Docker

Luke

Just tried again and it's still the same. Here is what it shows me when I try:

Preparing to update: emby/embyserver:beta

Pulling image: emby/embyserver:beta

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker rm -f EmbyServerBeta

EmbyServerBeta

The command finished successfully!

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="EmbyServerBeta" --net="host" -e APP_UID="99" -e APP_GID="100" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -p 8096:8096/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Appdata/embyserver/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/":"/mnt":rw emby/embyserver:beta

014483b06c0d153ecde669d86476c2dddc2e25e9a15b4efce8cf358f125a10fe

The command finished successfully!

That means almost nothing to me, but hopefully it can tell you guys something. ;-)

You're trying to pull the wrong image. This is what you need: emby/embyserver_beta

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver_beta/

You're trying to pull the wrong image. This is what you need: emby/embyserver_beta

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver_beta/

I'm just pulling from the same spot that I setup over a year ago (which has worked perfectly fine until recently). If it's different it's because it got changed on emby's side of things (why?). To that end, how do I go about changing the pull location in my unRAID docker without having to completely start from scratch?

I'm just pulling from the same spot that I setup over a year ago (which has worked perfectly fine until recently). If it's different it's because it got changed on emby's side of things (why?). To that end, how do I go about changing the pull location in my unRAID docker without having to completely start from scratch?

Just go into container settings, switch the advanced view on at the top right, then you'll see the image name as a field there. You might want to post about it on the unraid forum in the emby thread. If the image location really changed for the beta they may have to update the template.
  • Like 1

Just go into container settings, switch the advanced view on at the top right, then you'll see the image name as a field there. You might want to post about it on the unraid forum in the emby thread. If the image location really changed for the beta they may have to update the template.

Ok, So that advanced view slider was really hard to see. Completely missed it I don't know how many times!  lol  

Thanks. It all appears to be working again. :-)

jimphreak

Can someone point me to a good thread/resource for how to setup the proper volume mappings in Emby?  I'm coming from Plex where I not only map my media volumes but also redirect the Plex metadata folders to a different disk so that the metadata isn't all stored with the rest of the installation and thus fill up that drive.  See the example below for my current Plex volume mappings:

v '/data/plexdata/Cache:/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache' \
-v '/data/plexdata/Media:/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Media' \

Since 3 days ago all of a sudden my remote guest users can't log in. They just get "invalid username or password, please try again" and I get a "failed login attempt by.. on my emby server dashboard.. My emby docker is behind a reverse proxy, but I can log in fine remotely with my local admin user so I know It's working. I've tried to delete the guest users and invite them again, but still can't log in. They can log in fine with the same user/pw here at emby.media so user/pw is correct. Anyone have a clue why they can't log in anymore?

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to add a normal user instead of a guest user.

I already had a test guest account set up so I've tried that and I can't log in in with that either. I also deleted that account and invited myself again but no dice. I haven't tried signing up with a complete new user tho as I alreday had a test guest account set up. But I guess I can try that when I get home, have to set up a new e-mail to do that so. 

By no dice I meant it wasn't working.. The login screen is giving this error, it pop's up in the lower left corner (doesn't show in the attached image tho). I will try to add a new guest user now, just have to sign up again.

post-144964-0-09685600-1506350870_thumb.jpg

@@Luke Okey so I figured it out, sort of.. There's something wrong with the latest docker version.. Because if I roll back to the version from 19 days ago all my users can log in fine. Should I report this somewhere? Or is here good enough?

Edit: should also mention before I rolled back I tried adding a completely new guest user and normal user, none of them were able to log in

Edited by strike

@@Luke That's the sign in screen on the embyserver docker version. The x86_64 3.2.30.0 version to be precise.  As I mentioned earlier my docker is behind a reverse proxy. So that's the screen the users get when they go to mydomain.com

Maybe I should also mention that I run an ombi docker too, which is connected to the embyserver and pulls all the users from the emby database so they can log in with the same credentials. When I updated the emby docker 4-5 days ago I noticed that all the users in ombi was gone too. So it's almost as all the users in the emby database was deleted and couldn't be added again. When I rolled back all the emby users were back in ombi again. 

ffmpeg is unable to start. head over to

/config/ffmpeg/20170308/ffmpeg

and ensure the ffmpeg and ffprobe executable have execute permissions. Right now the server is unable to launch it. Thanks.

Anyone have an idea how to solve the problem I posted a few days ago? @@Luke maybe?

Here is my nginx reverse proxy config for emby if it helps:

location /emby/ {
		rewrite ^/emby(/.*)$ $1 break;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-for $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Protocol $scheme;
		proxy_redirect off;
		auth_basic "Restricted";
		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.159:8096;
	}

I've also tried to remove basic auth to see if that caused any problems, but still the same issue. I've also tried different browsers

pir8radio

Anyone have an idea how to solve the problem I posted a few days ago? @@Luke maybe?

Here is my nginx reverse proxy config for emby if it helps:

location /emby/ {
		rewrite ^/emby(/.*)$ $1 break;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-for $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Protocol $scheme;
		proxy_redirect off;
		auth_basic "Restricted";
		auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.159:8096;
	}

I've also tried to remove basic auth to see if that caused any problems, but still the same issue. I've also tried different browsers

So you created a local gest account or you are using the emby connect guest access?  

@@pir8radio It appears to be an issue with emby connect. When I tested a few days ago I created a new guest user using emby connect and a local test user, none of them could log in. One thing I remember now is that on the local test user I also filled in my test username which is signed up at emby.media. So I guess it tried to sign in via emby connect. So now I tested with an another local test account, this time with nothing filled in in the "emby username or email.." and I was able to log in with that account. So it appears local accounts works, but not emby connect accounts. Any idea why?

Edited by strike

pir8radio

@@pir8radio It appears to be an issue with emby connect. When I tested a few days ago I created a new guest user using emby connect and a local test user, none of them could log in. One thing I remember now is that on the local test user I also filled in my test username which is signed up at emby.media. So I guess it tried to connect via emby connect. So now I tested with an another test account, this time with nothing filled in in the "emby username or email.." and I was able to log in with that account. So it appears local accounts works, but not emby connect accounts. Any idea why?

I would guess it's because you are using a subdirectory rather than a subdomain.   I don't think emby connect tries to reach your server using domain.com/emby/web/blahblah...   I think it uses domain.com/web/blahblah..    Im sure you have your reasons, but why not use subdomains  like   emby.mydomain.com    rather than mydomain.com/emby      ?    

But It has worked for a long time, just had issues now with the latest update. And wouldn't it just fail to connect rather than connect and throw an "invalid username or password" error if it had something to do with subdomains vs subdirectory?

I guess I could try to set up a subdomain and check if that works better, just have to figure out how I can do that with duckdns. If it's possible.. I created this duckdns setup a long time ago so I don't really remember how I set it up. :P

pir8radio

But It has worked for a long time, just had issues now with the latest update. And wouldn't it just fail to connect rather than connect and throw an "invalid username or password" error if it had something to do with subdomains vs subdirectory?

I guess I could try to set up a subdomain and check if that works better, just have to figure out how I can do that with duckdns. If it's possible.. I created this duckdns setup a long time ago so I don't really remember how I set it up. :P

mine works...   :)     There have been recent login issues around /emby usage see here:   https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51126-emby-wants-me-to-login-everytime-the-browser-refreshes/page-2