Docker

Luke

alucryd

Neither the mono version nor the netcore version which is in the process of replacing the mono version do. Also Microsoft will probably never release a dotnet runtime for armv6, this architecture is too outdated for them to care, they don't even provide official support for armv7 softfp.

Edited by alucryd

skybird1980

todays docker update seams bugged, server is restarting allways.

docker image size ist 139 MB - last Build was 193 mb. so something went wrong?

skybird1980

oh yes. since emby container is not startet i can only paste the log of the container.

standard_init_linux.go:195: exec user process caused "exec format error"

no more info :)

post-178957-0-01895700-1515782836_thumb.png

alucryd

One of my builds failed, and the latest tag was overwritten by an arm image, I'm currently rebuilding, should be all good again shortly.

Edited by alucryd

alucryd

Latest is back to normal, apologies for the inconvenience, but that was for a good cause, the arm image(s) are now fully functional :)

Hi everyone, we have an announcement for the next release of Emby Server on Docker. As you may know, the current Docker image ships with a custom launcher script. Our next release will completely rework our Docker container to be based on Microsoft .NET Core, which means no more mono (yes !).

We will not be preserving this launcher script, so means you'll need to start emby server using vanilla docker methods on the command line, or from your Unraid web interface if you're using it from Unraid.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this. Thanks !

The current docker image seems to be broken. After starting I get the following error message:

Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe': No such file or directory.

Does this have to do with the transition from mono to .NET core?

The current docker image seems to be broken. After starting I get the following error message:

Cannot open assembly '/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe': No such file or directory.

Does this have to do with the transition from mono to .NET core?

What version? We haven't actually made the change yet.

The docker image version is x86_64_3.2.60.0.

Do you have any idea what could have caused the error if it is not related to mono?

The docker image version is x86_64_3.2.60.0.

Do you have any idea what could have caused the error if it is not related to mono?

Is that the complete ouput? can we see everything? thanks.

Upon further inspection it seems to be related to the new version not being found.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-conf-onetime: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-conf-onetime: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 02-user-onetime: executing...
[cont-init.d] 02-user-onetime: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 03-upgrade-onetime: executing...
Updating emby-server...
Found version: 3.2.70.0
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100     9    0     9    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  1:11:35 --:--:--    17
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /var/tmp/emby.zip or
        /var/tmp/emby.zip.zip, and cannot find /var/tmp/emby.zip.ZIP, period.
Archive:  /var/tmp/emby.zip
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   512  100   512    0     0    512      0  0:00:01 --:--:--  0:00:01  3240
[cont-init.d] 03-upgrade-onetime: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 04-fix_dllmaps-onetime: executing...
[cont-init.d] 04-fix_dllmaps-onetime: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

yea because we turned off the autobuild for docker right now while we make this transition, and also, going forward you will need to use standard docker update procedures.

Okay, so while the old launcher script is still in the latest docker image how can I get it to work with autobuild being disabled?

Edit: Nevermind, see below.

Edited by flowlee

cyrenbyren

i'm having trouble upgrading to amd64_3.2.70.2 from x86_64_3.2.60.0. 

i'm running emby on rancher, and i have been updating simply by pulling the latest image and that has been working well so far. with this latest version however it doesn't seem like emby is starting up. 

the only logs i get are:

1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[fix-attrs.d] done.
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[cont-init.d] done.
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[services.d] starting services
1/20/2018 11:58:25 AM[services.d] done.

rolling back works, luckily. has there been any breaking changes that require some manual fiddling?

Edited by cyrenbyren

cyrenbyren

i have not entered any custom entry points, so it should be using the default from the dockerfile.

EDIT: i checked the command from "docker ps", and it shows the same as the earlier version: "/.r/r /init"

Edited by cyrenbyren

So I have updated to the new docker version, thanks btw! But I'm having some issues. I'm unable to play anything at all from any browser, I just get "playback error, no compatible streams are currently available..." I've been able to locate the issue tho. The issue is with the temporary transcoding path. I'm using unRAID and I have configured emby to move the transcoding to RAM by mapping /tmp/emby to /transcode inside the container. In my emby transcode settings then have /transcode as the transcoding path. This have been working great since I started using emby, but for some reason, it stopped working with the latest version. If I just set the transcoding path to the default path everything works fine.

Any idea why how I can get this working again? Instead of having to use my cache disk which has limited space to work with.. I have some logs for you, the 2 first are when I can't play anything and the next 2 are when everything is working fine.

server-63652140046-error.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-2e2606be-e12b-45ff-9c05-a37cba48c8f0-error.txt

server-63652140557-success.txt

ffmpeg-remux-9b423cde-dfed-4adb-a134-66f5ace8f1ea-success.txt

Edited by strike

alucryd

i have not entered any custom entry points, so it should be using the default from the dockerfile.

EDIT: i checked the command from "docker ps", and it shows the same as the earlier version: "/.r/r /init"

I wasn't asking about the entrypoint, I'd like to know the whole docker run command. FYI the log mentions the service started fine, what makes you say it doesn't work? If the service didn't run as expected, you'd see something along those lines:

[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

alucryd

So I have updated to the new docker version, thanks btw! But I'm having some issues. I'm unable to play anything at all from any browser, I just get "playback error, no compatible streams are currently available..." I've been able to locate the issue tho. The issue is with the temporary transcoding path. I'm using unRAID and I have configured emby to move the transcoding to RAM by mapping /tmp/emby to /transcode inside the container. In my emby transcode settings then have /transcode as the transcoding path. This have been working great since I started using emby, but for some reason, it stopped working with the latest version. If I just set the transcoding path to the default path everything works fine.

Any idea why how I can get this working again? Instead of having to use my cache disk which has limited space to work with.. I have some logs for you, the 2 first are when I can't play anything and the next 2 are when everything is working fine.

What are the permissions on /tmp/emby? By default the new container runs as the daemon user, uid 2 and gid 2. You can customize the UID, GID and GIDLIST env variables inside the container as described on docker hub, by using the -e flag on the docker run command.

alucryd

I have the container running as uid 1000 and gid 100 and permissions for /tmp/emby is 775. So it has read/write access

775 doesn't give you write access if the directory doesn't belong to uid 1000 or gid 100. How are you setting the uid/gid? This has changed between the mono and netcore version.