Docker

Luke

No, that is from the mono runtime 5.0.1.1. Our recommended version is still 4.8.1. We are looking into locking the version in the docker container so that it won't update beyond what we want it to be.

WonkoTheSane

Updated my Unraid docker again today. I'm on version 3.2.19.0 now. Thanks for the quick fix.

• Like 1

Commerzpunk

Hello,

i am testing the emby docker container in my OMV 3.0.77 setup.

When i did this the last time, i remember that i got a suggestion for a mapped volume when i did the configuration (it was /config).

Not, there is no such suggestion and when i set the value manualy its not saved.

As a result the configuration ist deleted everytime i modify the containter.

Why is that?

Hello,

When i did this the last time, i remember that i got a suggestion for a mapped volume when i did the configuration (it was /config).

Not, there is no such suggestion and when i set the value manualy its not saved.

Why is that?

What screen exactly was this on?

swindmiller

Sorry if this has been asked before but does Play Random work on a tv series level in the docker version.

I have a emby server running on a windows machine and use the windows media center client to watch. I am able to click play on a tv series and choose Play Random which will play an episode from any season of that show.

i switched my server to the docker on unraid, still using Windows Media Center to watch, and I can no longer click play on a TV series (it does nothing) but I can do it on a Season level.

we use this ALL the time.

Play All does the same thing.

EDIT: seems to work fine in the Web Client, just not the WMC client. However using the server installed on windows (same version) works fine in WMC

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by swindmiller

BAlGaInTl

Right here, "containter path"

5932f82417287_2017060319_54_25openmediav

I am not a Docker expert, but I also use OMV and Emby.

It looks like you only have the docker volume which is why every time you make a change, you lose everything.  The storage isn't persistent which is one of the reasons to use a docker.  I had this exact problem when I started out and was changing a lot of stuff until I got it right.  The Backup plugin helped (premium), but I still had to do a full library scan every time I changed something on my server or upgraded the container.

I ended up killing everything and starting over with the suggested script here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Docker-Getting-Started

It asks you what paths you want set up from the beginning.  I created three different ones.  One for my media, one for my config, and one for my backup data.  The backup data is just on the same share as my media, but I mapped to it separately because it makes configuring Emby easy.

So mine look something like this now:

Host Path  |  Container Path

/media/somelongstring/media  |  /media

/media/somelongstring/media/EmbyBackup |  /EmbyBackup

/home/emby/config  |  /config

In that manner, my media, backup, and configuration are all in persistent storage on my OMV server.

You may have to fiddle with permissions and users to make sure everything works, but in the end it makes life much simpler. 

I also turned on storing metadata and images with the files.  It takes up space on my server, but if I kill my docker and re-create it, most of the media needed is already there, so it's much quicker.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
skurvy_pirate

Recently I noticed that my Realtime monitoring doesn't seem to be picking up newly added items. This used to work for me in the past and I don't think I have changed any paths or anything since moving to Docker. Is there anything I can try or check to debug this? The storage is on a NAS but there are shares mounted on the Linux system that point to them, and then Emby maps those paths and uses them in the media library settings.

TrainAss

I tried updating my Emby to the latest Beta build this evening, in doing so I was met with a constant screen indicating "Emby server is loading. Please try again shortly". After waiting for 5min I got impatient, restarted the container, same thing. So I did some searching on the forums, and found one in the beta server thread with the same issue, their container kept rebooting on them. The fix for someone else was to go to steable.

I updated to stable and now while Emby loads, I can't play on any device except my Android phone. So I thought I'd go up to Dev instead, however I'm now greeted with "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for emby/embyserver:dev not found." I get the same thing with beta as well.

Any ideas? Any logs I can pull for anyone?

My script is as follows to build the container.

#!/bin/bash
docker run -d --net=host --restart="always" --name=embyserver -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /media/811dbca0-897b-4721-a94e-bb6f9a917016/docker-configs/emby:/config -v /media/811dbca0-897b-4721-a94e-bb6f9a917016/Backup/EmbyBackup -v /media/ec12ab45-7fe6-471a-be2b-158107895b49/Television1:/TV1 -v /media/796ede8c-e804-49c9-81ca-feafedc3a0c1/Television2:/TV2 -v /media/f2d6decd-8720-4aa4-8c4b-4fe1b0d9aafa/Television3:/TV3 -v /media/c11fb87b-bdef-4d69-ae55-61fae2e69d25/Movies1:/movies1 -v /media/ecb422f7-8fe7-470c-a658-4126b28c6456/Movies2:/movies2 -v /media/811dbca0-897b-4721-a94e-bb6f9a917016/Anime:/anime emby/embyserver:dev

The last part of the command after "anime" is what tells Docker which image to pull, in this case, the dev build. Pulling an image works fine if I don't have :dev or :beta after the embyserver.

Edited by TrainAss

hurricanehrndz

Dev doesn't exist anymore. Beta got renamed awhile ago, read a few post back

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Recently I noticed that my Realtime monitoring doesn't seem to be picking up newly added items. This used to work for me in the past and I don't think I have changed any paths or anything since moving to Docker. Is there anything I can try or check to debug this? The storage is on a NAS but there are shares mounted on the Linux system that point to them, and then Emby maps those paths and uses them in the media library settings.

@@skurvy_pirate, can you please open a new topic and discuss a specific example and attach the information that corresponds to that example by following how to report a problem. Before you do that, double check in library setup that you've actually enabled the realtime monitor. thanks !

I tried updating my Emby to the latest Beta build this evening, in doing so I was met with a constant screen indicating "Emby server is loading. Please try again shortly". After waiting for 5min I got impatient, restarted the container, same thing. So I did some searching on the forums, and found one in the beta server thread with the same issue, their container kept rebooting on them. The fix for someone else was to go to steable.

I updated to stable and now while Emby loads, I can't play on any device except my Android phone. So I thought I'd go up to Dev instead, however I'm now greeted with "docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for emby/embyserver:dev not found." I get the same thing with beta as well.

The last part of the command after "anime" is what tells Docker which image to pull, in this case, the dev build. Pulling an image works fine if I don't have :dev or :beta after the embyserver.

@@TrainAss, why don't we look at your issue on the stable channel. Please open a new topic and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Commerzpunk

Hello,

Why is that?

Right here, "containter path"

5932f82417287_2017060319_54_25openmediav

The solution is simple, but did drive me crazy. Maybe it helps someone else:

After filling the path you HAVE TO press the + (plus) button behind the entry!

Then its saved and you have to click OK to save the whole configuration.

apefray

Hi Guys,

Same problem as TrainAss. I updated Emby beta under the Unraid Docker, and now I can't connect to the WEBGUI, or I get a screen indicating "Emby server is loading. Please try again shortly". The couple of times I managed to get into the WEBGUI, it was unresponsive.

Cheers

Edited by apefray

hurricanehrndz

Hi Guys,

Same problem as TrainAss. I updated Emby beta under the Unraid Docker, and now I can't connect to the WEBGUI, or I get a screen indicating "Emby server is loading. Please try again shortly". The couple of times I managed to get into the WEBGUI, it was unresponsive.

Cheers

Like I said beta got move to different name. Dev doesn't exist. The templates for unRAID were updated. If you jump version to version you have more than likely corrupted the database as well.

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver_beta/

And

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Build/blob/master/unraid-templates/emby/EmbyServerBeta.xml

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

apefray

I was still getting the problem after removing the Docker, and deleting the emby folder, then reinstalling emby via community apps?

However, it then dawned on me that there are two versions on community apps, and of course I have been using the wrong one, grrrrr! I've now installed the stable version and all is well again.

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

The solution is simple, but did drive me crazy. Maybe it helps someone else:

After filling the path you HAVE TO press the + (plus) button behind the entry!

Then its saved and you have to click OK to save the whole configuration.

There was a typo in the docker file in regards to expose the /config volume correctly. I'm sure this added to your issue.