Docker

Luke

aptalca

Hi

I was running docker server on kodi 17 (libreELEC version from Raybuntu) and updated to kodi alpha 18 Raybuntu. Is emby docker server supposed to be working as it is working on kodi 17. I seem to have some issues

This evening I wanted to watch an episode but all my tv show posters dissapeared after I saw in the upper right corner of the screen something like deleting synchron. I can't rememer the exact phrase. I checked and all of my data on the NAS is still there.

Are you using the docker addon from the linuxserver repo? If so, they are untested in kodi leia. There is a report of some addon settings not being set properly in leia but it is unconfirmed. I couldn't get leia to work on my test machine yet.

kodibart

Are you using the docker addon from the linuxserver repo? If so, they are untested in kodi leia. There is a report of some addon settings not being set properly in leia but it is unconfirmed. I couldn't get leia to work on my test machine yet.

When I ssh into libreelec and do a docker version I get

Client:

Version:      1.13.1

API version:  1.26

Go version:   go1.7.5

Git commit:   1.13.1

Built:        Thu Sep 14 10:39:29 UTC 2017

OS/Arch:      linux/arm

Server:

Version:      1.13.1

API version:  1.26 (minimum version 1.12)

Go version:   go1.7.5

Git commit:   1.13.1

Built:        Thu Sep 14 10:39:29 UTC 2017

OS/Arch:      linux/arm

Experimental: false

I'm running leia 10 compiled by Raybuntu for the odroidC2 hardware.

Should I be using another docker addon or better to downgrade to kodi 17?

Edited by kodibart

kodibart

When I go into kodi my addons - Docker , the repository is from RB addons and the version is 9.04.115 by Team LibreELEC

Addon Emby(LinuxServer.io is from repository LinuxServer.io Docker Add ons and the version is 1.0.1

My Emby docker container has stopped getting artwork, and i can't browse the plugin catalog.

It used to work, but something has changed and now it doesn't.

The command: docker exec Emby ping 8.8.8.8 is successful. it pings away until i kill it.

Similarly, docker exec Emby ping www.google.com is usccesful and pings away as well.

This leads me to believe that the container has internet connection.

And that leads me back to the Emby sever application having issues.

Emby version is 3.0.5724.6

I've stopped and started the container and run a docker pull a bunch of times.

One quirk of the docker implementation on Synology is that you can't connect a container to the host network. i figured that was the issue, but since i have internet access elsewise, i don't think so.

To be honest, all i'm looking to do is install the backup plugin so i can move from the docker Emby to the synology DSM native emby. A manual backup might work, but i would be pretty crap at troubleshooting permission/user issues if i hit them.

Yeah, so that's what I've tried too. The update script Update.sh in the container fails with a key error. The docker pull is successful, but i just get teh same result.

Considering the auto-update environment variable simply does not work on synology, what is the next best update routine?

Here is the terminal output from the update process given back on page 13

sudo docker exec -i Emby /Update.sh
ok: down: emby: 0s, normally up
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1500755520

W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 1282664 1282758

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
emby-server is already the newest version.
mono-runtime is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 197 not upgraded.
ok: run: emby: (pid 246) 0s

The repository key expired, so you need to go through the install steps again to renew that.

The repository key expired, so you need to go through the install steps again to renew that.

So, i need to re-install the Emby docker container? won't that give m a fresh install of Emby and necessitate restoring from a backup? which i can't do because i can't installt he plugin, because my version is old and i need to upgrade which i can't do.

Is the short version that i am boned? Or can you imagine a work around for me? If i could gett he emby backup plugi package and follow an offline install that would work. Or if there is a manual (ie. file copy) backup i can do that won't land me on DB user/permission issues that might be a go as well.

No, not a reinstall, you just need to step through the process again on top of your existing installation to renew the repository key.

isn't that what a docker pull should do? Or at least re-download the image within the docker GUI on Synology DSM? (which is as far as i am aware, simply a docker pull with a GUI in front)

Could you give me some broad brush steps to "go through the install steps again"? I appreciate the help.

Thanks

hurricanehrndz

We change the image location, you might be pulling from the wrong repo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We change the image location, you might be pulling from the wrong repo

okay, so whats the new repo? How can i set up a docker pull from the new repo, to update the image from the old one? Or can i just fetch the new image, and then set up the run command such that it points at the config folder? or will this result in user/permission issues?

Could i modify update.sh to point at the new repo? Containers are supposed to be stateless though, so running the update within the container is a little sideways to docker principles.

The main thing i want to keep is watched state. Artwork and NFOs are stored locally and i only have the one user. 

A little more idrection would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

hurricanehrndz

okay, so whats the new repo? How can i set up a docker pull from the new repo, to update the image from the old one? Or can i just fetch the new image, and then set up the run command such that it points at the config folder? or will this result in user/permission issues?

Could i modify update.sh to point at the new repo? Containers are supposed to be stateless though, so running the update within the container is a little sideways to docker principles.

The main thing i want to keep is watched state. Artwork and NFOs are stored locally and i only have the one user. 

A little more idrection would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

The new stable docker repo is located here. When I mentioned repo I was talking about the docker image location.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just completely reinstalled Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 3 and installed the Docker Emby ARM image on it. It works (720p seems to barely work), but I'm unable to watch MKV files. What should I do?

fygonzalo

I've just completely reinstalled Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 3 and installed the Docker Emby ARM image on it. It works (720p seems to barely work), but I'm unable to watch MKV files. What should I do?

You might be having the same problem as I had. Check this thread and verify if your logs shows same error. I would glad to get feedback because I am not sure if this is something with my setup only or related to emby arm docker images.

My setup is now working correctly (check my last reply on that thread) but I have permission problems, not sure why, my image could be very wrong. I have to set chmod 777 (maybe 755 works) for every file before play. This is not a permanent solution tho, I am waiting for a fix. AFAIK they are developing a new version based on mono alternative and it will come to raspberry too.

Yep I'm getting the same error.

I don't have a license for MPEG2 btw. Nor VP1.

Previously (when I ran emby the classic way, w/o Docker), I also had issues with transcoding and I fixed them by compiling my own ffmpeg version. But, 1) that gets out of date 2) takes nearly an hour to compile 3) it'd be compiled and running in Docker and I guess that'd get overwritten with updating Docker image.

ffmpeg-transcode-c53f4e55-d436-4827-bd65-35ea61a18ffd.txt.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

I am using the docker version of emby and get it working. I have setup my library which is a samba share (So I use \\<ip>\folder). Now, I got an error everytime I try to view a video, here is the log as attachement.

I have read somewhere that the issue is because ffmpeg has not been compiled with smb protocol support but I found that strange seen the add library wizard allow you to add a samba share and that the decoder can't use it.

Is ther ea way to way the a version compiled with smb protocol and update the docker image? I am pretty new to the docker world but if you can give me some how to I can try to compile myself.

Thanks!

Romain

log.log

Hi all!

I am using the docker version of emby and get it working. I have setup my library which is a samba share (So I use \\\folder). Now, I got an error everytime I try to view a video, here is the log as attachement.

I have read somewhere that the issue is because ffmpeg has not been compiled with smb protocol support but I found that strange seen the add library wizard allow you to add a samba share and that the decoder can't use it.

Is ther ea way to way the a version compiled with smb protocol and update the docker image? I am pretty new to the docker world but if you can give me some how to I can try to compile myself.

Thanks!

Romain

It hasn't been added yet but it is available in a test Docker container we've created:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/

Hopefully soon that test will be moved to production and then it will be included. Thanks.

• Like 1