Docker

Luke

kugelzucker

This might be a docker issue, which version are you using? For simplicity the container is created with the network set to host. The latest release of docker destroys the ipv6 stack making localhost unreasovable and the Network acts wonky.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

i am using 17.06.0-ce (stable from centos repos).

edit: reading up on --net=host that i found in /usr/local/bin/emby-server used by the docker run command it seems that i would not need to expose any ports since the host is passing the interface through to the container as is. leaving me with the question why i cant reach the daemon running inside the container.

edit2: looking into the container (docker exec -it emby-server bash) i found mono running using ps aux

root       282  1.1  1.2 1405460 195972 ?      Sl   09:16   0:12 /usr/bin/mono-sgen --optimize=all /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -res

seems the daemon is running.

Edited by kugelzucker

anderbytes

You got only ports open in 22 (ssh) and 25 (smtp).

With host option or bridge, the open ports would appear, but somehow they don't.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

anderbytes

There should be the commands available inside the image, for diagnostics

kugelzucker

There should be the commands available inside the image, for diagnostics

which commands specifically are you talking about? and what should i try to diagnose? connectivity? if the conainter is intact, etc. ?

anderbytes

Never seen that bug before.

I was taking about ss and netstat inside emby image for Docker. That would help because: if you can "ss" outside and doesn't see the ports, but could "ss" from inside and see the ports, it would be easy to confirm that Docker itself is messing up.

kugelzucker

It's probably that dam bug in Docker. https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/33099. Edit the wrapper script, delete the network host line and replace it with '-p 8089:8089 \' then reboot your system. Then try running emby and report back

alright, did that. when calling the host-ip on port 8089 from my laptop i get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT   , before i changed the --net i got ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED  so something is happening.

also, docker ps gives me this now:

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                    COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                                            NAMES
782d37e5ae5b        emby/embyserver:x86_64   "/init"             12 minutes ago      Up 12 minutes       1900/udp, 8096/tcp, 7359/udp, 0.0.0.0:8089->8089/tcp, 8920/tcp   emby-server

ss -anoe gives me this:

tcp    LISTEN     0      128                                                       :::8089                                                                  :::*                   ino:32736 sk:ffff88040ffa1980 v6only:0 <->still no dice ...
Edited by kugelzucker

kugelzucker

Did you reboot?

yes.

could it be something centos-specific that needs to be done? iptables rule?

kugelzucker

found the issue, it was  a typo in your answer above, stating port 8089 instead of the default emby port 8096 ... its working now. thanks for all your help!

donation is on its way.

Edited by kugelzucker

concord

Before I start digging and getting logs, has anyone had issues with playback of 1080p (mkv files) using the Emby docker version?  Specifically buffering/loading every so often and then eventually hanging on "Loading" using my Roku 3.   When using the FireTv, it would not hang, but it has sound dropouts instead.

I had Emby on an i5-2400S system and had no problems.   A couple months ago, I created a new server using an 7th gen i7 processor and decided to use docker implementations of Emby and Plex.  I'm just getting around to playing with my movies (mkv) using the Emby docker version and have this issue.   Processor usage is low when checking with top (1-10%, and ffmpeg topping at 61%).  Note that Plex has no issues playing the same library files.  I turned off the Plex docker to see if it had any effect, but no joy.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server headless

i7-7700 CPU

3TB Seagate drives

Thanks.

aptalca

Before I start digging and getting logs, has anyone had issues with playback of 1080p (mkv files) using the Emby docker version? Specifically buffering/loading every so often and then eventually hanging on "Loading" using my Roku 3. When using the FireTv, it would not hang, but it has sound dropouts instead.

I had Emby on an i5-2400S system and had no problems. A couple months ago, I created a new server using an 7th gen i7 processor and decided to use docker implementations of Emby and Plex. I'm just getting around to playing with my movies (mkv) using the Emby docker version and have this issue. Processor usage is low when checking with top (1-10%, and ffmpeg topping at 61%). Note that Plex has no issues playing the same library files. I turned off the Plex docker to see if it had any effect, but no joy.

i7-7700 CPU

3TB Seagate drives

Thanks.

No issues here with docker and 1080p. I have the fire tv, fire tv stick, roku 3 and a bunch of libreelec/kodi clients.

The sound dropouts on the fire tv are normal. I get them in emby and plex when direct playing surround sound material, as well as in Netflix. It's an issue with the fire tv.

Is the roku connected through wifi or ethernet?

Edited by aptalca

Before I start digging and getting logs, has anyone had issues with playback of 1080p (mkv files) using the Emby docker version?  Specifically buffering/loading every so often and then eventually hanging on "Loading" using my Roku 3.   When using the FireTv, it would not hang, but it has sound dropouts instead.

I had Emby on an i5-2400S system and had no problems.   A couple months ago, I created a new server using an 7th gen i7 processor and decided to use docker implementations of Emby and Plex.  I'm just getting around to playing with my movies (mkv) using the Emby docker version and have this issue.   Processor usage is low when checking with top (1-10%, and ffmpeg topping at 61%).  Note that Plex has no issues playing the same library files.  I turned off the Plex docker to see if it had any effect, but no joy.

i7-7700 CPU

3TB Seagate drives

Thanks.

Hi @@concord, if you could please supply the information requested in how to report a media playback issue, we'll do our very best to help you. thanks !

BarryAmerika

I'm getting an error with AndroidTV client that I think relates to docker. I have been slowly migrating to a new server and only have this problem on the docker server. In the androidTV clients when I reset the app and run for the first time everything works fine but after that I am not able to view any Next Up type menus. This happens on either stable or beta AndroidTV apps.

The error that flashes on screen is:

Attempt to read from field 'sun.util.calendar.BaseCalendar$Date java.util.Date.cdate' on a null object reference

I'm also seeing strange date behaviour with emby for kodi plugin (see screenshot - date shows as 1905) but everything works OK. EmbyCon for Kodi presents no issues.

The regular android clients seems to work fine (and now allows offline sync!).

Should I paste server logs? App logs? report it in Android TV forum or here? I have just sent a log via the AndroidTV app.

I have tried using environment variables of '- TZ=Australia/Sydney' and no time values at all.

Have started fresh twice with docker install and recreating configuration.

Docker server is Debian jessie i5-4570 with 16GB ram.

59729815e98e9_embykodi.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the lastest docker build is horrible working .... crashes while scanning etc.

would be nice if someone could proof that... i have no time for .log coz i have to go to work now ;)

the lastest docker build is horrible working .... crashes while scanning etc.

would be nice if someone could proof that... i have no time for .log coz i have to go to work now ;)

Make sure your plugins are up to date and you'll be fine. Remove the Messenger plugin if you have that installed. If the issue persists, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Harblar

EmbyServerBeta Docker won't update at all on my unRAID server anymore. I've currently got  3.2.17.7 installed. Emby Theater auto-updated on me and now won't work unless I update to the newest server version. When I click the force update on the docker page it goes to pull the data , can't find anything new, and then finishes without doing anything. I really don't want to have to delete everything and start from scratch again. Is this a problem on my end or is something wrong with https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/emby/embyserver/

Harblar

Just tried again and it's still the same. Here is what it shows me when I try:

Preparing to update: emby/embyserver:beta

Pulling image: emby/embyserver:beta

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker rm -f EmbyServerBeta

EmbyServerBeta

The command finished successfully!

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="EmbyServerBeta" --net="host" -e APP_UID="99" -e APP_GID="100" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -p 8096:8096/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Appdata/embyserver/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/":"/mnt":rw emby/embyserver:beta

014483b06c0d153ecde669d86476c2dddc2e25e9a15b4efce8cf358f125a10fe

The command finished successfully!

That means almost nothing to me, but hopefully it can tell you guys something.  ;-)

@@Harblar

install watchtower container... it checks all your container for updates every 5 minutes and updates them automatically ;)

That's all well and good, but not the issue I'm having. Also, don't really want it to do that. It's bad enough when emby theater auto updates and then requires a server update (that I still can't get to load) before it'll work. I typically prefer to keep a stable version installed until I see a good enough reason to update. (yeah, I know I'm running the beta, but that doesn't mean I want to risk instability on every single update when I have one that is perfectly meeting my needs). Also wouldn't want it to suddenly pull a server update while I was in the middle of watching something. That'd get annoying very quickly.

Still got nothing when I try to pull  an update. Going on a week or more without being able to use Emby whatsoever. I don't have time to dedicate to constantly trouble shooting and/or reinstalling the server/apps/etc every time there is some new update. I have maybe an hour or so a week I can put into this, other than the time I want to actually WATCH my movies and if I can't do that that is pretty much a deal breaker.