Docker

Luke

Thanks for you reply.

I tried to update the emby server from within the interface, with no success.

Check for application updates failed.
a minute ago
One or more errors occurred.

Then I tried to ssh using: docker exec emby-server update
It says all went ok, but I'm still on 3.0.5882.0

Then, I removed my plugins (trakt and emby sync), restarted server on NAS, restarted docker, same problem.
I give you full log: http://pastebin.com/XUGrPJJU

Thanks!

Outgoing http requests are failing. You need to configure the network connection for the docker container.

All is good regarding ports and mapping.

I tried even executing with root, no success.

I guess I might have to start fresh in a new container?

My question, what folders am I to save in order to preserve my settings and library to paste in the new container?

Thanks.

Edited by ciss

vigilian

I have th esame problem as you with the new version. the local is good. But if I try in remote, I can't access via the app in ios or android to my server. But I can access it through a browser. Same result in http or https.... any ideas? By the way I change the port in system.xml, I don't know if it's relevant, but since it is good in local... everything looks good in the config or anywhere else, and I guess it's good because I can acces remotely through a browser...

it seems that there is nothing in the logs.... I guess it's the log with the name :server-9.... .txt? It doesn't seem to log anything about accessing from the app at this moment but from the stats of my router, the packet are incrementing so not the problem... maybe the container does still believe to have to transmit through 8026? I already delete the server from the account and relinked it.

Edited by vigilian

Hey guys I kind of sorted out the problem with my syno docker.

Now that I found it, I need to solve it, that's why I ask for your help again :)

So, I have my synology firewall set to allow my needed ports, and block all other.

In emby, I mapped the following ports:

Local ports: 7359, 8096, 8920, 32780 corresponding to container ports: 7359, 8096, 8920, 1900.

I set the rule to allow all these ports in firewall, but it doesn't work.

Unless I allow ALL ports, emby can't connect externally. 

Do you know if Emby needs another ports to be allowed in firewall, except for the ones mentioned above?

I don't want to have my firewall disabled, just to allow emby.

Thanks

7359 is not needed externally, neither is 1900.

rather - they're needed outside of the docker container but don't need to be exposed outside of your network

• Like 1

I left 7359 and 1900/32780 allowed in firewall, but removed them from mapped UPnP for external access. Thanks.

In my synology firewall, after allowing my used ports (this includes also the 4 ports in emby), the last line is:

All protocols, all ports, all ips = DENY

This means, all other ports and ip's that are not listed above it, will be blocked.

If I uncheck this last rule, emby can run without problems, if I have it enforced, emby only works in localnetwork, cant update metadata, etc.

This makes me believe there must be another port emby uses that I am not aware of.

Cause I cant think of another scenario.

Please advise, as said I wouldn't like to to allow ALL just to use emby. And I need external access for my paid iphone and ipad apps.

Any hints? I uninstalled, and reinstalled, I have now the latest version, same problem.

Ok, I just started step by step and finally figured it out.

In Synology firewall I had my set of rules enforced to "ALL INTERFACES".

I thought that was a good thing to have them globally enforced, but I just read an article which pointed to "LAN 1" instead. So, I added these rules to LAN 1.

Magically, now it works.

I don't know what the difference was but I'm glad it worked.

Please do notice that this was not a problem in earlier versions of Emby.

Thanks for putting up with a noob like me, hope this might help someone else.

• Like 1

vigilian

well me it's on a linux server so no synology. Can someone give me some hints? even if I change in the configuration file, the container continue to keep using 8060?

WebBuddha

I've mounted my shared foldes as volumes in docker, but if I try to add them in emby, there empty.

How do I have to set the folder permissions for emby on an synology Ds1515+?

Edited by WebBuddha

vigilian

Maybe this question have already been asked but I would like to know if it is possible to add volumes to the emby- server from docker? Especially if we launch it through the command: emby-server? would the new volumes will comitted to life to the docker?

hurricanehrndz

I've mounted my shared foldes as volumes in docker, but if I try to add them in emby, there empty.

How do I have to set the folder permissions for emby on an synology Ds1515+?

Please see the docker wiki, you need to ensure you are using the appropriate UID and GID for either the container or the shares. The default for the docker image is 1000 and 1000. I don't know how synology deploys the docker images. Some NAS providers set up docker template to ensure the docker images is deployed with UID and GID that will have access to shares. Apparently synology does not do this. 

• 3 weeks later...
tariqmirza

I have the same issue whereas i install docker but when i try to locate the folder from within Emby, it seems it cannot locate. I have installed other docker e.g. sonarr and used the same method and gave permission to the folder which contains the media, but Emby comes up empty folder. If anyone can help that would be great. I attached couple of photos hope it helps. The media is storder inside /volume1

post-92124-0-13752300-1462272098_thumb.png

post-92124-0-25257700-1462272110_thumb.png

post-92124-0-01740800-1462272121_thumb.png

Edited by tariqmirza

tariqmirza

Managed to find the solution ...Yaay .. had to create a user "everyone" for the /volume1/video/ and afterwards the Emby was able to see the files inside there.. Attached picture hope it helps

5728db9a86d38_ScreenShot20160503at205957

• 3 weeks later...
Festivus Oz

I am wondering if people can share there experience or help. I have not found any guidance in searches.

I am running:

*Unraid 6.1.7

*Emby, Sonarr & Couch Potato dockers

To avoid doing Emby library scans constantly I wanted to create notifications in Sonarr and Couch Potato.

I have created API keys in Emby. Configured notifications in Sonarr and Couch Potato.

What works:

1. Testing interface in Sonarr and Couch Potato i.e. the notification for the test appears in notifications in Emby server console.

2. Sonarr triggers adding new media to the Emby database on completion of downloads

What doesn't work:

1. Couch Potato triggering adding new media to the Emby database on completion of downloads

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

thefirstofthe300

I am wondering if people can share there experience or help. I have not found any guidance in searches.

I am running:

*Unraid 6.1.7

*Emby, Sonarr & Couch Potato dockers

To avoid doing Emby library scans constantly I wanted to create notifications in Sonarr and Couch Potato.

I have created API keys in Emby. Configured notifications in Sonarr and Couch Potato.

What works:

1. Testing interface in Sonarr and Couch Potato i.e. the notification for the test appears in notifications in Emby server console.

2. Sonarr triggers adding new media to the Emby database on completion of downloads

What doesn't work:

1. Couch Potato triggering adding new media to the Emby database on completion of downloads

Any help would be appreciated

If I remember right, that is a limitation of Couchpotato itself. Emby supports the ability to do what you want, I just don't think the CP dev has added support for it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

hurricanehrndz

If I remember right, that is a limitation of Couchpotato itself. Emby supports the ability to do what you want, I just don't think the CP dev has added support for it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not true, I have it working perfectly fine.

Festivus Oz

Not true, I have it working perfectly fine.

Hi Hurricanehrndz. Thanks for confirming it works. And thanks for managing the docker.

Given the test notification works from CP to Emby can you suggest something to get it going. I am relatively new to Unraid and sockets. There are no options in CP.

I will try restarting the CP docker.

Thanks

hurricanehrndz

Sorry, at the moment I can not. I'm no longer on unraid and currently I don't have a setup as soon as I do I can

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
EdgarWallace

I just discovered that the last update was a while ago and the new features are looking promising.

Any intend in upgrading hurricane? Not pushing, just asking. Thanks for all your work