Docker

Luke

hurricanehrndz

Okay, issue is with docker build service. I will need to open an issue with them to hopefully get it resolved. Please use the internal update mechanism to update the container for now. `docker exec ${name} update`

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there seems to be an issue with the last build. I will try and get build up soon. Thank you for reporting the issue. PS if you notice that it does not update after removing and adding please check the tags on docker. If you notice that it has been more than 4 hrs since the release and a new docker has not been built. Please report the issue here so that we can get things resolved. Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

Hurricane,

3.0.8000 Server was released earlier today.   I checked the tags on docker for the latest/stable release, but both show they have not been updated in 9/10 days.   In your prior post, you requested to notify you after 4 hours of a server release if the new docker update is not available.   Same issue as before, I cannot pull it the 3.0.8000 version down to my Unraid server (ver. 6.2.1).    Can you check to see if there is an issue on the build side?

Thanks.

Pancho

Edited by Pancho

hurricanehrndz

There is an issue with docker hub, there build service has been terrible lately

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

hurricanehrndz

No worries. if you read the wiki you can set a cron job, I will update the container to also update on first launch from now on. docker hub is just becoming a mess to deal with.

Ubuntu Server 16.04.1

SAMBA version 4.3.11

Windows 10 client (Bash/Putty)

Emby 3.08000 OR 3.0.8100.0 (depending on time of day)

Docker 1.12.2

Emby server keeps rolling back to 3.08000 when I reboot my server box. To re-upgrade back to 3.0.8100 after every reboot I have to...

1. docker exec emby-server update

2. restart emby server via webpage GUI

I have installed the systemd service file. This is unexpected behavior, right?

Edited by teivalp

hurricanehrndz

Not really, behavior is expected. I have actually be putting a lot of thought to this lately, since docker hub has been unreliable. I will address these concerns soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My installation finally got broken, perhaps you can give me a hand to recover it (or perhaps will be better use a fresh container?)

My emby was giving me recurrent errors while playing my favourite series. It'll stop playing suddenly and jump to next episode, or bring my server to insane high cpu while idling.

I noticed that despite the cron update job it was still on 7th version number so i manually tried to update it using the internal command.

That done nothing, so I entered the docker and ran an upgrade and dist upgrade (an amount of packages where hold back)

During those commands some packages where uninstalled.

Now my emby installation does not reproduce video files and directly throws errors and gives up after third attempt.

Should i install the missing packages or try a fresh container? What are the requeried video decoding pkgs?

I saw something like xxxx245 was uninstalled.

Tnx.

hurricanehrndz

As long as you have your config file in a volume outside the container, why wouldn't you do a fresh container. There are no decoding packages. Ffmpeg static releases are used instead.

The only inconvenience I have with this approach is that I'm using Openmediavault and I depend on the interface for docker. I'm so clumsy with it.

hurricanehrndz

Ah.. well how did you set it up the first time?

Edited by hurricanehrndz

Oh, it has an interface for creation. The problem is that after that, it doesn't show the same options/data you specified before. As OMV has it's own requirements, I remember having to create a share inside the share with the same name for emby to see my media.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

hurricanehrndz

Hmm, sounds like openmedia vault needs work on the interface to make it easier for users to update and re-create containers. I'm not familiar with openmedia vault. What I can tell you is that other NAS os have options for templates that create the container. The developers usually put a list of environment variables that can be adjusted in order to modify how and with what permissions the container runs. I know because I created those templates for unRAID and rockstor. Is there no options with documentation that talks about UID and GID and volumes. Or even updating options for containers

For example, I just pulled the newer version of the image, and it left me with the newer, and a blank repository entry for the old.

OMV doesn't have option for updating or changing a container parameters. You must destroy the container.

065474d8cf9f21c80e7e6bb77506d056.jpg

That's what I have. But I'm not sure if something is missing.

Bridge in OMV was giving plenty of errors.

hurricanehrndz

Well as long as when you setup it up the first time you ensure to give it a volume for config you should be fine. Rund docker inspect of your current emby container and ensure that the config volume is mounted. Please look into the details for the emby container. Adjust the variables so that emby runs with the right uid and gid.

hurricanehrndz

It should be fine. Permissions might give you an issue since you never set the APP_UID and APP_GID environment variables. The config volume is mounted so your settings will persist after destruction and recreation.

Please the wiki entry for docker.

Edited by hurricanehrndz