Subtitles not showing on Emby Theater for Desktop, but showing on Emby Theater from the Store

aenon83
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aenon83

I have a movie that it's not showing the subtitles when running from the Desktop app, but it works when running from the one from the Windows Store. I don't know if I attached the correct log file.

embyserver.txt

aenon83

Oh, okay. I'm attaching a capture of the media info of the video. As I said, if I'm playing on the app from the windows store or even the web app it plays correct, the subtitle is marked as default. But when I'm playing it with the desktop app the subtitles are not showing. I haven't touch any configuration yet because with every other video it works correctly, it is just with this tv show, it happens in all of his chapters.

1558453519_Capturadepantalla2021-04-08211932.png.3bca1b2b80eb9e911a96047e6b4ba082.png 

Edited by aenon83
Formatting

lorac

With 3.15 embedded subs are showing garbled where the subs would normally be. I tested with multiple videos and all did the same thing.

I went back to 3.14 and the subs appeared as normal. I can post a screenshot later if need be.

aenon83

This video for example, it has subtitles in english by default but they are not loaded. Once it's playing I have to disable it and enable it again, then the subtitles appears but they don't appear with the font that the subtitle uses.

We transfer link

• Solution
On 4/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, aenon83 said:

Oh, okay. I'm attaching a capture of the media info of the video. As I said, if I'm playing on the app from the windows store or even the web app it plays correct, the subtitle is marked as default. But when I'm playing it with the desktop app the subtitles are not showing. I haven't touch any configuration yet because with every other video it works correctly, it is just with this tv show, it happens in all of his chapters.

1558453519_Capturadepantalla2021-04-08211932.png.3bca1b2b80eb9e911a96047e6b4ba082.png 

Thanks. This will be resolved in 3.0.16. It's only an issue when the subtitle stream is the first stream in the video. This is something that you see once in a while, but it's not very common, so this is not a widespread issue. Thanks for reporting.

aenon83

I see, it was weird because never happened to me before, but it's true that all the troubling videos are the those that the subtitle stream is the first. Maybe the app I use to join the subtitle with the video started doing things wrong. Thanks to you too.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

You mentioned a fix for this in 3.0.16 - it's now September. Where is it?

Hi, we haven't released a new version of this app yet, but you can get the fix from the test build here:

We can look at packaging a new version soon. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
SmileFlower
On 9/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we haven't released a new version of this app yet, but you can get the fix from the test build here:

The subtitle loading problem has not been fixed in the beta version. You must manually turn on and off subtitles to load normally

SmileFlower
On 9/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Luke said:

When I use external SRT or ass subtitles, when playing the next media, the subtitles cannot be loaded normally and need to be turned on and off manually.

I made a question video

10 hours ago, ilolita945 said:

When I use external SRT or ass subtitles, when playing the next media, the subtitles cannot be loaded normally and need to be turned on and off manually.

I made a question video

Seems to be working ok from here but we'll take a look. Thanks.

SmileFlower
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Seems to be working ok from here but we'll take a look. Thanks.

I choose Chinese by default. It can be seen from the video that the language subtitles I set are not loaded. I need to turn them on and off again to load Chinese subtitles correctly

On 9/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, SoralShiro said:

I choose Chinese by default. It can be seen from the video that the language subtitles I set are not loaded. I need to turn them on and off again to load Chinese subtitles correctly

@generiq are you able to reproduce?

SmileFlower
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you try the test build that was mentioned earlier in this topic?

The test version still cannot load SRT. You need to manually turn off and enable subtitles to display normally

5 minutes ago, SoralShiro said:

The test version still cannot load SRT. You need to manually turn off and enable subtitles to display normally

When did you download the test build?

SmileFlower
On 9/23/2021 at 5:11 AM, Luke said:

Try downloading the test build again and see if that helps. Thanks.

I try to download the latest beta version from here, but there is still a problem with subtitles. I need to turn subtitles on and off again to load my language

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77rxtiuexrsnlf9/emby-theater.zip?dl=0

You can download my video samples for testing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8FKhGPIviEya0cIGVAilg9emGhTZPMl?usp=sharing

The external subtitle language is Chinese, but it cannot be loaded when there are multiple languages You need to manually close and open subtitles every time to load my language normally

QQ截图20210923095018.png

Edited by SmileFlower