Jump to content

Subtitles not showing on Emby Theater for Desktop, but showing on Emby Theater from the Store


aenon83
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

aenon83

I have a movie that it's not showing the subtitles when running from the Desktop app, but it works when running from the one from the Windows Store. I don't know if I attached the correct log file.

embyserver.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, please provide discussion of an example. thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please go over the specifics of an example video and what you did. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aenon83
Posted (edited)

Oh, okay. I'm attaching a capture of the media info of the video. As I said, if I'm playing on the app from the windows store or even the web app it plays correct, the subtitle is marked as default. But when I'm playing it with the desktop app the subtitles are not showing. I haven't touch any configuration yet because with every other video it works correctly, it is just with this tv show, it happens in all of his chapters.

 

1558453519_Capturadepantalla2021-04-08211932.png.3bca1b2b80eb9e911a96047e6b4ba082.png 

Edited by aenon83
Formatting
Link to comment
Share on other sites

aenon83

The video is an mkv, I noticed that if I use MKVExtract and extract the subtitle it works in both apps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lorac

With 3.15 embedded subs are showing garbled where the subs would normally be. I tested with multiple videos and all did the same thing.

I went back to 3.14 and the subs appeared as normal. I can post a screenshot later if need be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you provide a sample video for testing? We're not able to reproduce. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aenon83

This video for example, it has subtitles in english by default but they are not loaded. Once it's playing I have to disable it and enable it again, then the subtitles appears but they don't appear with the font that the subtitle uses.

We transfer link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
On 4/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, aenon83 said:

Oh, okay. I'm attaching a capture of the media info of the video. As I said, if I'm playing on the app from the windows store or even the web app it plays correct, the subtitle is marked as default. But when I'm playing it with the desktop app the subtitles are not showing. I haven't touch any configuration yet because with every other video it works correctly, it is just with this tv show, it happens in all of his chapters.

 

1558453519_Capturadepantalla2021-04-08211932.png.3bca1b2b80eb9e911a96047e6b4ba082.png 

Thanks. This will be resolved in 3.0.16. It's only an issue when the subtitle stream is the first stream in the video. This is something that you see once in a while, but it's not very common, so this is not a widespread issue. Thanks for reporting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aenon83

I see, it was weird because never happened to me before, but it's true that all the troubling videos are the those that the subtitle stream is the first. Maybe the app I use to join the subtitle with the video started doing things wrong. Thanks to you too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

You mentioned a fix for this in 3.0.16 - it's now September. Where is it?

Hi, we haven't released a new version of this app yet, but you can get the fix from the test build here:

We can look at packaging a new version soon. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
SmileFlower
On 9/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we haven't released a new version of this app yet, but you can get the fix from the test build here:

We can look at packaging a new version soon. Thanks.

The subtitle loading problem has not been fixed in the beta version. You must manually turn on and off subtitles to load normally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SmileFlower
On 9/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we haven't released a new version of this app yet, but you can get the fix from the test build here:

We can look at packaging a new version soon. Thanks.

When I use external SRT or ass subtitles, when playing the next media, the subtitles cannot be loaded normally and need to be turned on and off manually.

 

I made a question video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ilolita945 said:

When I use external SRT or ass subtitles, when playing the next media, the subtitles cannot be loaded normally and need to be turned on and off manually.

 

I made a question video

Seems to be working ok from here but we'll take a look. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SmileFlower
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Seems to be working ok from here but we'll take a look. Thanks.

I choose Chinese by default. It can be seen from the video that the language subtitles I set are not loaded. I need to turn them on and off again to load Chinese subtitles correctly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, SoralShiro said:

I choose Chinese by default. It can be seen from the video that the language subtitles I set are not loaded. I need to turn them on and off again to load Chinese subtitles correctly

@generiq are you able to reproduce?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you try the test build that was mentioned earlier in this topic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SmileFlower
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you try the test build that was mentioned earlier in this topic?

The test version still cannot load SRT. You need to manually turn off and enable subtitles to display normally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SoralShiro said:

The test version still cannot load SRT. You need to manually turn off and enable subtitles to display normally

When did you download the test build?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try downloading the test build again and see if that helps. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SmileFlower
On 9/23/2021 at 5:11 AM, Luke said:

Try downloading the test build again and see if that helps. Thanks.

I try to download the latest beta version from here, but there is still a problem with subtitles. I need to turn subtitles on and off again to load my language

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77rxtiuexrsnlf9/emby-theater.zip?dl=0

 

You can download my video samples for testing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8FKhGPIviEya0cIGVAilg9emGhTZPMl?usp=sharing

 

The external subtitle language is Chinese, but it cannot be loaded when there are multiple languages You need to manually close and open subtitles every time to load my language normally

 

QQ截图20210923095018.png

Edited by SmileFlower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...