Subtitles not showing on Emby Theater for Desktop, but showing on Emby Theater from the Store

aenon83
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

SmileFlower
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are you testing on brand new media never played back before?

It's normal for me to use emby for Android

Happy2Play

Hmm didn't post earlier as forum went offline.

The odd part is when I test the files you provided with Chinese setting it loads that file.  Where your screenshot shows the file selected but not displaying that files.

But currently my desktop ET is giving me no osd so I can't get stats to show.  Will have to do some more testing later.

SmileFlower
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The odd part is when I test the files you provided with Chinese setting it loads that file.  Where your screenshot shows the file selected but not displaying that files.

But currently my desktop ET is giving me no osd so I can't get stats to show.  Will have to do some more testing later.

Thank you. You can use the video samples I provided

SmileFlower
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have also encountered situations without OSD. My processing method is to manually switch to libmpv

Happy2Play
37 minutes ago, SmileFlower said:

I have also encountered situations without OSD. My processing method is to manually switch to libmpv

Thanks changes and I get this

image.thumb.png.919e18c6c582f47e2dc8113eb8fb4a4e.png

SmileFlower
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Thanks changes and I get this

image.thumb.png.919e18c6c582f47e2dc8113eb8fb4a4e.png

I looked at it. You only added one episode. Try adding a few files

S01E01.mkv

S01E01.zh

S01E02.mkv

S01E02.zh

S01E03.mkv

S01E03.zh

Then try clicking to play the next episode There will be the same problem as me. You need to manually close the subtitle and select the subtitle

Edited by SmileFlower

This works fine for me. It chooses the Chinese Traditional sub everything time for me (I didn't rename files for simplified).
So like @Happy2Play everything is working as expected based on our settings.

Do you have a few minutes available that we could do a remote session and go over this with you and test it on your system?
If so send me a PM and I'll provide instructions.

Thanks,
Carlo

SmileFlower
41 minutes ago, cayars said:

This works fine for me. It chooses the Chinese Traditional sub everything time for me (I didn't rename files for simplified).
So like @Happy2Play everything is working as expected based on our settings.

Do you have a few minutes available that we could do a remote session and go over this with you and test it on your system?
If so send me a PM and I'll provide instructions.

Thanks,
Carlo

You set the default language to simplified Chinese, and then it is loaded normally at the beginning, but after you click the next episode, it will not be simplified Chinese

For me each episode played automatically after the first DOES get the proper subtitle.
It's working correctly for me.

You need to be careful in testing this as any videos you've tested can only be used one time with your settings as you save them.
I intentionally turned off saving this info for my testing and also created a brand new library with different file names just to make sure my system has never saw the files before.

19 hours ago, SmileFlower said:

Otherwise, make a script to close subtitles and open subtitles once during playback

Do you understand @cayars's explanation above?

SmileFlower
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you understand @cayars's explanation above?

In the sample video I provided, you need to manually turn off the subtitles before you can load my language subtitles normally

What I was pointing out is that you can't use the same videos more than one time testing like this with your current settings.
Every test needs to be done on unplayed media because you will save the settings (good or bad) with each test.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:30 PM, SmileFlower said:

In the sample video I provided, you need to manually turn off the subtitles before you can load my language subtitles normally

Can you perhaps come up with an exact list of steps to reproduce? As we're struggling to find any issue here. Thanks.

SmileFlower
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you perhaps come up with an exact list of steps to reproduce? As we're struggling to find any issue here. Thanks.

Step 1:Use the sample video I provided

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8FKhGPIviEya0cIGVAilg9emGhTZPMl?usp=sharing

Step 2:This is my media library structure

0.png.dc727ed96c2d1b4be6770b7f190527e5.png

Step 3:

1.thumb.png.5d43db202bd5f5186ff945ed75536a28.png

Step 4:

2.thumb.png.11779ac41127cf1a076064657c188a30.png

Step 5:

3.thumb.png.198ad8787a92aae458149e69a9ad9fd0.png

Step 6:

4.thumb.png.0df2484a0721ab37530e0356ce31f04a.png

Step 7:

5.thumb.png.4816769a13b05552425374cd8bcaaf32.png

Step 8:

6.thumb.png.37d86d2f896dc1bbd95527414d606475.png

Step 9:

7.thumb.png.15a3d1f477deba8b6217700a29554e3a.png

Step 10:

8.thumb.png.b42f38cf3e80b2316308b6294121920b.png

The above is the problem reproduction process. I also recorded a video earlier

This is the same thing I previously tested but I'm happy to retest, how I do not think this work work as is.

The subtitle files are presently named zh.srt which I don't think will work as it get interpreted as Traditional Chinese.

This actually what they should be:
zh_CN (Simplified Chinese - China)
zh_HK (Traditional Chinese - Hong Kong)
zh_TW (Traditional Chinese - Taiwan)

when I rename each of the subs to zh.CN.srt this works fine for me.  If I leave the srt as named it will not work as Emby sees them as Traditional.

In order to retest you need to use another series as your settings will remember how it was played so any further testing on the same files is invalid.

SmileFlower

There is no such problem on Android client, web client and TV client,At present, only emby theater has this subtitle problem

4 hours ago, SmileFlower said:

Even if I change s01e01.zh.srt to s01e01.zh-cn.srt, it will not work normally

ORW(XB%}ZE51}9GPAHMH83N.png

That's not a good test.  As has been said many times before.  You have to test on a new file with you settings as you are storing the subtitle used.

I've now tested this two different times with the same outcome.  Rename the sub files or change to using Chinese Traditional on Theater.

SmileFlower
4 hours ago, cayars said:

That's not a good test.  As has been said many times before.  You have to test on a new file with you settings as you are storing the subtitle used.

I've now tested this two different times with the same outcome.  Rename the sub files or change to using Chinese Traditional on Theater.

I fed back the problem and recorded the video. It depends on your mood whether it is repaired or not