Subtitles not showing on Emby Theater for Desktop, but showing on Emby Theater from the Store

aenon83
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

SmileFlower

I use simplified Chinese. I don't know why I want to change it to traditional Chinese? Where do other users know this? As I said earlier, there is no such problem on the mobile terminal, TV terminal and Web terminal

SmileFlower
4 hours ago, cayars said:

That's not a good test.  As has been said many times before.  You have to test on a new file with you settings as you are storing the subtitle used.

I've now tested this two different times with the same outcome.  Rename the sub files or change to using Chinese Traditional on Theater.

I hope you can record a video for me to see

Happy2Play

Okay playing via next item I can somewhat reproduce.  SRT will play every time when playing a item, but clicking "next item" does not load the subtitle for me so no subtitle is presented even though the selector shows srt is selected.  (used the 4 files/srts shared in this topic)

Subtitles options same as posted here "Remember subtitle track selections" disabled.

Steps

Open a series and click play on episode 1, advance thru episode you see selected subtitle

Click next item button

This advances to episode 2

subtitles show srt is selected but no subtitles shown

Click next item button

advances to next item, same issue.

Reproduced these steps in Web Client and srt played with each selections of Next Item.

Auto play next did the same.

@cayars@Luke

@Happy2Play in the config did you use simplified to traditional?
If you used simplified would you mind testing again just to know the outcome using traditional?

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, cayars said:

@Happy2Play in the config did you use simplified to traditional?
If you used simplified would you mind testing again just to know the outcome using traditional?

I don't really know what is going on as yesterday all of these episode transcoded and to they all direct play.  But testing force transcoding reproduces the issue.

But looking at logs shows ContainerBitrateExceedsLimit so must have rest Playback quality.

So from a Direct Play standpoint I had no issue using Simplified or Traditional.

From a transcode standpoint both Simplified and Traditional failed to play subs when clicking Next Item or auto play Next.

But Clicking play per itemdetails played correct subtitles.

I am not seeing the issue with Direct Play as the OP is, I am seeing it from a transcode standpoint though.

• Like 1

I'll try testing with forced transcode as well.  I didn't do that at all before.