Jump to content

Emby next gen


quickmic
Go to solution Solved by Nosepull,

Recommended Posts

MrSatchmoo

Strangely I cannot save my server and login data in emby next gen. I have to put it in every time I start Kodi. furthermore I can't sync my music database.

Is there a config file to put in my credentials manually? Sorry, if this is a stupid question...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

This sounds you are using Kodi with python version 3.9.

Currently I'm working on a bugfix.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BaukeZwart
23 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Did you do a clean install of Kodi or like me (update Kodi, breaking E4K in the process, finding out here about emby-next-gen, local database reset, and having to add all libraries back)

I did a clean Kodi Matrix install and also it's a new Emby server install.
The problem I'm currently having is that after a Metadata refresh I'm losing things like backdrop and release year, and I always end up with double cast thumbs after a refresh.

The only way I found to fix this double cast thumb issue is to do a clean library in Kodi followed by a db reset in the E4K plugin.
I think the issue is caused by running tmm regularly to update the IMDB ratings. Although both Emby and tmm claim to be following the Kodi NFO setting they seem to conflict in certain areas. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CharleyVarrick

You might be on to something about tmm, as it might add a variable to the equation.

I wish I could help you myself but I'm sure someone knows about this and will chime in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ulrick65

I this still located in the Beta Repository (which is where I installed it from) or should I be upgrading to something different in the main repository?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ulrick65 said:

I this still located in the Beta Repository (which is where I installed it from) or should I be upgrading to something different in the main repository?

beta is fine, stable has an older version.

edit:

comment removed, wrong topic

 

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CharleyVarrick

Kodi 19 upgrade was unstable and sluggish, so I uninstalled Kodi in order to start with a fresh install

Having issue reinstalling e4k

I will start a new thread

 

 

Edited by CharleyVarrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrSatchmoo
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

This sounds you are using Kodi with python version 3.9.

Currently I'm working on a bugfix.

Hey, thank you for your efforts! I can confirm that I'm running Kodi with python version 3.9 (on arch linux). So, should I try to downgrade or just wait for a while?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
1 hour ago, Nosepull said:

Is this plugin playing well with other Kodi plugins? I'm coming (back) from Jellyfin, and here there were lots of problems because of the way the plugin takes over the Kodi library, i.e. https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/issues/888.

Can you elaborate.

The Kodi settings "Update library on startup" triggers the db wipe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
22 hours ago, MrSatchmoo said:

Hey, thank you for your efforts! I can confirm that I'm running Kodi with python version 3.9 (on arch linux). So, should I try to downgrade or just wait for a while?

You can try this version: BE AWARE THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nosepull
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you elaborate.

The Kodi settings "Update library on startup" triggers the db wipe?

Basically the problem is that Emby for Kodi takes over the Kodi library (in a way, according to the mentioned thread, which is frowned upon by the Kodi devs). It populates the library with entries that are not really present on harddisk, leading to the problem that other Kodi plugins  might get confused. Especially these fake entries tend to get deleted by library cleanups, which e.g. the Kodi Netflix plugin does occasionally to keep in sync with the Netflix account.

At least that is how I understood the situation a few months ago, with Jellyfin. I haven't followed the further development. Now that I switched back to Emby, I'm interested if the problem has been solved here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Nosepull said:

Basically the problem is that Emby for Kodi takes over the Kodi library (in a way, according to the mentioned thread, which is frowned upon by the Kodi devs). It populates the library with entries that are not really present on harddisk, leading to the problem that other Kodi plugins  might get confused. Especially these fake entries tend to get deleted by library cleanups, which e.g. the Kodi Netflix plugin does occasionally to keep in sync with the Netflix account.

At least that is how I understood the situation a few months ago, with Jellyfin. I haven't followed the further development. Now that I switched back to Emby, I'm interested if the problem has been solved here.

Well, I think you have to try it out. I've tested the Kodi native lib update function, no issues here. Of course if you trigger a native Kodi library clean it will also wipe the Emby records.

fyi, emby-next-gen has a complete different database structure. I would we very surprised, if there are any issues.

I also performed mixed content tests (Kodi native content and Emby content). Also I tested strm-file content from Emby server AND strm-Kodi-plugin content supported via Emby server.

Also netflix content was tested with emby-next-gen plugin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

peffe

Hi,

I switched from Emby for Kodi to emby-next-gen recently. I'm still on Kodi 18.9. Now there's an issue with syncing or saving the playback progress for videos.

When I stop playback it seems the progress of the video is shown correctly on the Kodi UI, but when I restart Kodi it's set back to an earlier point or even not set at all for the video.

Apart from this I have no issues so far. Thank you for your effort.

Edited by peffe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

instantsunrise

Does Emby-next-gen work with Kodi’s Extras plug-in in add-on mode?

previously, Emby For Kodi would only work the extras plug-in in native mode, which would lock out the additional features of addon mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)

Can you please send me a link to "extras plug-in". I'm not familiar with that plugin.

 

General info:

If external plugins uses native path queries, native mode is required BUT:

There are only very few plugin which actually requires native paths. Most external plugins queries info from Kodi.db (filenames).

The old e4k plugin had complete different filenames (strms) which prevents external plugins to detect proper information. Is is no longer an issue due to database redesign in next-gen.

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ulrick65
54 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just had a quick look at this plugin. Seems this plugin requires native paths. Anyway, I think you can cover it by tagging it as "specials" on Emby server.

That should do the job in a very similar way.

e.g. https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

 

 

 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

I use Specials in this manner in Add On Mode and it works great.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RaptorCentauri
6 hours ago, ulrick65 said:

I use Specials in this manner in Add On Mode and it works great.

Unfortunately this is strictly for tv shows. It also does not separate special episodes from bonus features 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MadWolf

Is it possible to add more widgets to emby-next-gen? 
For example there are only basic widgets for series, I have to use embycon's in progress episodes widget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
12 hours ago, MadWolf said:

Is it possible to add more widgets to emby-next-gen? 
For example there are only basic widgets for series, I have to use embycon's in progress episodes widget.

Yes is possible. Not sure if progress episodes isn't already available. I'll check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheDarkCornerInYourBrain

I can confirm the music sync problem too.. Thanks for working on the fix! I am idiot and should have searched the forum 3 days ago.. Wasted 10+ hours on this issue which is driving me mad, thought my server is the problem and was just about to redo it and Kodi too. ;)

Will wait for your annoucement here quickmic, thanks again for saving my sanity! .)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...