Subtitles not on HDMI connected screen

Freshman

Freshman

Hello. Some time ago a new update for Emby Android App appeared on Play Store and there was mention (changelog) of a new internal player library being used (ExoPlayer?). From that version forward (tested all updates released after) I am unable to see subtitles on an external screen.

I have Samsung Galaxy S10e with USB-C->HDMI cable and I am using it occasionally for watching movies on an external screen (TV/monitor) using Emby App. I am using this "method" for a few years, never had any issue, subtitles were shown on the external screen as expected. But currently, I see a movie on an external screen and subtitles on phones display, which is useless.

When setting "use external player" in Emby App and using, for example, VLC, everything is fine with video and subtitles on external screen, but that is a rather ugly workaround with its own issues.

I have downgraded to pre-ExoPlayer version of Emby App for now and everything is working well again, but I don't want to be stuck on the old version forever.

Could this use-case be fixed, please? I can provide any further information or testing if necessary.

Thanks

Edited by Freshman
typos

Freshman

Thank you. I was planning to provide the requested details, but haven't got to it yet. Thank you for fixing the issue faster than I was able to report it properly :) I will check the new app as soon as it is available.

• Like 1