Emby doesn't detects hard drive

davidftwld

davidftwld

Hi! I've recently installed Emby on Linux Mint Ulyana (Cinnamon), and there is an issue that i need to resolve. I have all my media (Series & Movies) in an intern secondary hard drive. This hard drive is mounted on /media/user/Multimedia. The problem is that when I try to add a library on Emby, pointing where the hard drive is mounted, it sais "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again." I tried changing all permissions but nothing happened. I also tried to give the emby user the ownership, but it stills not detecting it.

I wait you can help me and thanks in advance.😀

Here are some screenshots, if they can help you:

-https://imgur.com/qM1nmHz

-https://imgur.com/lvQABZq

-https://imgur.com/27ACbQ8

(Sorry if my English is not very good, I'm spanish so english is not my first language!)

mark-in-dallas

Open a terminal and type in groups.  If the emby account is not listed in the results then type in this command: sudo usermod -a -G ordenadorviejo emby then try to add a library again.  If the emby account was listed under groups, then navigate to the ordenadorviejo directory and enter ls -l again and post the results for that directory as well.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

davidftwld

I tried the first option, because emby wasn't llistes, then i wrote the command usermod -a - G user emby, but It still doesn't work!

mark-in-dallas

Okay, open the terminal again and type in groups, to make sure that emby is now listed.  And if it is, then navigate to media  and type in ls -l and post the results. Then go to media/ordenadorviejo and again type in ls -l and post those results.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

davidftwld

Hey! I solved the problem, it was stupid: /media/user/Multimedia had its permissions on 777, meanwhile /media/user/ had its permissions on 700. Thank you so much! When I saw your last comment about typing ls -l on th media folder, I had the idea to do that.

Thank you very very much.😄

Edited by davidftwld

• 3 weeks later...
Peter Merck

I'm having a similar problem. I had to install Emby after I had a hard drive crash. I have a new SSD drive where Emby is installed and my media files are still on the separate internal 4t hard drive. The 4t drive does not show up when trying to create a library. Any suggestions?

mark-in-dallas

Check to see what usergroup your hard drive, directories and files are assigned to and make sure that the emby user has access to that group.  

mark-in-dallas

Open a terminal and navigate to the media directory, or wherever you have the hard drive with the media mounted and type in: ls -l then post the results here.  Additionally in a terminal type in: groups emby  and post those results.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

Peter,  It would be way to hard to try to walk you though the most basic commands in trying to figure out how your system is setup and what needs to be changed.  If you have a Desktop Interface installed and want to setup a time to do a team viewer session , I am happy to do that for you, and can probably get Emby working pretty quickly for you, 

Peter Merck

That's a good idea. I'm using Mint interface. Do I need to download anything for team viewer? I'm familiar with it on Windows. I'm available most of the day, just need a time that's convenient for you. I've tried to find a good beginners book on Linux.