Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support


quickmic

Recommended Posts

quickmic
3 hours ago, Mister D said:

Most recent examples for me were I Dream of Jeannie and 3rd Rock From the Sun. I had some old .avi versions that I replaced with higher resolution .mkv versions and in both cases, both sets of episodes would show in Kodi. This would also affect the Continue Watching and Up Next widgets where the old version of an episode would show up and fail to play back because the file no longer exists in my Emby library. If I tried deleting the show from the Kodi library it would be deleted but it would never get re-added with a sync so I would then have to run either the Update or Repair library function which takes a while since I have a little over 1300 TV shows.

I tested this "simple" case and it's fine.

Seems it depends on circumstances. Kodi on or off, Kodi was playing (if on) or not, were metadata modified on Emby server, was it a single episode replacement or multiple episodes replaces, was the episode folder renamed or its metadata changed, was the season info updated as well, was the tvshow modified...

I need really exact details, currently I cannot reproduce this issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

Update:

6.2.15 merged from beta into stable

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister D
On 4/17/2022 at 1:02 AM, quickmic said:

I tested this "simple" case and it's fine.

Seems it depends on circumstances. Kodi on or off, Kodi was playing (if on) or not, were metadata modified on Emby server, was it a single episode replacement or multiple episodes replaces, was the episode folder renamed or its metadata changed, was the season info updated as well, was the tvshow modified...

I need really exact details, currently I cannot reproduce this issue.

If I replace the entire series, this issue occurs. I use Tiny Media Manager to manage my metadata. So when I replace a show, I usually copy the new files to a different folder and then copy and paste all of the series metadata from the old folder to the new one. I then use TMM to update the series and rewrite the .NFO files and select any new artwork. 

Emby would then show the updated show with all the corresponding metadata and images as expected. Emby NextGen does this for my movies but seems to have a problem when an entire TV series is replaced. Kodi is usually off when this is happening as I have 3 setups that I use. However,  even when Kodi is on, it just adds the new series episodes to the old instance of the show and also keeps the old episodes. 

Edited by Mister D
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mister D said:

If I replace the entire series, this issue occurs. I use Tiny Media Manager to manage my metadata. So when I replace a show, I usually copy the new files to a different folder and then copy and paste all of the series metadata from the old folder to the new one. I then use TMM to update the series and rewrite the .NFO files and select any new artwork. 

Emby would then show the updated show with all the corresponding metadata and images as expected. Emby NextGen does this for my movies but seems to have a problem when an entire TV series is replaced. Kodi is usually off when this is happening as I have 3 setups that I use. However,  even when Kodi is on, it just adds the new series episodes to the old instance of the show and also keeps the old episodes. 

This new folder, is it inside Emby libraries? I mean will it be detected by Emby or is it just a temporary folder? Do you have realtime monitoring enabled in Emby?

If both is the case, I can imagine what happens. You have a duplicate episode at one point. Emby server will detect that -> realtime monitoring. Then you remove the old episodes -> Emby server removes them as well.

At this point all those ops are in Kodi sync queue. Kodi will also add/sync the duplicates but the removal seems not to be enforced. I'll check it, maybe I can reproduce the issue.

 

btw, TVshow sync works a bit differently than movies. If an episode was removed, the plugin also checks is the season is empty after removal (no more episodes assigned to season which could happen, if this was the only episode assigned to a season). Same for TVShows if season is empty.

This could be the reason, why it works for movies but not for TVShows.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister D
On 4/22/2022 at 12:42 AM, quickmic said:

This new folder, is it inside Emby libraries? I mean will it be detected by Emby or is it just a temporary folder? Do you have realtime monitoring enabled in Emby?

If both is the case, I can imagine what happens. You have a duplicate episode at one point. Emby server will detect that -> realtime monitoring. Then you remove the old episodes -> Emby server removes them as well.

At this point all those ops are in Kodi sync queue. Kodi will also add/sync the duplicates but the removal seems not to be enforced. I'll check it, maybe I can reproduce the issue.

 

btw, TVshow sync works a bit differently than movies. If an episode was removed, the plugin also checks is the season is empty after removal (no more episodes assigned to season which could happen, if this was the only episode assigned to a season). Same for TVShows if season is empty.

This could be the reason, why it works for movies but not for TVShows.

 

Yes, it is in the Emby libraries as the updated series shows up in Emby correctly with the old version being removed automatically. Since the episodes within the seasons are being replaced with new ones that could be the reason the sync does not work correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I am not 7.x.x however, the doesn't seem to relate to Kodi, but I dont no why I am not able to play a movie ATL and suggestion

https://paste.kodi.tv/hebakiduzi

 

2022-04-25 22:12:02.759 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStarted ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.776 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411048/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411048/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CFileCache::XFILE::CFileCache::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv> failed to open
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-04-25 22:12:02.855 T:8252     INFO <general>: Deleting settings information for files http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:02.865 T:4672     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-04-25 22:12:02.866 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-04-25 22:12:02.866 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2022-04-25 22:12:02.963 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStopped ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.963 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: --<[ playback ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.350 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411068/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411068/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.448 T:4672    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.449 T:9600     INFO <general>: Creating InputStream
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84796/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84796/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.486 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStarted ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.519 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb842932/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb842932/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CFileCache::XFILE::CFileCache::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv> failed to open
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-04-25 22:12:07.590 T:256      INFO <general>: Deleting settings information for files http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2022-04-25 22:12:07.687 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStopped ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.687 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: --<[ playback ]
2022-04-25 22:12:17.904 T:11028    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, I am not 7.x.x however, the doesn't seem to relate to Kodi, but I dont no why I am not able to play a movie ATL and suggestion

https://paste.kodi.tv/hebakiduzi

 

2022-04-25 22:12:02.759 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStarted ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.776 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411048/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.778 T:11048    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411048/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CFileCache::XFILE::CFileCache::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv> failed to open
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364    ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.849 T:6364     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-04-25 22:12:02.855 T:8252     INFO <general>: Deleting settings information for files http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:02.865 T:4672     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-04-25 22:12:02.866 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-04-25 22:12:02.866 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2022-04-25 22:12:02.963 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStopped ]
2022-04-25 22:12:02.963 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: --<[ playback ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.350 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411068/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.373 T:11068    INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb8411068/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.448 T:4672    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.449 T:9600     INFO <general>: Creating InputStream
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84796/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.451 T:796      INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84796/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.486 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStarted ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.519 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---> DBOpenRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb842932/1/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ Queue playing item ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.521 T:2932     INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRO: b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb842932/0/http_Query
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv:
                                                   
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CFileCache::XFILE::CFileCache::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv> failed to open
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600    ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.585 T:9600     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-04-25 22:12:07.590 T:256      INFO <general>: Deleting settings information for files http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/m-b0a7c670b4fb47c28fd0b58ff443eb84-522761-ca737dd098316bdb1733b00d2f5fb763-538-538-10630170-0-1-h264-ATL__2006_.mkv
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-04-25 22:12:07.597 T:4672     INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2022-04-25 22:12:07.687 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ onPlayBackStopped ]
2022-04-25 22:12:07.687 T:1392     INFO <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: --<[ playback ]
2022-04-25 22:12:17.904 T:11028    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.

 

 

 

 

That's curl issue, Kodi uses to play http streams. -> Error 22/404

Please send me a debug log via PM for review. Don't post it here, confidential data are included in debug logs.

Currently I assume, the actual Emby server stream URL is correct, but points to an invalid link.

 

Seems, you are using a 7.x database with 6.x version.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

t123thomas
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

That's curl issue, Kodi uses to play http streams. -> Error 22/404

Please send me a debug log via PM for review. Don't post it here, confidential data are included in debug logs.

Currently I assume, the actual Emby server stream URL is correct, but points to an invalid link.

 

Seems, you are using a 7.x database with 6.x version.

Apology i am on 7,v  what seem to be the issue why I could not play the movie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
16 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Apology i am on 7,v  what seem to be the issue why I could not play the movie?

continue in the 7.x thread...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimbobjones

@quickmic

was streaming some baseball during the day and then left the kodi box on.

Later on, I added some tv/movies to Emby, but when I go to kodi, the items had black posters, and a few episodes were also missing. It's lost it's connection to Emby, nothing is playable (Emby is always running and was never down during this time).

Errors start around 18:48

 

This happened the other day too, I just rebooted which "fixed" everything, like I am going to do now. But it isn't ideal.

 

Have also included the newer kodi.log after rebooting.

 

edit: Two shows that were added to Emby that has 4 episodes in one, and two in the other, are totally missing and haven't been imported, so I am going to need to rebuild the database.

kodi.log

kodi-after-rebooting.log

Edited by jimbobjones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimbobjones

also, it never used to do this years ago, but I just did a database reset, choosing to keep the emby addon settings the same.

After resetting and rebooting, it says Welcome my-username at the top so it's connecting to Emby, but there's no populating of the tv/movies. Rebooted again, same deal. So now I probably have to go into the emby addon and click 'connect to server' and enter my credentials again to get it to work, even though I can see that it is connecting as my username.  Had to do this before on emby-nextgen as well.

edit: yep, had to do that again, to get it to work. database reset used to be so painless, now not that painless.

Edited by jimbobjones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
4 hours ago, jimbobjones said:

@quickmic

was streaming some baseball during the day and then left the kodi box on.

Later on, I added some tv/movies to Emby, but when I go to kodi, the items had black posters, and a few episodes were also missing. It's lost it's connection to Emby, nothing is playable (Emby is always running and was never down during this time).

Errors start around 18:48

 

This happened the other day too, I just rebooted which "fixed" everything, like I am going to do now. But it isn't ideal.

 

Have also included the newer kodi.log after rebooting.

 

edit: Two shows that were added to Emby that has 4 episodes in one, and two in the other, are totally missing and haven't been imported, so I am going to need to rebuild the database.

kodi.log 159.41 kB · 0 downloads

kodi-after-rebooting.log 70.19 kB · 0 downloads

At 18:48, Kodi work up from sleep.

Probably this is related to the issue. continuing kodi log review....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weevillo

Will I be able to run version 6 on Matrix 19.4 for my Android TV? The Github stated only up to Leia but I don't know how up to date that information is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Will I be able to run version 6 on Matrix 19.4 for my Android TV? The Github stated only up to Leia but I don't know how up to date that information is.

Yes, 6.x supports Matrix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weevillo
39 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, 6.x supports Matrix.

Thanks for the fast response😃

I've been lurking in the 7.x.x thread and was wondering if the new version is stable enough and have some improvements that makes it worth going with that one in instead of 6.x?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Thanks for the fast response😃

I've been lurking in the 7.x.x thread and was wondering if the new version is stable enough and have some improvements that makes it worth going with that one in instead of 6.x?

Well, 7.x doesn't support Leia, only Matrix and above. 7.x shouldn't have any major bugs, but if you are looking for stability, use 6.x.

For 7.x I recommend a test on a PC/Laptop before you install it on you productive Kodi box.

Also 7.x is only available via sideload from public testing.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

have some improvements that makes it worth going with that one in instead of 6.x?

Major improvements are for music content, but there are also countless minor improvements for syncing, Emby server connection etc.

Also every bug reported in 6.x. will be firstly fixed in 7.x and after that backported to 6.x beta (if possible).

Some reported fixes needs major code rewriting. Those will not be backported.

6.x. is very very well tested, but some edge case issues are still present.

 

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weevillo
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Well, 7.x doesn't support Leia, only Matrix and above. 7.x shouldn't have any major bugs, but if you are looking for stability, use 6.x.

For 7.x I recommend a test on a PC/Laptop before you install it on you productive Kodi box.

Also 7.x is only available via sideload from public testing.

 

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Major improvements are for music content, but there are also countless minor improvements for syncing, Emby server connection etc.

Also every bug reported in 6.x. will be firstly fixed in 7.x and after that backported to 6.x beta (if possible).

Some reported fixes needs major code rewriting. Those will not be backported.

6.x. is very very well tested, but some edge case issues are still present.

 

So there aren't really any downsides to adopting 7.x except for perhaps weaker stability in some areas, if I've understood it correctly? I'm mostly doing video streams so music doesn't affect me, but the improved syncing and fixes seems like a feasible reason for upgrading. Though was wondering: Is the 7.x able to auto update through Kodi in it's current state? Or do you push those updates to github/this site only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

 

So there aren't really any downsides to adopting 7.x except for perhaps weaker stability in some areas, if I've understood it correctly? I'm mostly doing video streams so music doesn't affect me, but the improved syncing and fixes seems like a feasible reason for upgrading. Though was wondering: Is the 7.x able to auto update through Kodi in it's current state? Or do you push those updates to github/this site only?

There are no auto updates at the moment, anyway also no need to load from git. Actually it's not even available in git only from sideload.

If you have any next-gen version installed, just select addons -> "install from zip" and select the kodi.emby.media -> public testing.

Keep in mind: YOU CANNOT SWITCH BETWEEN 6.x and 7.x without a Kodi DB reset!

Just try, it's up to you what you prefer at the moment. As mentioned, 7.x is still under development and gets constant improvements/fixes.

6.x. is the stable branch.

 

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weevillo
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

There are no auto updates at the moment, anyway also no need to load from git. Actually it's not even available in git only from sideload.

If you have any next-gen version installed, just select addons -> "install from zip" and select the kodi.emby.media -> public testing.

Keep in mind: YOU CANNOT SWITCH BETWEEN 6.x and 7.x without a Kodi DB reset!

Just try, it's up to you what you prefer at the moment. As mentioned, 7.x is still under development and gets constant improvements/fixes.

6.x. is the stable branch.

 

 

I see, thanks. Though I'm actually not a user of either of those addons, that's why I'm contemplating which one to choose. I used Jellyfin for Kodi before (did a reinstall of the ATV Kodi app) so is it a similar process of adding a repository and then I'll find the 7.x under public testing? (I know it's basically what just just instructed me to do but just wanted to be sure).

Edited by Weevillo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
7reddevil11
Posted (edited)

hi im using 6.2.15 version and found a problem  all my movies and tv shows with external Ass subtitles wont work.  i cant see them when i play my videos.  and ass subtitles are not in  subtitles choice list to choose

Edited by 7reddevil11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
2 hours ago, 7reddevil11 said:

hi im using 6.2.15 version and found a problem  all my movies and tv shows with external Ass subtitles wont work.  i cant see them when i play my videos.  and ass subtitles are not in  subtitles choice list to choose

Which mode? Addon or native, also did you use transcoding?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7reddevil11
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Which mode? Addon or native, also did you use transcoding?

addon  mode

no   transcoding      

and the kodi 19.4    coreelec 19.4 with same problem   

Edited by 7reddevil11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...