embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

bozrdnag

I am running build 156 on a Shield that doesn't sleep (always on) and I am still having problems where it stops syncing new content to the Shield.  If I watch something on the Shield it seems to get synced back to Emby as things get marked as watched or show in progress when I go into the Emby webui.  But I have to exit and restart Kodi to get new content synced to it.

Right now I have a new episode that downloaded last night and is showing on Emby, but not Kodi.  Do you want the log from Kodi as it is now without the sync?  Or do you want the log after a sync finds said episode.

BaukeZwart
14 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I am running build 156 on a Shield that doesn't sleep (always on) and I am still having problems where it stops syncing new content to the Shield.  If I watch something on the Shield it seems to get synced back to Emby as things get marked as watched or show in progress when I go into the Emby webui.  But I have to exit and restart Kodi to get new content synced to it.

Right now I have a new episode that downloaded last night and is showing on Emby, but not Kodi.  Do you want the log from Kodi as it is now without the sync?  Or do you want the log after a sync finds said episode.

I know it won't fix your issue but I'm also running Kodi on a Shield that's on 24/7 and E4K build 156.

I added a new show about 24h ago and during that time 100+ episodes where downloaded and nicely synced with Kodi. No Kodi restart needed.  Almost immediately afther a new episode appeared in Emby it also shows in Kodi. 

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic
22 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Yes please send me a log when it happens again.

bozrdnag

But when do you want the log?  Before it finds the episode, or after?  I've left it in it's current state where it has not synced the new episode in case you want that log.

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

As another test, I was on the Emby webui and finished playing an in progress episode and it did sync over to Kodi but still the new episode didn't sync.  So it doesn't seem to be totally failing to sync in one direction like I thought.

BaukeZwart
9 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

But when do you want the log?  Before it finds the episode, or after?  I've left it in it's current state where it has not synced the new episode in case you want that log.

Why not pull a log in the current not synced state, reboot Kodi and pull a second log after Kodi is synced and send them both. That way @quickmiccan check and compare both. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ulrick65
15 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I would send one from now when not syncing and then restart and send the other one.  I have the same setup as you and had that same problem... But now has been working fine since the current build.

Edited by ulrick65

ulrick65
4 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Why not pull a log in the current not synced state, reboot Kodi and pull a second log after Kodi is synced and send them both. That way @quickmiccan check and compare both. 

Lol...you beat me to it!  😁

• Haha 1

bozrdnag

Well now it turns out that it didn't find the new episodes even on a restart.  I can see 3 shows (Blue Bloods, B Positive and Clarice) that have new episodes that haven't synced to Kodi.

1.log is before the restart.  2.log is after.

2.log 1.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, bozrdnag said:

Well now it turns out that it didn't find the new episodes even on a restart.  I can see 3 shows (Blue Bloods, B Positive and Clarice) that have new episodes that haven't synced to Kodi.

1.log is before the restart.  2.log is after.

2.log 188.67 kB · 0 downloads 1.log 406.35 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I'll review it asap.

I'm still working on nodes. It's a toughy

• Like 1

t123thomas
7 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I know it won't fix your issue but I'm also running Kodi on a Shield that's on 24/7 and E4K build 156.

I added a new show about 24h ago and during that time 100+ episodes where downloaded and nicely synced with Kodi. No Kodi restart needed.  Almost immediately afther a new episode appeared in Emby it also shows in Kodi. 

Attached is the log report

kodi.log

quickmic

New experimental version available.

If you wanna perform a complete nodes test, you must manually delete the old ones.

Delete the complete content of /home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/library/*

BE CAREFUL, DELETE OLD NODES WILL REQUIRE CUSTOM SKIN RECONFIGURATION, if you are using the old nodes!

You can also keep the old nodes, they still should be functional. 

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

ulrick65
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available.

If you wanna perform a complete nodes test, you must manually delete the old ones.

Delete the complete content of /home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/library/*

BE CAREFUL, DELETE OLD NODES WILL REQUIRE CUSTOM SKIN RECONFIGURATION, if you are using the old nodes!

You can also keep the old nodes, they still should be functional. 

Thanks @quickmic - Can you explain what you mean by "Complete Nodes Test"?  Is that required to do, or just installing the new version over the old is sufficient?

Thanks.

quickmic

No, not required. New nodes/design are already used via plugin menu. If you wanna use the new nodes also for a custom skin, it's required to mod the skin.

Deleting  the old nodes just makes it more transparent. The selection of nodes (while skin mod) were really confusing, even for me.

The new ones are labeled unambiguous, have proper icons and also prepared for multi server support.

Also music nodes are completely rewritten.

btw, Dynamic nodes are next on my list

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
24 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

New install on Apple TV 4K.

plugin install but as soon as it finish install gives error.

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ivikamizog

This issue seems to be related to the issue t123thomas reported.

The plugin tried to open this file:

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/A5FD2353-0A62-47D8-B783-E5B5CE2460B8/Library/Caches/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

Does this file exist?

BaukeZwart

@quickmici don't see anything in the change log related to the Trakt.tv plugin so I presume you didn't had time to look into that issue yet. But just to be sure, is there any point in testing the plugin? I currently don't have it installed but I'm happy to install and test if there is anything changed. 

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmici don't see anything in the change log related to the Trakt.tv plugin so I presume you didn't had time to look into that issue yet. But just to be sure, is there any point in testing the plugin? I currently don't have it installed but I'm happy to install and test if there is anything changed. 

No, Trakt is still on the on the list. I'll investigate soon and I think in next release it will be fixed.

markdj
37 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, Trakt is still on the on the list. I'll investigate soon and I think in next release it will be fixed.

Today I seemed to have fixed it by deleting the second user. I guess it was sending an update to Trakt as well. Will report back if it happens again.

• Thanks 1

BaukeZwart
8 minutes ago, markdj said:

Today I seemed to have fixed it by deleting the second user. I guess it was sending an update to Trakt as well. Will report back if it happens again.

I have only one user and still have the issue.

quickmic

Before I start investigation. Is there a specific/repeatable test case? Would make my tests much easier. 😉

What kind of library, under which circumstances...

Was is a resume of a video or from beginning, was it played before, are multiple boxes (users) access the same file... such things.

BaukeZwart

For me it happened with tv series (not tested with movies), one kodi box and one user. Watched the episodes from start to finish. I might have paused sometimes for a coffee break. The double watched status happened in 80% of the cases. Sometimes only one watched was reported, no clear reason why it was going ok sometimes. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

markdj

Apologies, the problem indeed hasn’t been fixed. My wife watched on the IPad which doesn’t have the issue. Everything I watch shows up twice still, as long as it’s through Kodi.

• Like 1