embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

ok, cause I found a bug. If you add a Library and remove it, the Kodi DB will be cleaned but not removed from Whitelist.

This could cause exactly the issue reported.

I tested several cases, but this the only problem I found so far.

TobyTentakel

My whitelist entries seem to match too. 5 whitelist entries, 5 libraries active in E4K. Still I get updates from other libraries apart from those 5. I have not deleted any libraries manually in the plugin.

Edited by TobyTentakel

feerlessleadr

I noticed today on my main TV running the latest beta that kodi crashed a number of times today during a DB update/incremental sync. I couldn't catch it with a debug log, but I do have the regular kodi log, as well as the crash log of the latest time it crashed. 

I also have crash logs going back to 1/2/2021, which I didn't realize was happening (I only noticed today because it happened when my screensaver was on multiple times in a short-ish time period.

kodi.old.logkodi_crashlog_20210108220759.log

EDIT:: It just happened again as I was writing this message. My screensaver was activated and E4K was syncing, and kodi crashed and restarted. Here is the latest log and crashlog for that. 

kodi.old(secondcrash).log kodi_crashlog_20210108222206.log

Edited by feerlessleadr
crashed again

quickmic

Could be a problem with your screensaver. Before e4k crashed, there is a msg:

ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for /storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg

2021-01-08 22:04:32.066 T:2583233408   ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for /storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg
2021-01-08 22:04:32.074 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> -->[ q:updated/Episode/3276653936 ]
2021-01-08 22:04:32.084 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ERROR:: can't start new thread
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 125, in run
                                                self.service()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/helper/wrapper.py", line 64, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 172, in service
                                                self.worker_userdata()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 317, in worker_userdata
                                                new_thread = UserDataWorker(queue, self, "video", self.database_lock)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 672, in __init__
                                                self.start()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 736, in start
                                            error: can't start new thread
2021-01-08 22:04:32.090 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ---<[ library ]

Not sure if the issues are related, but can you check "/storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg"

same here "/storage/Screensaver/4k/03968_silhouette_3840x2160.jpg"

and "/storage/Screensaver/4k/04025_thehelixnebulasiridescentglory_3840x2160.jpg"

this goes on....

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 1/7/2021 at 6:20 AM, t123thomas said:

@ Quickmic, flowing from our last discussion, I thought it will be best to indicate the issue I saw on the emby-next-gen/Titan as you suggested after making changes to the skin 1080i/includesSkinSettings, Titan was able to recognized the emby-next-gen addon in the shortcut.

What is concerning is that the skin did not Auto populate the submenus of each menu, below is the screen shot of the 5.0.0 which works fine as you will noticed beside each menu there is an  arrow ">" which indicate that there is a submenu

screenshot003.thumb.png.e910873c05d0aef09331607d958b6618.png

Submenu of TV show

screenshot006.thumb.png.9f16f494bf9e6ee130711c8847bd3296.png

In this screen which is pull for 5.1.2 addon you will noticed that it doesn't have the arrow ">" after each menu as such the skin did not populate submenu related to each menu

screenshot007.thumb.png.91492f35bd8d5d7b2bf252f90bf8572e.png

Are there any changes that I need to make to the skin that will allow the skin to recognized the submenu

Thanks

Those files needs patches:

.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/smartshortcuts.py

.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.backgrounds/resources/lib/backgrounds_updater.py

.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.widgets/resources/lib/favourites.py

.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/extrafanart.py

replace  plugin.video.emby  with plugin.video.emby-next-gen

Maybe I can write a script for that.

for me the new plugin is working great. the only problem I have on two clients: after every watched episode the plugin is processing updates in the top right corner. not only from the episode I watched, it seems checking all series.. i don't understand why.

I already wiped the database on both clients, but no change.

TobyTentakel

FYI: I have installed and tested the latest build(s) over the last few days and have been constantly running into lots of problems where Kodi just hangs/crashes, or E4K won't even initialize properly after a reboot and therefore no media files are available for playback. Unfortunately I can't access the Kodi logs at the moment, hopefully I will be able to this soon.

quickmic

New Version available 5.1.4:

You can load from here, or wait till repo is synced.
http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.1.4.zip

Fixes:
SRT subtitle labels
kodi native plugin fixes
Sync issues

New:
Context menu re-added

Known issues:
Multiserver not working
Windows native mode -> probably smb issue

• Like 3

feerlessleadr
On 1/9/2021 at 4:24 AM, quickmic said:

Could be a problem with your screensaver. Before e4k crashed, there is a msg:

ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for /storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg

2021-01-08 22:04:32.066 T:2583233408   ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for /storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg
2021-01-08 22:04:32.074 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> -->[ q:updated/Episode/3276653936 ]
2021-01-08 22:04:32.084 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ERROR:: can't start new thread
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 125, in run
                                                self.service()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/helper/wrapper.py", line 64, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 172, in service
                                                self.worker_userdata()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 317, in worker_userdata
                                                new_thread = UserDataWorker(queue, self, "video", self.database_lock)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 672, in __init__
                                                self.start()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 736, in start
                                            error: can't start new thread
2021-01-08 22:04:32.090 T:3227743104  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ---<[ library ]

Not sure if the issues are related, but can you check "/storage/Screensaver/4k/04149_mountainlake_3840x2160.jpg"

same here "/storage/Screensaver/4k/03968_silhouette_3840x2160.jpg"

and "/storage/Screensaver/4k/04025_thehelixnebulasiridescentglory_3840x2160.jpg"

this goes on....

So I looked at the files on the N2, but they open fine when I ssh into the box. I've been using this screensaver for years with these pictures (Picture SlideShow Screensaver Addon), but this issue only popped up in the last week or so.

I did switch the addon from using the local folder to use video fanart, and I haven't noticed e4k crashing (also don't see any new crashlogs). 

Anything I can provide to help further troubleshoot?

quickmic

Well, I've performed tests with (dim) screensaver on (Linux amd64). Works fine.

Could be device related and maybe it's not even the screensaver. Do you have some sort of powersave mode or sleepmode enabled?

e2zippo

I just reinstalled my Kodi completely (Coreelec Kodi 18.9.0)

The only addons I've installed are K4E, Estuary Mod V2.

This is what I've noticed to far.

* At first, playback works but seems to take 7-10 seconds so start.

* Resume state doesn't seem to sync, I tried watching about 5 minutes into a movie and then stopped and started, it always started from the beginning, with no option to resume.

* After playing a few movies playback didn't work anymore.

log-2021-01-11-11.29.36.zip

quickmic

I see the problem. Please try to disable "extrafanart" in the skin settings.

Maybe also disable Artworkbeef.

I'll fix it in next version.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Additional question.

How did you play the videos? At least one time it seems you played via e4k menu, not via "regular" Kodi lists/widgets.

e2zippo
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I see the problem. Please try to disable "extrafanart" in the skin settings.

Maybe also disable Artworkbeef.

I'll fix it in next version.

Alright, I'll try that. 

So would you say E4K is skin dependent, it can break with certain skins?

13 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Additional question.

How did you play the videos? At least one time it seems you played via e4k menu, not via "regular" Kodi lists/widgets.

I played the the "regular" way, nothing from e4k menu.

Edit: I just checked, extrafanart is not enabled, and I didn't have Artwork Beef installed.

Edited by e2zippo

quickmic

So would you say E4K is skin dependent, it can break with certain skins?

Not really, but sometimes 3rd party tools/skins queries features e4k doesn't support.

In 4.x those commands are just ignored by this code:

if 'extrafanart' in self.path or 'extrathumbs' in self.path or 'Extras/' in self.path:
                raise Exception("unsupported artwork request")

Frankly, I forgot to re-add this line in 5.x

Maybe an even better way would be to support "extrafanart", "extrathumbs", "Extras". Not sure if possible, not reviewed yet.

In your log there are exactly those queries included, which should be captured by the code above.

2021-01-11 11:39:20.674 T:3376411456   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805//extrafanart/:
2021-01-11 11:39:20.674 T:3376411456   ERROR: GetDirectory - Unable to get http directory (http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805//extrafanart/)
2021-01-11 11:39:20.674 T:3376411456   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805//extrafanart/

I checked again, those commands are already suppressed, so cannot be the reason why crashed.

The main reason why e4k crashed is here:

2021-01-11 11:55:23.797 T:3568300864   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-17:
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 327, in run
                                                Transcoding, MediasourceID = self.IsTranscoding(FilePath)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 485, in IsTranscoding
                                                return Bitrate >= NetworkSpeed, Data[1]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
2021-01-11 11:55:24.765 T:3551515456  NOTICE: EMBY.helper.utils.Utils -> Stopping db writing!

This Exception is trigger also by an invalid http query, what could be initiated by the invalid artwork queries above OR by this query:

2021-01-11 11:53:16.383 T:2738803520  NOTICE: EMBY -> ---[ START EMBYCLIENT ]---
2021-01-11 11:53:16.403 T:2738803520  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.evens.Events -> path: ?content_type=video params: {
                                                "content_type": "video"
                                            }

That's an eventcode from a none Kodi stock function. Could be browsing threw e4k menu or Skin-modifications which initiates an Events etc.

That's why I asked, how you started the video.

btw. can you reproduce this issue:

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 327, in run
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 485, in IsTranscoding

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel
1 hour ago, e2zippo said:

I just reinstalled my Kodi completely (Coreelec Kodi 18.9.0)

The only addons I've installed are K4E, Estuary Mod V2.

This is what I've noticed to far.

* At first, playback works but seems to take 7-10 seconds so start.

* Resume state doesn't seem to sync, I tried watching about 5 minutes into a movie and then stopped and started, it always started from the beginning, with no option to resume.

* After playing a few movies playback didn't work anymore.

log-2021-01-11-11.29.36.zip 129.13 kB · 1 download

Interesting, I also did a re-installation of Kodi 18/osmc. Standard Kodi skin, no additional addons. I see the same issues, playback takes a long time to start, resume doesn't sync, and often playback doesn't work at all. All files are started via regular Kodi entries in movies/tv series.

quickmic

can you both please send me the myvideo db.

@TobyTentakel

Do you have a log file? Would be better to trace the issue, if I could rule out mod skin issues.

e2zippo
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

can you both please send me the myvideo db.

@TobyTentakel

Do you have a log file? Would be better to trace the issue, if I could rule out mod skin issues.

I sent mine.

After a reboot everything seems to work for now, I'll test some more.

quickmic

Please try to play the exactly same file as before: Should be The_Hobbit_The_Desolation_of_Smaug__2013__Remux-2160p__TrueHD_Atmos_7.1__HEVC_-3L.mkv

e2zippo
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please try to play the exactly same file as before: Should be The_Hobbit_The_Desolation_of_Smaug__2013__Remux-2160p__TrueHD_Atmos_7.1__HEVC_-3L.mkv

Just tried, and it failed.

quickmic

ok, please send me again the log.

Can you verify again, that the issue is related to that specific file?

Only odd thing is the missing runtime for that file but usually not a serious problem.

e2zippo
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, please send me again the log.

Can you verify again, that the issue is related to that specific file?

Only odd thing is the missing runtime for that file but usually not a serious problem.

Right now I can't play anything unless I reboot again.

Not sure what causes the playback to stop working, it works for a while, then it stops working.

quickmic

Once the issue is trigger, it's normal that player will not work any longer.

The player crashed here. I can send you a debug version, IF you can repoduce the core issue.

Edited by quickmic