Video being squished during playback

I am trying to watch a tv series and am on the second episode. However I cant watch it properly because the auto aspect ratio cant be changed while casting to chromecast making it impossible to watch this episode while using Emby beacuse of the video being squished to half its normal size. I have confirmed it does play normally with Media Player Classic and the aspect radio isnt changed until I use Emby to play it. This wouldnt be a hug deal if the option wheel icon actually worked while casting. As such I believe a hotfix should be in the works.

Also I cant seem to find the option for turning auto aspect ration of in the regular main options menu when not playing a video to be able to turn it off. I may be overlooking it though. I can change the aspect ration when not casting and thought it might be a quick fix if I did that and than cast over to my tv. But once I did the aspect ratio auto changed back to the squished video. Ideally Id like to use Emby to watch this episode but am unsure what I can do to fix this if anything and may just have to cast it from media player classic just to get past it. It does however bring up concern this could be a problem in the future. I have previously made a similar post about the option wheel not working while casting to chrome so I suppose this can be combined for a continuation of that Bug Report. 

Regards.

HI, aspect ratio control while casting to Chromecast hasn't been added yet, but it's something we can look at in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

Well regardless we still have bugs to deal with. So we noticed on iphone that the option wheel also does not work but always how we fixed the aspect ration issue was we turned off subs. I have no idea why this was a fix but everytime we tried it on iphone it reloaded the video and the issue was somehow fixed. I will try the same later on Android to see if this can be reproduced on that OS as well. I would suggest looking into this because its very odd indeed. If you need more info let me know. I will also update as I am also going to be trying to figure out why this is happening. If you need logs let me know. Cheers.

Edited by Guest

pwhodges

What is the source of your video?  It is likely that the cause of this is some inconsistency in the metadata (for instance between what the container says about the aspect ratio and what the stream says. 

Looking at the file with MediaInfo and drilling down in the tree view might throw some light on the matter.  It may be that remuxing using MKVToolNix might fix it, or it might take re-encoding with e.g. Handbrake (in which you can tweak the aspect ratio information if necessary).

Paul