Sorting Bug?

CathMowr

CathMowr

I experienced a very weird thing today where artists that are written small get sorted to the back of the library when you sort by album artist.

1278189800_ScreenShot2020-08-14at22_42_20.thumb.png.82761187608099f1c8290ad20e69ac9f.png

This happened with a different artist that was written small too, after this I added 2 other albums with artists written big and they behave completely normal.

I then put the file into MP3Tag and capitalized the artist/Album Artist/AlbumArtistsort, deleted the MBP Tag and put the file in a folder next to the first one. After this I scanned the library and boom, the second fiel with the capitalized artist sorts normally BUT is still written small - even if it shouldn't be - and gets sorted into the same allbum artist section like the one written small.

When I sort by something else than album artist both files sort correctly.

I attached the files if somebody wants to check, trippin is the one written small, trippin 2 is the one that is capitalized according to MP3Tag.

I am confused.

alllone - Bedroom Files Vol.1 - 01 trippin 2.flac alllone - Bedroom Files Vol.1 - 01 trippin.flac

Edited by CathMowr

• 1 month later...
CathMowr

Still happening with 4.5.0.29 beta!

It really seems to be a problem with the capitalisation since I have this bug with every artist with a small first letter!

• 2 weeks later...