Chromecast playback skip / jump to next episode randomly

Yasmin

Yasmin

Hello! 
I have a problem when streaming with Chromecast 2 gen, doesn't matter where it came from (Android, IOS, Web, etc)
When watching some tv series, the playback is in great quality, smooth and RANDOMLY jump / skip to the next episode. It simply happen from NOWHERE.

I don't know if it is my PC that is the problem or the chromecast itself.

What kind of Logs do you guys need to check? I have at least 20 logs just from today trying to watch a single episode...

Edited by Yasmin
tags

Have you checked the options set on the device you use to start the cast?

This is an option you can set on the devices as well as web UI.

We can try and help you with this if you pick a device you use to start the chromecast.

Yasmin
21 hours ago, cayars said:

Have you checked the options set on the device you use to start the cast?

This is an option you can set on the devices as well as web UI.

We can try and help you with this if you pick a device you use to start the chromecast.

Hello!
What kind of options are you talking? 
I'm using the normal configs as usual, Captions on, quality auto or not auto, everything looks normal on my phone app. 
Using both Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Moto G6 Plus

So you start with a device such as your Galaxy to look up and find the media you want to play.  So that's the device in this case I was asking about.

Now on that device (Galaxy) go into settings and then Playback.

Scroll down and there's an option "Play next episode automatically".  <-- Is this turned on?

Yasmin

Yes, it was on on my Moto G6. 
Maybe just turning it off, it will stop skipping in the middle of my epsiode??? This still do not have any sense hahaha
The stream is perfect and smooth, than suddenly freeze and jumps. 
I'll try and talk to you in a few minutes!

If you don't cast but just watch it on the local device does it play correctly without the freeze and jumps?

Yasmin
56 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you don't cast but just watch it on the local device does it play correctly without the freeze and jumps?

Yes, on my Android devices work with no problems at all. Only with Chromecast this happens

Have you looked at your logs right after this happens to see if there is any cause that you can identify?

Yasmin
16 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you looked at your logs right after this happens to see if there is any cause that you can identify?

Hello! Just tested again and here we are:
With "Play next episode automatically" option off, the Chromecast Playback suddenly stopped like before, showing the "Ready to Cast" message but did not skipped the episode. 
Trying to start again the episode, the app was broken and needed to start again searching for the episode. At least, now it started again where it stopped, but still with the problem.

I'm really noob for looking the Logs, could you help me? What file we need to check? 
embyserver.txt or one of the various ffmpeg-transcode files?

Yasmin

Here are the last error report from the main log:

2020-07-23 19:49:30.505 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.3.0
Command line: C:\Users\Gustavo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Gustavo/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
Processor count: 12
Program data path: C:\Users\Gustavo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\Gustavo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: InternalServerError
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.GetSpecificMappingAsync(Protocol protocol, Int32 publicPort, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.CreatePortMap(Mapping mapping, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.PortMapper.ExternalPortForwarding.CreateRules(INatDevice device, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
2020-07-23 19:49:30.619 Error HttpClient: <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<faultcode>s:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring>
<detail>
<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">
<errorCode>714</errorCode>
<errorDescription>NoSuchEntryInArray</errorDescription>
</UPnPError>
</detail>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

2020-07-23 19:49:30.620 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.3.0
Command line: C:\Users\Gustavo\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True

Edited by Yasmin

That a failure to use UPnP to set your ports automatically in your router.  If you manually set your ports or don't have UPnP turned on in the router then you don't need this plugin at all and can remove it.  It will get rid of these types of errors in the logs.  You can always add it back from the plugin catalog if needed.

27 minutes ago, Yasmin said:

I'm really noob for looking the Logs, could you help me? What file we need to check? embyserver.txt or one of the various ffmpeg-transcode files?

Secret to finding and using logs.

On your web admin Dashboard you can scroll down to the bottom and see a list of paths, one is the log path.  If you use file explorer to go to that folder (copy & paste it) you can access the raw files.

OR just click on Logs under the ADVANCED menu in the web admin and you can read them online or download them (nice for remote work).

The top log is always embyserver.log which is the master log currently being used.  You will also often see logs starting with ffmpeg... and then are logs produced when your media is transcoded.  So if casting to the Chromecast you can look at the DASHBOARD menu item and see devices playing back.  If the chromecast shows as transcoding then you want to use/look at the ffmpeg log as well which could show a failure or some other useful info.  

If asked in a thread to provide the logs, those would be the ones unless something other was specifically asked for.

Hope that helps.