Library settings - hide by default

ertagon2

ertagon2

Why
It's troublesome to manage bottom up permissions (User -> Access -> Folder) and personally I think that a top down (User <- Access <- Folder) approach would be better (or both). I understand that changing access permission structure might be troublesome (or not desired by everyone) so I'd like to suggest something else instead

Feature
I think it would be a good idea to have a setting in the "Libraries" that allows you to make a folder hidden by default. That way when you add a new user you don't have to worry to much about them having access to all the folders and it improves user management. It's a good solution for servers that have a lot of users to manage. This isn't a must have but more of "Quality of life" feature.

How
These changes would have to be implemented:
1. Add the setting to the Libraries under "Advanced options" -> "Library Settings"

1.thumb.png.a2e2c5668573e363773c3071cab360a8.png

2. Disable "Enable access to all libraries" setting in the user access settings if any of the libraries (for that user) are hidden, and enable all but the hidden library.
OR alternatively... disable "Enable access to all libraries" (so that the list of libraries shows up) for all users if any folders are hidden, then the hidden folder should not be enabled on the access list.

2.thumb.png.0e2c2b5d5b27593a06b93a337e81725e.png

Hi there, yes more robust options are possible for the future. Thanks for the feedback.