Common Sense Media ratings

quackpipe

Hi.  It is a paid service.  I believe we talked to them a while back and they were expensive.

We can try again.

• 10 months later...
ryled_up

I would love to see an addon for this as well.  Too often I get incorrect parental ratings on newly added movies.  I just had to update the last thee movies added to CA-14 where TMDB had them as CA-G or CA-PG.  I've been going to filmratings.com to manually correct but I don't know the ratings are incorrect until I see them show up on my 6yr old daughters Emby account.  I'm considering changing my default country to USA because it seems that the TMDB community US values are more often correct but anyone can change them and that's a little worrisome.  Common Sense Media is dedicated to this and I don't think just anyone with an account can override what is there.  I might have a couple years off what they say but I'd be less worried about an R rated movie showing up in my kids list using them.

Edited by ryled_up
Grammar
  • Like 3

CharleyVarrick
23 hours ago, ryled_up said:

I would love to see an addon for this as well.  Too often I get incorrect parental ratings on newly added movies.  I just had to update the last thee movies added to CA-14 where TMDB had them as CA-G or CA-PG.  I've been going to filmratings.com to manually correct but I don't know the ratings are incorrect until I see them show up on my 6yr old daughters Emby account.  I'm considering changing my default country to USA because it seems that the TMDB community US values are more often correct but anyone can change them and that's a little worrisome.  Common Sense Media is dedicated to this and I don't think just anyone with an account can override what is there.  I might have a couple years off what they say but I'd be less worried about an R rated movie showing up in my kids list using them.

Agreed, no one wants to expose the little ones to some of the other stuff in our respective collection

I believe in the mean time you could Edit metadata/ lock the PG rating to a safe value *?)

roaku
14 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Agreed, no one wants to expose the little ones to some of the other stuff in our respective collection

I believe in the mean time you could Edit metadata/ lock the PG rating to a safe value *?)

There's a parental rating metadata field for this purpose.

You set that to what you think the rating should be and it will be honored throughout the system while still displaying the official rating and it won't get overridden by external metadata updates.

ryled_up

I have parental rating limits set for my kids so they can’t see anything above PG. The problem I’m running into is the TMDB community sometimes sets the parental rating at PG or G for movies that should be R. I created an account yesterday and corrected a couple. It seems to be the Canadian values that are most often incorrect... not all by any means but usually new movies. When I notice, I edit the Emby metadata but I don’t always notice immediately and that’s my worry.

I just in the last hour deleted my libraries and nfo’s and created new libraries but set my country as USA. When it’s all done I’ll go back and update anything showing in their lists that shouldn’t be. I expect there will be less incorrect with US ratings than with Canadian. 

quackpipe

I know this is u related but I had a heck of a time trying to filter safe TV shows my our son. I just cut the entire TV library out of his account and need to login to my password protected account if he wants to watch bill nye or how it’s made. 

Note: he’s 5