Where is MBTheater

ebr

Other than the issue with this forum, IE works well on the Surface.  I am a die-hard Chrome user on the desktop (won't touch IE) but, on the tablet, it is a fine experience. @@swhitmore... want to chime in?

Sorry for hijaaking the thread, but have a surface pro-2 and my daughter a surface RT and both are just great machines. I>E 11 is a great browser..

swhitmore

Other than the issue with this forum, IE works well on the Surface. I am a die-hard Chrome user on the desktop (won't touch IE) but, on the tablet, it is a fine experience. @@swhitmore... want to chime in?

I was a heavy chrome user until I started using IE11 on a Windows 8 tablet. Apart from some small things like no auto form fill and adblock, IE11 shits all over chrome in terms of performance. This is particularly noticeable wth scrolling. In chrome, if I goto a website with any more then about 5 images, it lags like a bitch. IE11 is butter smooth, whatever I throw at it. I might record a video of it, because it is a serious difference.

In terms of MB3, I've been using the web UI for ages, and never had a problem. I don't really stream much, but I do use it for a remote, and for maintenance. Works great. I probably will start using the Win RT app instead soon, and will then just use the web UI for maintenance.

Google will more than likely never create an app version of Chrome but I recall reading somewhere that Firefox may be looking into it though.

Google have already announced that they are working on a WinRT app for chrome, I'll try and find the article.

Edit: Here it is http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/5/4806562/google-building-chrome-os-into-windows-8

It looks like it may not run on WinRT, seems like its a special mode where desktop apps run in a WinRT environment.

Edited by swhitmore

How about all you Surface guys start your own thread? Wouldn't that be a fun thing? :D

If you never highjack a thread, you won't have to apologize for doing it.

crashkelly

Sorry for hijaaking the thread, but have a surface pro-2 and my daughter a surface RT and both are just great machines. I>E 11 is a great browser..

Great idea :)

But I only have a Surface Pro (original) and after constant reading about everyone's Surface Pro 2 I would run out and get one and then my wife would have my left one for spending that kind of money again .... she already has my right one from my purchase of the original Pro ........ ;)

Cheers

Great idea :)

But I only have a Surface Pro (original) and after constant reading about everyone's Surface Pro 2 I would run out and get one and then my wife would have my left one for spending that kind of money again .... she already has my right one from my purchase of the original Pro ........ ;)

Cheers

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/826-where-is-mbtheater/page-4&do=findComment&comment=34489

So...this is the new tablet browser thread?

lol

Oh careful! You don't dare say anything like that around here... you'll get flamed big time! :P

• Like 1

crashkelly

So...this is the new tablet browser thread?

lol

Oh careful! You don't dare say anything like that around here... you'll get flamed big time! :P

Adks9.jpg

• Like 1

When MBT is released for technical preview where will it be posted? on the main download page? just want to be sure i don't miss it :-) awesome work as always and i've made contributions! :-)

yardameus

I'm sure there will be a blog announcement or general announcement, followed by a flurry of comments and questions.

I'll be patient but over on avsforum it was alluded last week that it would be pushed out over the weekend but maybe that will be next weekend.  As I did with MBC I will test it on my PC before moving it to my HTPC for use.

Ive been checking here everyday. cant wait.

only been playing with MB3 for about a week, and loving it, to break away from bloody media center will be the icing on the cake,

It's useless (IMO) apart from Media Browser.  I think a lot of people would just like a nice stable program that doesn't require WMC to run.  I guess if you can use a cable card it might have some uses.  Really it is just an extra layer that most people have no use for.

Redshirt

From my own experiences, WMC is useless. I don't have a TV tuner, so the live TV aspect has no value to me. Living in Canada I click on various WMC features and get greeted with a "Not available in your country" dialog.

From a developer stand point. I find it a needlessly difficult platform to code for. There are no resources anywhere, the only support community is a graveyard. The development team has been disbanded so there is no bug fixing being done for the platform, and there are definitely un-patched bugs. There developer SDK is outdated and provides a lesser development experience when installed on newer versions of Visual Studio as opposed to VS-2008.

• Like 2

dylanrellis

Like i said wmc is the only app that provides a stable tv tuner experience. If that experience isn't required then its irrelevant and there are plenty of non tv mc apps out there to choose from.

i bet you guys have live tv available from another source... Why? Seriously as a htpc enthusiast... Why? Isn't the whole point of a htpc to have all this in a single device like experience?

Edited by dylanrellis