Where is MBTheater

ebr

colleycol

What are you guys going to use in conjunction with MB3?  ffdshow?  LAVfilter?  What should I use for best picture and sound?

I have a  WHS based 15TB server with mkv files.  I use a separate win7 machine as the HTPC.

CBers

What are you guys going to use in conjunction with MB3?  ffdshow?  LAVfilter?  What should I use for best picture and sound?

I have a  WHS based 15TB server with mkv files.  I use a separate win7 machine as the HTPC.

If you're going with MBT, then you need LAVFILTER.

If you're going with MBT, then you need LAVFILTER.

That is correct, and MBT will install it for you.

You'll definitely want to use madvr if picture quality is your top priority.

Is that really going to have any impact on HD video?

Is that really going to have any impact on HD video?

The improvement might not be as obvious with HD video as it is with SD (which some of us still have a lot of if we like classics and foreign movies) but it sure doesn't hurt HD. :)

No doubt about it, I've been using it for some time and there's new debanding option being tested.

@Gander: madvr can do this.

Edited by makakam

Are you suggesting still using MPC-HC as the external player for Madvr, instead of using the MBT internal player?

no

Is it best to uninstall Codec/codec packs such as Shark007 when installing MBT? Does MBT incorporate most codecs or should it be used in conjunction with another package?

it uses Lav Filters. Don't worry about pre-installing anything ahead of time. The MBT startup wizard will walk you through it and install anything that is needed.

• Like 1

dylanrellis

I could really use a hand here, I made the mistake of installing my movies 4... it downloaded covers as a differently named file but then somehow replaced mediabrowsers folder.jpg's... now all my covers are dodgy, if I batch delete them all mb will revert to thumbnails and therefore a refresh wont update the covers. is there somewhere I can delete all the thumbnails so that a refresh will download new covers? or is there something else I should do?

needless to say mm4 is gone now and all associated files.

posting here since its an issue to do with mbt preparation lol, and to be seen!

you can delete the individual images and refresh the individual items from the edit page in the web client.

since bulk editing is not yet implemented, if you want to do them all in one shot you'll need to delete the images and then your library db file.

dylanrellis

where are the images located? just the thumbs.

would I lose anything else from the library.db file? like watched status etc.

sorry for hassling your probably busy, I hope.