Where is MBTheater

ebr

swhitmore

MBT can be setup to launch from WMC. This is my current setup.

Best of both worlds!

5286f639ae200_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC1.png

5286f5c88b264_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC2.png

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 1

yardameus

I'm just excited to get something similar to XBMC, but with the browsing and theme abilities of MEdiaBrowser.  I like the idea of XBMC, but I've never been able to get myself to use is constantly.  Either the theme doesn't provide the information I want or the view I want.  Media Browser just does exactly what I think it should do.  I'm especially excited to see the opportunities with plug-ins for extra content (live sports streaming, pbs, hulu, etc...)  When that happens, look out xbmc.

Yea I hope to give it to you guys this weekend. Actually the team and I are hammering out the detail screen right now

5286f786e52b9_Untitled.png

But it's important you guys know what you're getting. The app is progressing slowly due to my other responsibilities here.  As a result, it has a very small feature set right now. But I'm going to put it out there because what it does have is pretty stable.

If you are someone who likes all of the new MB3 features you will very much like MBT. If you are someone who would want everything to be exactly the same as you have it now, then you are probably better off staying where you are.

• Like 4

sfnetwork

If I can browse and play with it, I'd be impressed.  So, I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed.

It can do that  :P

swhitmore

How seamless is switching to and from wmc?

Instant. I launch MBT from the icon on the WMC home screen, and then I close MBT and jump right back to WMC by hitting the green button. Launching MBT from the icon will not go back to where I was in MBT however, as it closes MBT when returning to WMC.

it's a separate app. i haven't spent much time concerning myself with wmc. but i think some community members might be helping with a launcher of sorts.

swhitmore

it's a separate app. i haven't spent much time concerning myself with wmc. but i think some community members might be helping with a launcher of sorts.

The launcher I have used is ReLaunch. I then used Media Center Studio to move the icon to the right slot in the WMC start menu.

5287003ecc60b_Untitled.png

• Like 3

yardameus

I was gonna say, people have made launchers for hulu desktop and kylo, so I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up soon.  Evidently you can make one for yourself...  Off to MBC...  Suck it.......  ??

Like i said wmc is the only app that provides a stable tv tuner experience. If that experience isn't required then its irrelevant and there are plenty of non tv mc apps out there to choose from.

i bet you guys have live tv available from another source... Why? Seriously as a htpc enthusiast... Why? Isn't the whole point of a htpc to have all this in a single device like experience?

Nope, no live TV in my house, we live in a completely commercial  free on demand environment. Even the radio is JJJ, the only commercial free government owned nationwide FM radio station in the world. ( try it youll like it)

Anytime i have been frustrated with MB2 after research I was able to put it down to media centers issue, not MB2's. 

Oh wow, I checked back randomly to see if there was any update to Theater and I saw all the hype! Perfect timing, I foolishly installed Windows 8.1 on my system recently and realized you have to pay another $10 for WMC! Figured I'd wait patiently for Theater to be released and BAM, lucky me

Can't wait, good job guys.

Logos302

if you have windows 8 with WMC it's free. but yeah if you went from win7 you have to fay for it now :(.  As for Theater, there is a message about releasing it this weekend with no details at that is spurred all this intrigue which I'm sure is the point  :D