Character encoding problem on TR subtitles

denethor

denethor

Below problem applies to both Windows 8.x metro App and Web Player. MBC and MBHT is fine since both uses external subtitle filter.

Basically both unable to encode subtitles with Turkish chars. I couldn't find any setting for char. encoding in both 8.1 app and Web Player.

Below is the line 00:05:49,800 --> 00:05:53,901 from attached srt. (Renamed to txt)

53a5791e6e635_Capture.jpg

Sample.Tr.txt

this should be fixed in the next server release.

Great to know it will be solved. Right now, all asian chars are not displayed correctly.

this should be fixed in the next server release.

Hi Luke, will the new release solve the issue for asian chars in other encoding scheme? Thanks!

denethor
Luke, on 22 Jun 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:Luke, on 22 Jun 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:Luke, on 22 Jun 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:Luke, on 22 Jun 2014 - 7:51 PM, said:

it might not. what is the character encoding being used by your file?

UTF-8. I intentionally convert them to UTF8 since some other players also have problems with TR.

EDIT: Orjinal version (not utf8) of srt attached.

sample.tr.txt

Edited by denethor

Hi, I set GBK (Simplified Chinese) or BIG5 (Traditional Chinese) in XBMC normally.

Mediaportal uses MPC-HC subtitle engine, which can somehow detect the encoding automatically.

Hi Luke, any possibility to support other encodings for subtitles in the next release?

Solved with new server build :3.0.5287.19943

Hmm, in the new version I can't even switch subtitle in the web player.

denethor
somy, on 23 Jun 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:somy, on 23 Jun 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:somy, on 23 Jun 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hmm, in the new version I can't even switch subtitle in the web player.

How do you try to enable subtitles? With CC buton or T icon in buttom of the player:

53a88be422d8d_Capture.jpg

By the way, I think this is confusing @@Luke

Edited by denethor

unfortunately due to some limitations with IE we have to show both our own controls and the browser controls. Other browsers don't do that though.

How do you try to enable subtitles? With CC buton or T icon in buttom of the player:

53a88be422d8d_Capture.jpg

By the way, I think this is confusing @@Luke

Hi, I cannot make the video player to work under IE (it always says something like "error when playing video" or so).

I use chrome, and there is only T icon. When I click the icon, I see all subtitles, but when I click one, nothing happens and the menus still appreas. BTW, I noticed the "setting" icon on the leftmost doesn't work either, when I click on it, it doesn't even bring me the menu to choose quality. I don't know if it is related.

Regarding the encoding, is there a way to choose encoding in MBS configuration?

denethor

[quote name="somy" post="109141" timestamp="1403608400, I noticed the "setting" icon on the leftmost doesn't work either, when I click on it, it doesn't even bring me the menu to choose quality. I don't know if it is related.

Same here for settings icon. Regarding to encoding selection in MBS, afaik there is no settings for that.

Same here for settings icon. Regarding to encoding selection in MBS, afaik there is no settings for that.

Does the subtitle switch work for you with the new beta version of MBS?

denethor

Does the subtitle switch work for you with the new beta version of MBS?

Nope, it does not. Tried with MacOS Safari and Chrome on MacOS.

Nope, it does not. Tried with MacOS Safari and Chrome on MacOS.

OK, same thing here. Good to know it is not something to do with my browser :)

Hi,

Just to report back, the issue with subtitle and quality buttons is solved. The subtitle still doesn't get displayed correctly for me...

somy

yes it's on the backlog.

Thank you, Luke!

It is the only missing feature for me to portal everything to MB3 now :-)

• 1 month later...