Introduce yourself...

Airbender

swhitmore

Hello everyone!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you in action :P

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I just want to say I'm very impressed with emby and the community behind it. I've been a web developer for ~15 years now, and one of my hobbies was creating my own media management site. I'm wasn't thrilled what was out there (I didn't know about Emby/MB until about 12 months ago), so I tried to build my own. I had a pretty decent site, if I do say so myself, but nothing like what you have here (My system could crawl my collection, gathered limited amount of metadata for my files and could only stream back content supported by jplayer, no transcoding or mobile apps). I've been playing with Emby now for at least 6 months and am hooked, so the next question is how can I help? My background is in C# & asp.net, but I've done some php, lots of javascript, some desktop apps, some python, etc... This stuff is a hobby of mine, so I'm willing to pick up new programming languages or hardware if there's certain areas that people think are neglected. Basically, I'm happy to help out where ever needed.

Thanks for reading!

I'm sure @@Luke can think of plenty of things for you to do  :D

• 2 weeks later...
monick21

Hi I'm a new user with not idea of what to do lol. Just looking for new content for my roku and a way to view my phone content on roku but I don't know how to do it.

monick.

shorty1483

Now that I'm walking abroad in the Samsung and Android Sub-Forum, I want to introduce myself :D

Working in the IT Management my whole life,  I also work a lot with tech stuff at home.

In first times of HTPC I always used MediaPortal in which I used to participate in a skinning project. When I became a Daddy I decided to throw my HTPC with all the adjustment and mediaPortal skinning time on the junk and build a Homeserver with a Samsung Plex, Chromecast and several Android Clients. I was pretty satisfied with the setup, the only thing that ever bored me was the lack of customization options.

After a prolapsed disk injury and an operation in mid July I have a looooooot of time atm because of the recovery after OP.

Last week was the day of the days, I surfed the internet and found Emby. I heard of MediaBrowser before, but was never really looking after it. Because of the above mentioned time I tried it out. After some hours of reading, understanding and adjusting, I'm so happy with this project. I can change what I want, I can modify what I want and the support is awesome until now, specially on the platforms I use.

Long story short: Thanks Team Emby!!

• Like 3

billy24752

Hello, 

Have been using Emby for around a year, seriously impressed with it. I became a monthly member today as its so good and feel its only right i contribute towards the upkeep. however i have put the key code in but the trailers are still not coming up help please. 

cheers 

Hello, 

Have been using Emby for around a year, seriously impressed with it. I became a monthly member today as its so good and feel its only right i contribute towards the upkeep. however i have put the key code in but the trailers are still not coming up help please. 

cheers 

Be sure you install the trailers plug-in.  If you still have issues, please create a new topic in the appropriate support forum.  Thanks.

Hyperoptic

Hi Everybody.

Just got hooked to Emby. What a nice product. Used a lot of other programs and solutions, but Emby has got me hooked and hyped as nothing else.

Running it now on a server at home and really, really liking it. Last used program was Plex, but next to Emby, no chance.

Thanks for the great work and fantastic support!

You guys rock and hope to hear more from you guys.

Greetings from Belgium

Edit: Want to become a supporter. Do you guys prefere Monthly/Yearly or Lifetime?

Edited by Hyperoptic

Edit: Want to become a supporter. Do you guys prefere Monthly/Yearly or Lifetime?

We prefer whatever you prefer. Welcome and thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
darkknight

Hi: Greetings from London,Ontario..I've just recently installed Emby (have tried JRiver,Plex,Kodi 15.1) so far this server is the best one I've tried...if I'm able to get the TV portion running & reduce my cable requirements I can see this being my media server of choice!!!

darkknight

Thanks EBR...so far it seems that since OTA is a problem in my area(no towers close enough to get a fair number of channels :rolleyes:  that part of what I'm using Emby for may not work for me very well if at all!!!But threst looks greatso far!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just signed up.

Have always simply used a Popcorn Hour media player since probably 2008.

Want something easier for the wife to use, and was going to go Plex but saw Emby mentioned yesterday somewhere and it looks better than all the competition so want to give it a go.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I am totally new to Emby, probably heard or (better say) read it for the first time 2 days back. I immediately liked its concept, downloaded it, removed the MySQL dB and configured it. It does not work as completely intended, as I am facing some minor issues, and I dont understand a lot of its functionality, but that is a separate issue.

So I am based in Saudi Arabia and been using Kodi/XBMC since Xbox days. I have a huge fan of Kodi and how the project has progressed over the years.

Well, I thought I will pop over here and say hello to all.