Introduce yourself...

Airbender

Actually I do have just the job for you if you'd like to help out on something with angular.

Put me to work! The product I am building right now is a full-blown AngularJS SPA so it's my bread-and-butter right now.

• Like 1

Put me to work! The product I am building right now is a full-blown AngularJS SPA so it's my bread-and-butter right now.

Great i'll PM.

• 1 month later...
bassistgak

Hi all,

Just joined the community but have been an avid user/fan of MB/Emby for years now.

Great community on here, in fact i have never needed to join as i always could find the answer to any issues i faced by searching the forums. 

Keep up the great work community members  and obviously admin/designers, programmers etc.

Emby really is a top class product design.

Personally i am really looking forward to when Emby Theatre can completely replace my Emby classic/WMC HTPC. To completely remove WMC dependancy and have live TV/recorder/guide options from within Emby Theatre would be a dream, looks like its not far on the horizon!

cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Been a fan and user of Media Browser for years. Picked up a Roku last year, and discovered EMBY Server. Works great, thanks for all you do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
writersblock73

Since this is a general discussion and a chance to introduce myself, I'd like to chime in as a new member of this forum and say hello.

My current profession is as a DRAM lab technician for Micron Technology out here in Boise, Idaho.  But even when I'm not being paid for it, I'm usually found slapping together a system or tinkering with some new toy.  I've built several HTPCs over the years, and I'm proud to say that every one of them has the classic MediaBrowser installed on them in place of Windows Media Center's default movie strip.  While WMC's strength has always been the awesome TV functionality, it's always been MediaBrowser that has produced the most "wows."

With everyone stepping away from HTPC usage and flirting more and more with streaming devices, I've let a few years slip by without messing around with new projects.  My own trusty HTPC found itself demoted to being a Plex server.  That is, until Plex's roku app starting being a "loading, please wait" screensaver.  After giving up on it, I started looking around for alternatives before stumbling over this little server called "Emby."  Imagine my delight when Emby turned out to be the evolution of my old favorite!

My delight grew even more after installing the Emby server (and Roku app) to find that they just.  Plain.  Worked.  At each file's original quality, without transcoding.  No hours of head-scratching and cursing at a unresponsive box.  No fruitless searches through pages of forums filled with the same complaints I myself had, yet no real solutions.  No tearing apart Rokus to see if depopping the DRAM and replacing them with larger density components would improve what I had assumed were buffering problems.  And no more troubleshooting my network wondering why everything else worked... except for accessing the terabytes of media on my server.  Instead, I spent that time watching movies and giggling like a love-struck schoolgirl.

So to Luke and to everyone else who played a hand in warming my wife back up to the idea of watching movies how we see fit, a deep and sincere "Thank you" is the least I can do.  I'll be watching this project closely in hopes that someday I might be able to lend a hand where ever it's needed.  Again, thank you all!

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
NerdFurnace

Hi. I am Nerd Furnace. I am looking at Emby because I hear i have to give up WMC if I go to Windows 10 and I want to get a jump on that. I use xbox360s as extenders.

I can't figure out how to install emby on my pc and I am very frustrated.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

kakata

HI all, Im the new guy here. I like linux in the evenings, routing and switch in the morning. Glad to use Emby and be part of this community.

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

Just trolling emby from my dusty lenovo thinkpad,you can find me under a bridge somewhere in las Vegas,thanks!

• Like 1

Never_More

Well Ill start by saying greetings to all - I've been a MB user for many years and have seen many changes to the program, I so far have liked them very much - :) I've recommended emby(MB) to all my friends. they are so impress by emby(MB) and enjoy the ease of use and configuration ...  They all want to have the program I use lol .. I tell them "Please donate" to keep this program (project)  alive and updated" .. I really hope this great site and people behind emby(MB) will continue the hard work..

Thank you emby(MB)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
BeeGee

Hello Everyone, I'm BeeGee and I'm new to the emby community. I was wondering how do I get invited to a server? :unsure:

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, I'm BeeGee and I'm new to the emby community. I was wondering how do I get invited to a server? :unsure:

Welcome. Just like anything else, ask around!

• Like 1

BeeGee

Thanks Luke, I feel like a newb. ha,ha,ha Just finished installing the server and figured it out. Looks like I will be enjoying my time here. Lots of projects to finish. :)

deepseth

Figure I should probably say hi, I've been posting around in a few other places and I've just recently deployed emby-server at home to trial in parallel to plexmediaserver, primarily due to preferring Kodi to Plex Home Theatre.

So far, am liking what I see!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
AVGuy10

Hello everyone!

I just want to say I'm very impressed with emby and the community behind it. I've been a web developer for ~15 years now, and one of my hobbies was creating my own media management site. I'm wasn't thrilled what was out there (I didn't know about Emby/MB until about 12 months ago), so I tried to build my own. I had a pretty decent site, if I do say so myself, but nothing like what you have here (My system could crawl my collection, gathered limited amount of metadata for my files and could only stream back content supported by jplayer, no transcoding or mobile apps). I've been playing with Emby now for at least 6 months and am hooked, so the next question is how can I help? My background is in C# & asp.net, but I've done some php, lots of javascript, some desktop apps, some python, etc... This stuff is a hobby of mine, so I'm willing to pick up new programming languages or hardware if there's certain areas that people think are neglected. Basically, I'm happy to help out where ever needed.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3