Introduce yourself...

Airbender

Total Newbie here... I did manage to download and install the Client Side of the program. For the life of me I cannot install the server component. The Server Installer fails every-time I run the setup executable with this message in the install log:

Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697211'
Error: An error occurred trying to download this http url /raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/master/Server/windows/release/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'.

Has me baffled. Oh well...My name is Robert. 

Hi, welcome. Sorry to hear about this. Try this and let us know if it helps:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10553-cannot-install-server-or-mbtemc/&do=findComment&comment=132315

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Randomacts

Hello I don't know if I would call myself a newbie but I guess I will be to Emby

Over at the plex camp I guess I would say I was a power user that actually had stuff set up more or less perfectly (even managed to get a non-standard organization anime music section by show name not album setup.. but it took prob 20+ hours and I am honestly behind on that project) .. and then when I just had emby scan my sections you guys think the same way I do so everything was more or less plug and play.. hah..

Not counting @@ebr ofc I know I can't trust that guy.. just look at that face....with his shit eating grin... =p

Currently I am a computer networking student (IT / sysadmin basically) .. and .. if I don't fail my last few classes I'll be graduating in about 9 weeks... shit.. then I'll have to finally get a job.. sigh 

Sometime in September I will be moving in with my brother and I think that I will try to get a linux server setup for emby and at some point a pfsense server once things settle down.

Edited by Randomacts

• 2 weeks later...
logikgear

Hello, Figured being that I have been a user of Emby from back in the stand alone Media Browser days I should join the community. :-D  

Love Emby. Can't stand "Those Other Programs". Just moved my server from a windows 7 install to a Ubuntu 14.04.4 (GNU/Linux 4.2.0) install.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Running Emby Server on Ubuntu 14.04.4 (GNU/Linux 4.2.0), using the browser on a few phones and tables in the house as well as Emby for WMC on the living room HTPC. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hitsville

Hey guys and Gals.

I'm a pretty disillusioned Plex user who has finally had enough with their backward steps for TV based clients.

I share my 50TB server with a few friends and they all love it.. However I'm pretty p*ssed off with them at the moment. I have tried Emby before and the CPU usage when transcoding seemed poor compared to Plex but seems equal if not better now. :) 

I'm heavily into automation, Couchpotato, Sonarr, Trakt, Harmony remote,  etc, so will see how that works out.

As yet I don't know how things work round here and if the mentality is you get what we give you when we give and you will not know until it arrives. If that's not the case I was wondered if there are any plans for an embedded client? I have an NUC which I saw as my personal ultimate Plex client upgrade and ended up being the final straw as to why I needed to switch.

I don't whinge as a rule  and I don't demand ever , but I'm just pretty disillusioned at the moment after just being told by a Plex dev that expecting to play two consecutive episodes of the same show in less that 10 button presses on a flagship client made my tone of disillusionment "hyperbolic" despite the fact that on the unofficial Samsung Plex app it can be done in two or three.

Apologies if my intro was supposed to be simply "Hi I'm Dave" :lol: 

Hey guys and Gals.

I'm a pretty disillusioned Plex user who has finally had enough with their backward steps for TV based clients.

I share my 50TB server with a few friends and they all love it.. However I'm pretty p*ssed off with them at the moment. I have tried Emby before and the CPU usage when transcoding seemed poor compared to Plex but seems equal if not better now. :)

I'm heavily into automation, Couchpotato, Sonarr, Trakt, Harmony remote,  etc, so will see how that works out.

As yet I don't know how things work round here and if the mentality is you get what we give you when we give and you will not know until it arrives. If that's not the case I was wondered if there are any plans for an embedded client? I have an NUC which I saw as my personal ultimate Plex client upgrade and ended up being the final straw as to why I needed to switch.

I don't whinge as a rule  and I don't demand ever , but I'm just pretty disillusioned at the moment after just being told by a Plex dev that expecting to play two consecutive episodes of the same show in less that 10 button presses on a flagship client made my tone of disillusionment "hyperbolic" despite the fact that on the unofficial Samsung Plex app it can be done in two or three.

Apologies if my intro was supposed to be simply "Hi I'm Dave" :lol:

Hi, welcome Dave. We're glad to have you :)

• Like 1

Hi Dave.

BTW - most of our apps will automatically play your episodes in order with zero clicks :).

• Like 1

Hitsville

Hi Dave.

BTW - most of our apps will automatically play your episodes in order with zero clicks :).

Good to hear. Only a single unofficial Plex app allowed that lol.

So I haven't had chance to mooch around the forums yet I will look at my options for a client running on an NUC. ;)

homerfan

Hello Emby Community!

First time caller. Long time listener. I just wanted to intro myself and share a bit of my journey to my current emby setup in the form of a Microsoft Visio file. Maybe this can help someone out and give them a picture of how they can get a setup going for themselves.

The road to my current setup happened by accident but now i'm a fully invested into this awesome ecosystem. Looking forward to becoming more active in the community. Thanks Emby team! Below is my current setup.

57114495bbd8b_EmbySetup.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
sugafree

Hello everybody just came bye to say hello.I am new over here and came from kodi and plex i wanne try something new and been looking around for some time at emby,i am runnimg windows 10 on my Hp Proliant microserver gen 8 with emby server instaled and looking to try out emby theather

Hello everybody just came bye to say hello.I am new over here and came from kodi and plex i wanne try something new and been looking around for some time at emby,i am runnimg windows 10 on my Hp Proliant microserver gen 8 with emby server instaled and looking to try out emby theather

Hi, welcome!

Guest asrequested

Hi, I'm not new here, but I just want to say how much I love Emby. Great software, written by a great team. Thank you guys  :)

• Like 4

Chandler

Hi,

since a few weeks I am a silent reader. Now its time to say hello and getting more active in the community. After trying plex for a while, I discovered emby, which fits so much better to my requirements. Very good job, guys.

Hi,

since a few weeks I am a silent reader. Now its time to say hello and getting more active in the community. After trying plex for a while, I discovered emby, which fits so much better to my requirements. Very good job, guys.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the kind words. We're happy to have you.

• 3 weeks later...
RageWarez

hi all RageWarez here im  kodi builder from the uk and i like the site  my builds have a meaning for it  im 38