New Plugin - Disk Space

chef

Dibbes

Really quick while I was in between lunch service I added the ability to rename your partitions. Give it an Alias.

Does it work?... Looks like it works okay, but the lasagnas are burning so, let me know if it needs some fixing.

I also laid ground work for media query mobile table view.

Renaming works pretty good... great! 

• Like 1

Dibbes

I wouldn't be me if I didn't have something to complain... ;-)

Either way, when renaming, it says "Partition label", but it's modifying the "Name" column, not the "Label" column... Took me a bit to realize that one 

this version work, but like tdiguy i have a shit load of path. Maybe if we can filter them that will be nice.

@@Sashaaa does renaming the partition fix this issue at all?

Happy2Play

@@chef I would remove download links and maybe make a note in first post to download from catalog.

• Like 1

Let me know if you run I to any issues :)

The app adds the capacity of all my drives to the capacity of my DrivePool Virtual Drive and reports nearly double my actual total capacity. Is there a way to have it not double count this space? Maybe this has already been reported?

Happy2Play

The app adds the capacity of all my drives to the capacity of my DrivePool Virtual Drive and reports nearly double my actual total capacity. Is there a way to have it not double count this space? Maybe this has already been reported?

Yes I mentioned it earlier.  You have a choice of showing all drives and pool, or disabling each drive or the pool itself.  Click the gear and deselect the drives you don't wish to see.

• Like 1

CBers

Why do you have your pool drives visible in Windows ?

I user DriveBender and I just have the virtual drive shown in Windows.

Spaceboy

Why do you have your pool drives visible in Windows ?

I user DriveBender and I just have the virtual drive shown in Windows.

i was going to ask the same but the fact H2P also has this made me question myself
  • Like 1

CBers

i was going to ask the same but the fact H2P also has this made me question myself

It's not good practice to have the underlying drives available in the OS, as who know what will access them and could then cause issues in the pool itself.

PenkethBoy

Drivepool - only shows the pool drive not the underlying drives

[edit] - not enough cofee this morning

i use mount points for my pool drives so they dont show up outside dp - i.e. not normal visible to apps or the plugin or windows explorer

Edited by PenkethBoy

I was not aware that this causes issues. I use these drives for a few things not in the pool but there's really no practical reason to do so actually. That said, everything in the pool is in a separate hidden folder used by DrivePool. I suppose changing anything whatsoever in these folders could cause issues but it seems so long as one doesn't mess with those folders it won't cause issues. I'll research the documentation for DrivePool and find out. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

PenkethBoy

changing the mount point and removing drive letters is possible - i think it would be fine - but not tested it in a long while

but if you do not need to - i would leave as is - as dp might lose a drive from the pool if you change to mount points - which would be an issue but easy enough to recover - but would be a PIA for a minor issue

PenkethBoy

Also Chef might find it hard to tell which is a pool drive and a real HDD - as the pool emulates a real drive

PS cant tell the difference - and it uses .net like emby does

You can uncheck the drives you don't want to show, and you can give drives an alias name.

Like Penkethboy mentioned, the initial data that is requested from the OS would show anything that looks like a partition. There didn't seem to be any parameters in the driveInfo object that eluded to separating drive pools from single drives.

:)

• Like 1