New Plugin - Disk Space

chef

1. remembers that you changed between rendered chart display or table data and will display your choice first the next time you visit the plugin page.

2. One button to toggle between the two rendered views

3. change dtable data to show space percentages instead of progress bar.

TODO: Drive Volume label fix in card description

Not sure if setting independent drive thresholds for notifications is possible. It would involve breaking quite a few aspects of the plugin and then testing to fix them.

• Like 2

Dibbes

1. remembers that you changed between rendered chart display or table data and will display your choice first the next time you visit the plugin page.

2. One button to toggle between the two rendered views

3. change dtable data to show space percentages instead of progress bar.

looking good... percentages work where the bars did not...

TODO: Drive Volume label fix in card description

Can we get volume labels in the table too?

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

chacawaca

chef : hmm i can do a plugin to see my drive, that should take me 1-2 hour.

chef 60 hour later, 22 versions: why i wanted this plugin again ?

• Like 2

maegibbons

To fix bugs and add features.

Development has been very rapid.

And I for one am very grateful.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Dibbes

I think we can safely say we have a little scope-creep here... That's alright though, I really appreciate the enthusiasm..

Psyborg

After some attempt in the last days I got Disk Space finally to work. The problem was, that the color picker seemed to work and the chosen colors were shown in the preferences. Actually the color values did never change. So the problematic #000000 was always there and nothing happened after "OK" - even with version 1.0.2.2.

Now (after manually entering values) it works, but after disabling the unneeded directories of my NAS the left ones are somewhat big... :)

5e387984e720a_001.jpg

Odd: In the settings all disabled directories are still checked. Also after changing to the table view all entries are shown, all with "Notifications enabled = false". But even there I don't need a dozen of these. Is this behavior intended?

Would it be possible to have an option to reduce the path title to just the last part like this?

5e387c0a42763_002.jpg

Thank you for all the efforts. That's gonna be very helpful.

Edited by Psyborg

After some attempt in the last days I got Disk Space finally to work. The problem was, that the color picker seemed to work and the chosen colors were shown in the preferences. Actually the color values did never change. So the problematic #000000 was always there and nothing happened after "OK" - even with version 1.0.2.2.

Now (after manually entering values) it works, but after disabling the unneeded directories of my NAS the left ones are somewhat big... :)

5e387984e720a_001.jpg

Odd: In the settings all disabled directories are still checked. Also after changing to the table view all entries are shown, all with "Notifications enabled = false". But even there I don't need a dozen of these. Is this behavior intended?

Would it be possible to have an option to reduce the path title to just the last part like this?

5e387c0a42763_002.jpg

Thank you for all the efforts. That's gonna be very helpful.

Yes, that is something unforseen. We'll have to truncate long drive names.

Thank you for this!

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Nice work! Is it safe to access it with a little sqlite magic?

@@chef - happy to test a version that does a little magic - if you want to try adding stuff to the db directly :)

@@chef,

1.0.2.2 has NOT rectified the Emby blank screen issue from a remote pc thanks. It only works every second time I change a color.

The % figures in the table actually represent the USED portion of space which is the opposite of the field title "Disk SPACE". Perhaps you could change the calculation or field title to make it properly representative.

thanks jordy

@@chef,

1.0.2.2 has NOT rectified the Emby blank screen issue from a remote pc thanks. It only works every second time I change a color.

The % figures in the table actually represent the USED portion of space which is the opposite of the field title "Disk SPACE". Perhaps you could change the calculation or field title to make it properly representative.

thanks jordy

Yes you are correct I'll change the table cells.

Just to clarify, you attempted to change the outline color and when you saved the dialog form, it got stuck on the Emby splash screen?

I can see what is happening there is a redirect on the dialog close and it's causing errors because the dialog is still in the URL.

I'll be back!

Yes you are correct I'll change the table cells.

Just to clarify, you attempted to change the outline color and when you saved the dialog form, it got stuck on the Emby splash screen?

I can see what is happening there is a redirect on the dialog close and it's causing errors because the dialog is still in the URL.

I'll be back!

yes you are correct, I have also noticed that if it doesn't change the color on the first attempt (goes to the emby screen), when I go back in to the settings dialogue the color is still the original one ie BEFORE the attempted/failed change.

Again, to be clear, this only occurs when trying to change colors from a remote pc. Its all ok when done directly from the Emby Server.

• Like 1

@@jordy please try 2.0.2.3 and see if you are still getting the strange redirect error when closing the dialog.

if it is fixed for good, then you'll never guess what it was (and I swear to gawd it's not something that is easy to find).

Dibbes

@@jordy please try 2.0.2.3 and see if you are still getting the strange redirect error when closing the dialog.

if it is fixed for good, then you'll never guess what it was (and I swear to gawd it's not something that is easy to find).

You're going to make us guess now, aren't you?

CBers

@@chef In the notification message, can you add in the threshold value please.

So something like "C:\ (CDRIVE) disk space almost full - 171.4 GB free, threshold 256Gb".

Just a thought.

Just a reminder @@chef.

• Like 1

One of embys libraries you can use is 'dialogHelper'

DialogHelper will handle adding the dialogs html and event listeners to the DOM.

You'd think that the workflow would be:

1. Create the helper

2. Write the HTML to the dialog container

3. Call openDialog

4.. Attach events (button clicks etc) to the dialog in the DOM because it exists in the DOM now. It's open!

That is incorrect, and will throw a redirect error when you try to close the dialog.

You have to

1. Create the helper

2. Write the HTML to the dialog container

3. Attach events (button clicks etc) to the dialog.

4. Now open the dialog

Open the dialog after you have written and attached events.

Someone's gotta write a wiki on plugin development. If you didn't know exactly what was happening in the JavaScript you'd release three or four versions of broken dialogs in a plugin before you figure it out... ... LOL

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Dibbes

Someone's gotta write a wiki on plugin development. If you didn't know exactly what was happening in the JavaScript you'd release three or four versions of broken dialogs in a plugin before you figure it out... ... LOL

I feel a volunteer position coming up within the Emby dev team... haha

PenkethBoy

@@chef

1.0.2.3 - is working fine and hope you have recovered from the frenzy of plugin updates

i have one small issue - with the new table - it shows drives which are unmonitored - unlike the charts which only show enabled drives

could this be made consistent please?

5e3bff8918883_Annotation20200206112516.j

Thanks

• Like 2

1. Fixed label issue on chart cards

2. Added labels to table data

3.Removed unmonitored partition data from table view

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

See what you miss when you're having fun rebuilding your emby server then decide to overhaul your network to Unifi...

I am still interested in this plugin but have not found the time to install and test it. I will soon though.

Wasn't there another one to parse users? That can come in handy in Vera because I have hundreds, a lot duplicates I believe, showing in Vera now.

See what you miss when you're having fun rebuilding your emby server then decide to overhaul your network to Unifi...

I am still interested in this plugin but have not found the time to install and test it. I will soon though.

Wasn't there another one to parse users? That can come in handy in Vera because I have hundreds, a lot duplicates I believe, showing in Vera now.

Is vera broken?

I'm using the Emby Plugin in Vera and it populates all the devices. I thought that you had another Emby Plugin to trim the device list from things that connected two years ago and the like? I do need to get back into the Vera Plugin in Emby.. I haven't done anything with it yet actually but now that UniFi has broken connectivity to my Harmony Hub I need to figure that out too or use the Vera Plugin.. My issues seem to be compounded lately!!

Edited by Sammy