[General] Set a rule to convert ALL media automatically?

rrowland
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

bcm00re
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I found a bug.  After setting a Custom bitrate value, when you go to edit/view that Conversion it shows a blank for the bitrate instead of the value.

bcm00re

Just doing what I can to help.  I figured this could get worked at the same time as the other intermittent issue I found with Convert window (whenever that may be).  Thanks to you guys for all you do!

bcm00re
12 hours ago, bcm00re said:

I found a bug.  After setting a Custom bitrate value, when you go to edit/view that Conversion it shows a blank for the bitrate instead of the value.

I have more details.  This does not appear to occur if one selects Custom initially.  What I did (to make this happen) was initially select the '8gb' setting then later I edited the Convert and went to 'Custom' with a value 11 -- and now when I edit/view this Convert the value is blank.  It isn't a huge deal, but I thought I might as well make it known.

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, bcm00re said:

I have more details.  This does not appear to occur if one selects Custom initially.  What I did (to make this happen) was initially select the '8gb' setting then later I edited the Convert and went to 'Custom' with a value 11 -- and now when I edit/view this Convert the value is blank.  It isn't a huge deal, but I thought I might as well make it known.

Hi, I tested this and was not able to reproduce the blank value issue.

• 7 months later...
Nelly.view

Hi, firstly sorry for perhaps not starting a new thread, but I felt my question is so closely related to this actual topic that it may be beneficial for others if you say my assumption is correct.

So I have a number of movies all in their own folders which are placed in a parent folder "Movies", nothing unusual there, I have converted a number of movies for streaming to Tv's and used Emby to convert these so used standard values suggested by Emby etc. However when I selected the folder to be converted a number of already converted movies were being reworked again by Emby, no values changed etc, set to covert to original folder, to TV and original quality. So not what I was hoping for.

Now for the question:- If I select the Movies under my media three dots and select mark all as played, then select the three dots and now select convert, but also select only convert  unplayed and select automatically convert new additions, would I be right in saying this would be safe to assume none of my existing movies would be converted and all new would be? Sounds really simple I know but thought I would ask as option one wasn't working as anticipated. I can always go back and convert individual movies at a later date that's already in the library, also I should be able to remark as unplayed afterwards as well if needed.

Just thought it was a way to set up covert all new addition to the library and not have an issue with reconverting existing.

453588439_Screenshot2021-12-20194806.png.3ed87caaeb2166e1eb2633e150d39d25.png

Edited by Nelly.view

On 12/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, Nelly.view said:

Hi, firstly sorry for perhaps not starting a new thread, but I felt my question is so closely related to this actual topic that it may be beneficial for others if you say my assumption is correct.

So I have a number of movies all in their own folders which are placed in a parent folder "Movies", nothing unusual there, I have converted a number of movies for streaming to Tv's and used Emby to convert these so used standard values suggested by Emby etc. However when I selected the folder to be converted a number of already converted movies were being reworked again by Emby, no values changed etc, set to covert to original folder, to TV and original quality. So not what I was hoping for.

Now for the question:- If I select the Movies under my media three dots and select mark all as played, then select the three dots and now select convert, but also select only convert  unplayed and select automatically convert new additions, would I be right in saying this would be safe to assume none of my existing movies would be converted and all new would be? Sounds really simple I know but thought I would ask as option one wasn't working as anticipated. I can always go back and convert individual movies at a later date that's already in the library, also I should be able to remark as unplayed afterwards as well if needed.

Just thought it was a way to set up covert all new addition to the library and not have an issue with reconverting existing.

453588439_Screenshot2021-12-20194806.png.3ed87caaeb2166e1eb2633e150d39d25.png

Yes that sounds right that existing content would not be converted.

• Like 1

Nelly.view
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Yes that sounds right that existing content would not be converted.

Thanks for the reply.

Worked a real treat, one more note for others again might help some.

I use a account purely as a server admin, the account I used when I first set the system up and registered for the premium account. When I selected mark all as watched before then setting up the conversion trick for only new movies added, I then went on to prove this account to confirm

1, new movies do get converted when add and also

2, whilst still in this account if you then select a single movie and select "mark as unplayed" this moving then automatically gets added to your conversions to take place, (a one click way to add movies to be converted, awesome.

One final note:- All my viewing as well as others are setup as separate accounts so I have noted the operation above does not mess up your own selections of what is played or unplayed.

Well done for such a great piece of software, hope you have a great festive period.

• Like 1