TV Episode Playback vs Movie Playback

GloverEggs

GloverEggs

I'm just trying to figure out if I have something set incorrectly or is Emby really has different playback screens for TV shows vs movies.

When you get to a TV show episode playback screen, it shows the audio and video details and then has a drop down list of the available subtitles.

5de1739fd6e29_TVsmall.png

When you get to a movie playback screen, the same information is not shown.

5de173cad9dd1_Moviesmall.png

The movie does have the details embedded.  Using Tiny Media Manager, I get this information:

5de17486c4a5c_TVDetails.png

So, I'm wondering what I need to do or change with my Emby settings to get the movie playback screen to show the same information as the TV episodes.  Just as an FYI, I have also added an external subtitle file (.srt) file for this movie.  So I would hope that some kind of subtitle information would be shown.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am still setting items up and have only done about 15% of our movies.  I want to make sure that I copy everything the way Emby likes it.

Hi, the information is the same for both, so it sounds like your initial library scan hasn't completed yet.

GloverEggs

Yeah, I've scanned and rescanned.  I looked up the nfo on the movie and the data is there.

Even more confusing is that I did find a couple of movies that DID show the information like the tv shows.  That leads me to believe that something is messed up with my movies that aren't showing the options/data.

GloverEggs

It was in my first post.  None of the video and audio information is showing.

5de18c8f0322b_MovieExample.png

At the very bottom it shows:

Media Info
Containermkv
PathD:\Movies\DC\Aquaman (2018)\Aquaman (2018).mkv

nfo file says:

<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <aspect>1.78</aspect>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <durationinseconds>8601</durationinseconds>
        <stereomode/>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>Atmos</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>AC3</codec>
        <language>spa</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>AC3</codec>
        <language>fra</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>AC3</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <codec>AC3</codec>
        <language>por</language>
        <channels>8</channels>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>fra</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>spa</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>por</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>fra</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

GloverEggs

Try the bottom info again so you can read it.  :-)

Media Info

Containermkv
PathD:\Movies\DC\Aquaman (2018)\Aquaman (2018).mkv

Happy2Play

Emby does not use the nfo metadata info (fileinfo).  So I would assume Emby is having a issue probing this file since there is no media info in the UI.  And if you do a Refresh All on the item?  If media info still does not show, you will need to post a server log for that refresh action.

Edited by Happy2Play

Just to clarify - we do use your nfo files, but the raw media info is something we probe the file for ourselves.

Is it just this one file? is there a possibility of the file being corrupt?

System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for file:"D:\Movies\DC\Aquaman (2018)\Aquaman (2018).mkv" - 

GloverEggs

Always a possibility.  I will try to re-rip tonight or tomorrow and see what happens.  I searched through the debug log to see if any other movies were throwing errors and that was the only one I found (of course), but I have many that aren't showing information (audio, video, subtitles).  I guess I'll try re-ripping those too.

Happy2Play

Always a possibility.  I will try to re-rip tonight or tomorrow and see what happens.  I searched through the debug log to see if any other movies were throwing errors and that was the only one I found (of course), but I have many that aren't showing information (audio, video, subtitles).  I guess I'll try re-ripping those too.

You can test by trying to refresh any item with the same issue and check the log.

GloverEggs

The log only ever showed an error on Aquaman, but I found about 10% of the movies I had done would not show the information.  I have redone about half of them and now have them showing audio, video, and subtitle information.  What is weird is some of these I have had to re-rip more than once or try a different program.  But the good news is I now know what to look for when I load a movie and if it doesn't show up right, I'll re-rip it immediately.

Thank you for the help.  I would have been pulling my hair out trying to track down the cause otherwise.