Marking Film as 'Played', Instantly Gets Unticked

Victorious

Victorious

Tapping the white 'Played' tick on a previously unwatched film, the tick turns red for a brief moment and then reverts to white.

This happens on multiple devices and when logged in as different users.

It does not seem to happen with TV episodes.

Edit: I've just noticed that the "failed" watches have all been logged on Trakt, but they are still considered Unplayed on Emby.

Edited by Victorious

Victorious

This morning, I now notice on Trakt that the “failed” watches from yesterday have disappeared. The TV episode which I marked as played on Emby is still there, however it appears twice, with the same date/time info.

Edited by Victorious

Also, did you at any point install the 4.3 beta and then roll back to 4.2.1? Or previous to that, did you do anything similar while 4.2 was in beta?

Victorious

It happens with the web app as well, the tick turns red briefly then reverts to white.

And no, we didn't install the beta at all.

Thanks for your help :-)

Try refreshing the metadata on one of the items that this is happening with. Then see if you can toggle the watch state after that.

Ok well I realize you said you never tried a beta, but this is consistent with reports from other users who tried 4.2 while it was in beta, then rolled back to 4.1, and then re-upgraded to 4.2 when it was released stable. The going backwards and forwards will cause problems with your database files because the older versions won't be able to understand changes made by the newer versions. You'll need to do this for any titles that were affected, or you could always remove the entire library, run a full scan to flush it out of the database, and then add it back.

Victorious

Hmm strange, we most definitely didn't install any beta versions as we wanted to wait until we knew there was a stable, official release. Odd.

Anyway, I presume if we remove/re-add the library, it will undo any played statuses which already exist? Alternatively, would it be possible to just refresh the metadata of the un-watched films? I will have to mark previously watched films manually, I think, and then those statuses should stick. Would that work?

Happy2Play

Hmm strange, we most definitely didn't install any beta versions as we wanted to wait until we knew there was a stable, official release. Odd.

Anyway, I presume if we remove/re-add the library, it will undo any played statuses which already exist? Alternatively, would it be possible to just refresh the metadata of the un-watched films? I will have to mark previously watched films manually, I think, and then those statuses should stick. Would that work?

Only if the items do not have a external providerid (IMDB, TMDB, TVDB).  All watched statuses are tracked by these providerids in userdata.  So removing and re-adding have no affect on this status.  If the items do not have a providerid then yes removing and re-adding will affect the played status.

• Like 1

Victorious

Only if the items do not have a external providerid (IMDB, TMDB, TVDB).  All watched statuses are tracked by these providerids in userdata.  So removing and re-adding have no affect on this status.  If the items do not have a providerid then yes removing and re-adding will affect the played status.

Thank for the clarification.

Victorious

Yes both of those options will work.

Thanks for your help Luke, everything is back to how it should be now :-)