Photo

Emby TV Shows Suddenly Misnamed. Please Help.

emby anime wrong name misnamed metadata

Best Answer Happy2Play , 16 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

Well TVDB is having all kinds of issues migrating to v3 and TMDB has been having issues with their search endpoint.  So without logs and knowing your library metadata downloader option it is just a guess.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abstruseoni OFFLINE  

abstruseoni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 AM

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

I have a bunch of anime eps that I've been watching, and they were all named properly until yesterday.   Yesterday my internet got turned back on (it was off for a week), and I added a few new episodes of the anime.  Suddenly ALL the episodes have been renamed to "John Dies In The End", which is a movie I don't even have.  I also notice that emby had an update which might have effected metadata..

Any thoughts on what I should try?  

#2 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15726 posts
  • Local time: 02:28 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:25 AM   Best Answer

Well TVDB is having all kinds of issues migrating to v3 and TMDB has been having issues with their search endpoint.  So without logs and knowing your library metadata downloader option it is just a guess.

• abstruseoni likes this

#3 abstruseoni OFFLINE  

abstruseoni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 AM

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Happy2Play!   I removed TVDB from my plugins.  And then I removed the anime eps, and added them back into the library.  Seems to have fixed the issue!

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts
  • Local time: 05:28 AM

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

I would just disable it for the anime library rather than removing it. If you have a regular TV library, then please add it back before coming back and reporting problems with regular TV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emby, anime, wrong name, misnamed, metadata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users