Shield Experience 8.0 (Android 9 PIE)

CBers

Okay, so the Android version upgrade is why it took so long to get this out.

Finally, fixes for the stuttering and HDR will be out there :).

• Like 3

fizzyade

Okay, so the Android version upgrade is why it took so long to get this out.

Finally, fixes for the stuttering and HDR will be out there :).

I've just hit the scary update button, I already had the fixes in the beta release....

...fingers crossed there's no more regressions!

• Like 1

Senna

Just curious, as an Android NOOB (...regretting purchase of Apple TV 4K ;) )... how did PRE-Android Pie handle 'Match Content Color Space" for content played ?

Because on the Apple TV 4K, it was already a standard Apple TV setting, when the Apple TV 4K came out.

Sammy

For a new user or adding new apps this should make things easier. For 4K HDR there's the update too.

For every day use it seems to not add too much as it seems the launcher is the same as UE7.x.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

lightsout

I have had issues with Emby on my Shield with certain UHD movies, even ones that weren't cropped. For example Spider Man Into the Spider Verse the red of his suit was always more of an orange. Just hit the update and all my UHD files work properly. Thats great.

Noticed in the notes apps now have the ability change the resolution to 720p, tried inside emby but it only went to 1080p. Hopefully this is something that gets added in the future?

Coxeroni

I hope the issues where playback suddenly stops on remote play is fixed. Looking forward to testing it.

vdatanet

First thing I've tried is to play a cropped HDR movie, no joy for me issue still persists. Like before, no problem with remux movies. Have you tried to play a HDR cropped movie?

Guest asrequested

First thing I've tried is to play a cropped HDR movie, no joy for me issue still persists. Like before, no problem with remux movies. Have you tried to play a HDR cropped movie?

I was wondering if that was actually fixed. There's nothing in the release notes about it.

I've pretty much lost all faith in the shield. I only use it test for flaws.

Edited by Doofus

lightsout

I only have remuxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBers

Three Shields upgraded.

No issues so far.

I don't have any cropped content.

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately, it looks like this fix did not make the release.

• Like 1

vdatanet

HDR is not enabled when playing cropped content with Emby.

HDR is not enabled when playing cropped content with Emby.

Where is this quote from?

vdatanet

Where is this quote from?

I’ve posted it in Nvidia Forum

pgalbavy

Separate to my previous issues, the update last night killed VC1 playback via Emby. Only noticed this late so not collected any info. Plex plays same BluRay rips fine. Only VC1, other codecs in same MKV containers fine. Audio plays OK and menus plus Stats For Nerds is visible fine but video is black

• Like 1

vdatanet

Separate to my previous issues, the update last night killed VC1 playback via Emby. Only noticed this late so not collected any info. Plex plays same BluRay rips fine. Only VC1, other codecs in same MKV containers fine. Audio plays OK and menus plus Stats For Nerds is visible fine but video is black

I confirm that. When I force transcoding video plays fine. Maybe they removed support for VC1 in Exoplayer or a bug?

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

I hope the issues where playback suddenly stops on remote play is fixed. Looking forward to testing it.

Playback stop is fixed.

Coxeroni

Playback stop is fixed.

Great news, sorry for you cropped people though. Edited by Coxeroni