Shield Experience 8.0 (Android 9 PIE)

CBers

Riggs

Color Space now works properly.

@CBers  please check the forum search, i open another topic that you closed because nothing was found under any of this terms: Shield 8.0,  Android 9,   before create the topic down . Thanks.

Edited by HRSCR

CBers

@CBers  please check the forum search, i open another topic that you closed because nothing was found under any of this terms: Shield 8.0,  Android 9,   before create the topic down . Thanks.

If you search for "Shield 8.0" or "Android 9", this thread shows in the list.

Riggs

If you search for "Shield 8.0" or "Android 9", this thread shows in the list.

Always the same, i don't want a discussion Mr., it was just a report of WHY. If works for you now, great!, automatically  fixed. The End.

CBers

Always the same, i don't want a discussion Mr., it was just a report of WHY. If works for you now, great!, automatically  fixed. The End.

Someone is a bit tetchy today :)

Sammy

WOW! Come on.. RELAX!

BTW, I use the ShieldTV on 7 TV's. Building an HTPC for each gets quite spendy. Even with the ShieldTV's I'm at $1 LARGE.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

CBers

WOW! Come on.. RELAX!

Me and @ are old pals - we're always teasing each other.

Well, I hope so  :unsure:

Sammy

I was referring to a different exchange. Probably should have been two posts.

@

I realize that but actually I only have 2 el cheapo 4K TV's so it doesn't matter much; the ShieldTV's do just fine, so there's no reason to lay out $10 Large.. My main TV is still my TC-P60VT60 Plasma and I don't mind paying the electric bill for that!

Edited by Sammy

Guest asrequested

All good. I just want to be able to play my media the way I choose. I have a large array of formats, that shield just can't keep up.

FrostByte

Lol... I just got lucky

So, still living with your Mom then? :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 5

BillOatman

On my shield last night after the upgrade I tried to take a screenshot, and the shield displayed the header on the TV, then hung.  Had to cycle power to get past it.  Tried it twice with the same result.

The second time I wasn't even in Emby, just at the home screen.

Not Emby related, but beware :)

• Like 1

Sammy

On my shield last night after the upgrade I tried to take a screenshot, and the shield displayed the header on the TV, then hung.  Had to cycle power to get past it.  Tried it twice with the same result.

The second time I wasn't even in Emby, just at the home screen.

Not Emby related, but beware :)

I've updated 4 thus far with no issues.. Hopefully that stays the same.

clarkss12

Separate to my previous issues, the update last night killed VC1 playback via Emby. Only noticed this late so not collected any info. Plex plays same BluRay rips fine. Only VC1, other codecs in same MKV containers fine. Audio plays OK and menus plus Stats For Nerds is visible fine but video is black

I tested my Back to the Future BlueRay rip which is encoded in VC-1, and no video at all.  The audio plays, but only a black screen.  It is Direct Playing.  So, yes, this Nvidia update, killed the Emby VC-1 playback.

Edit: played my BlueRay rip of the "Dirty Dozen", encoded with VC-1 and same thing, audio and black screen.

Edited by clarkss12

fizzyade

I've updated 4 thus far with no issues.. Hopefully that stays the same.

Going to update my other two in a bit, no issues all last night while I was dealing with insomnia!