Shield Experience 8.0 (Android 9 PIE)

CBers

Guest asrequested

That would appear to be the problem. They've messed up the wifi. I hardwired it, and no pausing. Can these people get nothing right?

vdatanet

That would appear to be the problem. They've messed up the wifi. I hardwired it, and no pausing. Can these people get nothing right?

Do you have same SSID for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz? Mine are different and I have no problem playing remuxed 4K HDR over wifi. 

Guest asrequested

Do you have same SSID for 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz? Mine are different and I have no problem playing remuxed 4K HDR over wifi.

Yes, they are the same.

vdatanet

Yes, they are the same.

This is new, they have added an option to choose between 2.4 or 5 Ghz, when same SSID is used. You can set Auto, 2.4, 5 Ghz. Default value is Auto. Try to set 5 Ghz. What's your value for this option?

Edited by vdatanet

Guest asrequested

This is new, they have added an option to choose between 2.4 or 5 Ghz, when same SSID is used. You can set Auto, 2.4, 5 Ghz. Default value is Auto. Try to set 5 Ghz. What's your value for this option?

Already tried that, no change.

vdatanet

Already tried that, no change.

Well, now you know what to do. Booooom

Guest asrequested

Well, now you know what to do. Booooom

I know my local FD. I was thinking about getting their help so I can make a video of blowing it up. That way, it would be spectacular and safe. Next time I see them, I'll ask them.

Coxeroni

Damn, it just stopped again after exactly 17 minutes into an episode :(

"no playable entry"

So far for this issue fixed...

tru4deez

Lates emby tv on shield experience 8, app is broken, all movies & tv series halt after 10+ minutes of play. Emby completely unresponsive on shiled (but continues to play fine on other devices & directly). after awhile, shield reports volley error: timeout for emby. prior to the 8.0 experience upgrade, all media played fine.

vdatanet

Lates emby tv on shield experience 8, app is broken, all movies & tv series halt after 10+ minutes of play. Emby completely unresponsive on shiled (but continues to play fine on other devices & directly). after awhile, shield reports volley error: timeout for emby. prior to the 8.0 experience upgrade, all media played fine.

Wifi or Wired? Experience 8 has broken wifi on some devices.

• Like 1

tru4deez

Wifi, strange thing is, after emby times out, I can still go to the shield & say, watch any other content i.e. amazon, netflix with no issue, can't connect to emby untill I reboot the shield. oh, by the way also when shield can't access emby, I can still use emby connect on my pc to watch content, no issue?

vdatanet

vdatanet, yup it seems like the shield update is causing havic with wireless. switched to wired, content plays no issue.

I suspect there are problems when you have the same SSID for the band 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Mine are different and I have no problems. Do you have the same SSID for both bands?

BillOatman

I suspect there are problems when you have the same SSID for the band 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Mine are different and I have no problems. Do you have the same SSID for both bands?

I also have 2 SSIDs and have had no problems with the wireless. 

joggs

After the upgrade to pie on the shield, all movies with 'digital' multichannel audio formats plays back as 'analog' audio as the receiver switches to dolby PL II etc. Everything still works playing the videos in kodi, eg i get DTS and DD sound there by default. 

There is no transcoding going on and everything worked as supposed before the upgrade.

I've posted a debug log 22.29CET 2019-08-05 where I start  playback of Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame , both with 'analog' audio instead of the supposed dd5.1 or DTS 7.1 audio.

vdatanet

I scanned through the comments and do not see this issue:

Anyone else not able to select letters and have movies display that start with that letter now? I have tried on all of my shields and all are the latest version of Emby and Android TV.

Look at this:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76215-movies-unable-to-click-on-the-letter-and-moves-to-the-movies-of-that-letter/

fizzyade

i’ve had quite a few random restarts since upgrading, never saw the shield do that on the previous version.

anybody elses shield resetting itself?