Emby Server 4.1.1.0 Update causing issues transcoding

AnomalousTech

AnomalousTech

I have update from 4.0 and now I am having major issues with transcoding videos for playback to a Roku. Nothing in my setup changed other than the emby server update. 

I have tried to look at the logs but am unable to make heads or tails of them as I am not use to looking at these sorts of logs. 

Information about my Emby setup

Base is Windows 2012 Server R2

1 x 1TB Hard drive

1x 5TB Hard Drive

Cache is currently set to a USB3.0 Flash drive (this is a trial item. Was set to a folder on the 1TB hard drive prior.)

Transcoding cache is set to a RAM disk. As the transcoding space is temporary and should be quick access I created a RAM disk on my server for the purpose of this. 

Any logs that would be needed please let me know. If others are experiencing this as well I would like to know. If there is anyway I can rollback my Emby Server version that would be helpful as well. 

AnomalousTech

I performed a full uninstall of emby and reinstalled it to validate that wouldn't fix the issue. 

Attached are all the logs in my current log folder. I have validated this only happens when it transcodes or remux videos. If it is 100% direct play none of my roku devices have an issue. 

The issue goes as this. Start to play a file. I can watch transcoding files populate and they are going. Between 15 seconds and a few minutes the playback stops. Emby shows a loading screen. Look at the dashboard and the file is still transcoding and reports as if it is still pushing the file to the Roku. If I stop it at the roku and try to start the file again I get one of two error messages. Either the file is not found or no available streams are possible right now. 

RIght now this is a pretty big bummer for me as I pretty much watch something from my emby server every night. 

Disclaimer: The files attached are for the sole purpose of diagnostics. ANY other user is FORBIDDEN.

logs.zip

Edited by sdh91

Hi there, as a test, if you turn off the server's transcoding throttle feature, do you still have an issue?

AnomalousTech

Yes. I turned it off and on and also tried with and without hardware acceleration. I changed my transcoding location to different locations and medium to make sure it wasn't a read/write issue as well.

I'm currently out of ideas and I think I'm going to rebuild my server today. I've been meaning to put an SSD in it anyway.

AnomalousTech

I have at this time rebuilt my server from scratch and reinstalled emby. I did go ahead and just do windows 10 this time rather than the server 2012 OS. I didn't really need it at this point in time. So far everything is working as it should be again. Not a clue what happen to start with but either way at this point in time things seem to be restored back to normal for me.