CoverArt: Show us your custom Overlay Templates

Senna

Craggles
11 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I really fancy how do your badges look inside my libraries

Thank you very much! 😇

12 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I hope CoverArt plugin will get some lovin' in the indicators department

@ebrIt’s great how different you can make the video thumbnails with this plug-in and a few clicks - as well as being able to customise the indicators themselves. I agree that it would be awesome if the plug-in was updated with the current missing stuff as well as adding any newer categories. ☺️

Being able to reorder the would also be great! Or change the default order from reverse alphabetical to something like:
Resolution - hdr - aspect - video codec - audio codec

• Like 1

Thanks for your work, but Im unable to show the subtitles, only default ones are shown not custom the rest are ok 😅, remove cache image directory and no result, l

Edited by pecha

Craggles
3 hours ago, pecha said:

Thanks for your work, but Im unable to show the subtitles, only default ones are shown not custom

I am afraid I’m unable to help you there, I don’t have any videos that have subtitles to even test them and I definitely don’t have the tech know how. 🥺
I was just making images for Grim Reaper. 😇

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, pecha said:

Thanks for your work, but Im unable to show the subtitles, only default ones are shown not custom the rest are ok 😅, remove cache image directory and no result, l

Need to go over specific example and CA settings.

But don't know the variable of 2 vs 3 letter country codes.  As my test custom image for English is subt_eng.png,

GrimReaper

I can confirm subtitles work with three letter country codes. However, plugin logic doesn't work as I expected: I was counting on it indicating any available/matching subs, hence didn't put custom image for other languages (all my movies/episodes are English subbed by default, whether embedded or external, and local subbed when available) except local Hrv/Srp/Bos but items are getting badges only if the first external subtitle is one of those, i.e. English subrip/Croatian srt is badged, but English srt/Croatian srt is not (though I'm unsure why is English always listed as first - I understand that's the widest audience, but still: English/Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian isn't right by any alphabet in the world). Embedded Croatian subbed items are also not badged (likely for the same reason, as already exist English embedded sub). So unfortunately it doesn't work for my usage case, though I liked the consistency it brings. Too bad. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Craggles
59 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I can confirm subtitles work with three letter country codes

Should I change the names of my images in that case (and what should they be)?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Craggles said:

Should I change the names of my images in that case (and what should they be)?

fre(fra?)/ita/spa/ger(deu?) 

eng/bos/srp/hrv

As per your image above. 

Craggles
58 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

fre(fra?)/ita/spa/ger(deu?) 

eng/bos/srp/hrv

👍🏻

While I’m STILL procrastinating, are there any other flags needed? 😋

IMG_6480.jpeg

11 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I was counting on it indicating any available/matching subs,

It picks the first subtitle stream defined in the file.  CA doesn't have access to any other selection logic plus this is user-specific but the image is not.  So it just shows the first one.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, ebr said:

It picks the first subtitle stream defined in the file.

Not quite sure what do you mean by that, as per above tests, it doesn't look at the subs defined in the file but external subs, as in:

11 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

i.e. English subrip/Croatian srt is badged, but English srt/Croatian srt is not (though I'm unsure why is English always listed as first - I understand that's the widest audience, but still: English/Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian isn't right by any alphabet in the world)

That English external being first is actually messing my installation. 

Craggles
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

CA doesn't have access to any other selection logic

What are the chances of CA including selections for our missing resolutions (hd & sd), hdr, aspects and codecs or are we just dreaming in vain? 🤔

10 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

it doesn't look at the subs defined in the file but external subs

Okay, more correctly, it picks the first subtitle stream defined in Emby metadata.  We may be putting external ones first because our selection logic chooses an external sub over an internal one if all other parameters are equal.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Craggles said:

What are the chances of CA including selections for our missing resolutions (hd & sd), hdr, aspects and codecs or are we just dreaming in vain? 🤔

What missing resolutions?

As for aspect ratios, if you use custom indicators, virtually any aspect is possible.  You would just create the appropriate "aspect_xxxx" image file (removing any '.' or ':')

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

We may be putting external ones first because our selection logic chooses an external sub over an internal one if all other parameters are equal.

Yep, that's in line with what I've surmised, hence:

14 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That English external being first is actually messing my installation. 

Unfortunately, I'm paying for being from a** end of the world. 

13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Unfortunately, I'm paying for being from a** end of the world. 

I don't think it really is language-specific.  For most people, if they went to the trouble to add an external subtitle file (in whatever language), then that is probably the one they care about and, thus, this logic works well in that instance.

Besides, aren't you actually from the head of the world? :) 

GrimReaper
Just now, ebr said:

if they went to the trouble to add an external subtitle file (in whatever language) then that is probably the one they care about and, thus, this logic works well in that instance.

You're not hearing me. If there's both English and any other language external sub present (as in my multi-language household), English always gets listed first. There is no combination of UI language, preferred sub or audio language, anything, that would not list English as first, followed by the rest alphabetically. So no, it does not work well. 

Just now, GrimReaper said:

If there's both English and any other language external sub present

Ah, okay.  I can't really explain how/why English would always be first...

Just to be sure, if you look at the media info section in the web app detail screen, the list of subtitles there matches (meaning English is first)?

It could be as simple as the order in which they were added...

Eigeplackter
On 3/28/2023 at 1:00 AM, Eigeplackter said:

Hmmm just wanted to check if I can give you some other file names, but somehow my CoverArt seems screwed up.

Can only pick those 2 options:

image.png.cfa799156b3e370c38bce11cb6f21527.png

but found an old folder from some1 elses icons:

image.png.39601100b5c5901182a662ae9cee94ba.png

@ebrAny insight, why I can only pick 2 options in media info ?

I reinstalled and made a fresh install after reboot. Didn't change.

Additionally I use the Iconic Image Enhancer.

3 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

@ebrAny insight, why I can only pick 2 options in media info ?

I reinstalled and made a fresh install after reboot. Didn't change.

Additionally I use the Iconic Image Enhancer.

You need to select the indicator type at the top.  It looks like some formatting changes in the server have caused these tabs to not show any indication of being selected anymore so it is difficult to tell what to do.

image.png

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Just to be sure, if you look at the media info section in the web app detail screen, the list of subtitles there matches (meaning English is first)?

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, ebr said:

It could be as simple as the order in which they were added...

That I honestly wouldn't know what is selection method - but it is highly likely/practically ensured that English is always added first, as I've said:

13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

all my movies/episodes are English subbed by default, whether embedded or external, and local subbed when available

If no English subs available for an item - no item goes into my library. Local subs are usually picked up by Emby at the time of import or at a later time via scheduled task. 

After your response, went to check that scenario:

1. Picked an item with only English and Serbian subs (as default, Eng subs added first followed by Srp at a later time) 

2. Added Croatian subs on today's date (as per timestamp) 

3. Result is self-explanatory

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121657.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121513.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121547.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121937.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121845.png

Screenshot 2023-03-30 121911.png

GrimReaper

Did another test, this time with Bosnian subs - and they were placed above/before English subs - so it's not added order. And then it dawned on me: Croatia (local name: Hrvatska) is probably counted as H (subs: .hr, .hrv) and listed as such: Bos (B) / Eng (E) / Cro (H) / Ser (S), which does make it alphabetical. So Emby is actually both correct and incorrect at the same time. Schrödinger's cat. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Eigeplackter
1 hour ago, ebr said:

You need to select the indicator type at the top.  It looks like some formatting changes in the server have caused these tabs to not show any indication of being selected anymore so it is difficult to tell what to do.

image.png

Yes I chose the red circled option, but no luck.

image.thumb.png.52334e24584ce3bdb18a8df2effa76a8.png