CoverArt: Show us your custom Overlay Templates

Senna

Allstar86

Hallo, ich hätte gerne benutzerdefinierte Symbole für HDR und Dolby Vision. Ich habe eine PNG-Datei für beide.

Meine Frage ist, wie soll ich sie benennen? Ich habe HDR.png und DV.png ausprobiert, aber ohne Erfolg.

Edit: I have it unknown in ext_hdr and ext_dv and pointed to the folder volume1/home/emby/plugins/CoverArt/Custom-Overlays but the two png files are not displayed.  Do I have to pay attention to anything?

Edited by Allstar86

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Hi, I'd like to have custom icons for HDR and Dolby Vision. I have a PNG file for both.

My question is, what should I call them? I tried HDR.png and DV.png, but to no avail.

Edit: I have it unknown in ext_hdr and ext_dv and pointed to the folder volume1/home/emby/plugins/CoverArt/Custom-Overlays but the two png files are not displayed.  Do I have to pay attention to anything?

image.png.ee192b3c783ca298212baa6540073389.png

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Allstar86 said:

@Happy2Play

Do the icons have to be a certain size?

I believe so as all of Emby overlays are 102x76.  They can be tweaked a little in previous testing.

I usually use the same size shown in coverart resource folder.

It updates with every plugin update and path with vary per platform but will reside in your Emby Cache folder.  By default Emby builds the set treatment of these resource or your custom path overlay items.  Note everyone will have different resources as they are only gotten on demand when you toggle through options.

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\TEST\programdata\cache\coverart\4.1.27.0\resources

image.thumb.png.8a4b10dc13c63b5ddfa6217cb1e9a3e9.png

On 4/4/2024 at 1:18 PM, Abobader said:

@ebr Dose the CA still not support audio language? @roaku

We're looking at adding that finally.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ebr said:

We're looking at adding that finally.

Well done Ebr!

eMoOak

Hi! Didn't find any answer about the possibility to select the highest resolution overlay when grouping movies. Grouping 1080p with 4K and CA always select the 1080p overlay so you can't identify 4K movies, at a glance. This would be a must have feature for people mixing different movies resolutions. Is there any trick?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, eMoOak said:

Is there any trick?

Sure there is a trick by tagging the item Emby has chosen to represent the grouped versions.

ca-uhd

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, eMoOak said:

Hi! Didn't find any answer about the possibility to select the highest resolution overlay when grouping movies. Grouping 1080p with 4K and CA always select the 1080p overlay so you can't identify 4K movies, at a glance. This would be a must have feature for people mixing different movies resolutions. Is there any trick?

Have not tested but should use highest resolution.

eMoOak
37 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Have not tested but should use highest resolution.

I think I've just identified when it works and when it doesn't.

When you respect naming conventions, it doesn't ; supposed you have :

Movie X (2024)/Movie X (2024) - FHD 1080p.mkv

Movie X (2024)/Movie X (2024) - UHD 4K.mkv

If you group these 2 movies, CA select the lowest resolution overlay (1080p).

If you group 2 movies with whatever names you want, CA select the highest overlay! But with this option you have to deal with the filenames when switching version instead of just switching FHD 1080p or UHD 4K. Not the best UX option IMHO.

eMoOak
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sure there is a trick by tagging the item Emby has chosen to represent the grouped versions.

ca-uhd

This trick works with cases (treatments) but not with indicator overlays ; always showing 1080p despite of tagging ca-uhd