Plugin Catalog Not Allowing Downloads

throgmorton

tmparsons1975

Good Afternoon!  I too am having this issue.  No plugins will download.  Is there anywhere that I could find GameBrowser-Classic.dll to drop that in the plugins folder manually?  Thanks in advance for the help!

throgmorton

Good Afternoon!  I too am having this issue.  No plugins will download.  Is there anywhere that I could find GameBrowser-Classic.dll to drop that in the plugins folder manually?  Thanks in advance for the help!

I added the file to my dropbox location (posted earlier in this thread)

throgmorton

@@ebr I actually managed to download and get the WMC source compiling on my machine so I was able to run it in debug mode and attach the visual studio debugger and found the issue.

The problem is in Kernel.cs in the following function:

/// <summary>
        /// Main response callback, invoked once we have first Response packet from
        /// server.  This is where we initiate the actual file transfer, reading from
        /// a stream.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="asyncResult"></param>
        private void ResponseCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult) {
            Network.WebDownload.State requestState = ((Network.WebDownload.State)(asyncResult.AsyncState));

try {
                WebRequest req = requestState.request;

// HTTP 
                if (requestState.fileURI.Scheme == Uri.UriSchemeHttp) {
                    HttpWebResponse resp = ((HttpWebResponse)(req.EndGetResponse(asyncResult)));
                    requestState.response = resp;
                    requestState.totalBytes = requestState.response.ContentLength;
                }
                else {
                    throw new ApplicationException("Unexpected URI");
                }

// Set up a stream, for reading response data into it
                Stream responseStream = requestState.response.GetResponseStream();
                requestState.streamResponse = responseStream;

// Begin reading contents of the response data
                IAsyncResult ar = responseStream.BeginRead(requestState.bufferRead, 0, requestState.bufferRead.Length, new AsyncCallback(ReadCallback), requestState);

return;
            }
            catch (WebException ex) {
                //Callback to GUI to report an error has occured.
                if (requestState.errorCB != null) {
                    requestState.errorCB(ex);
                }
            }
        }

Basically the problem is the IF statement as your checking against HTTP when you should be check against HTTPS,

So modifying this if statement to:

if (requestState.fileURI.Scheme == Uri.UriSchemeHttps)

Fixes the problem and I was able to download again from the catalog.  I was testing in 3.0.307 but I'm sure this should fix all future versions.

Yeah, thanks, Throg for the investigation.  Something must've changed in the way these responses are coming back from our server.

I guess, more properly, we should check for either type (http || https).

throgmorton

Yeah, thanks, Throg for the investigation.  Something must've changed in the way these responses are coming back from our server.

I guess, more properly, we should check for either type (http || https).

No problem, anything I can do to help as I know you guys are busy tackling other issues.

I think you could also use .StartsWith("http") to catch both as I've seen you guys do that elsewhere in the code.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much.  I think .317 should solve all these recent issues with 4.x of the server.

May I ask if .317 is/will be compatible with the 3.5.3 Emby Server? And what is the timeframe?

I'm in no hurry upgrading Emby Server as long as the /People folder question still is under consideration.

May I ask if .317 is/will be compatible with the 3.5.3 Emby Server? And what is the timeframe?

I'm in no hurry upgrading Emby Server as long as the /People folder question still is under consideration.

It should be compatible now but some things may not work exactly like they have.  For instance, the legacy browsing option is gone.

If you are staying on 3.5.3 and EMC is working for you, I wouldn't update it.

Thanks for the update. My problem is the plugin updates. Nagging me every time I start EMC [emoji41]

Sent from my Galaxy with Tapatalk

throgmorton

Thanks for the update. My problem is the plugin updates. Nagging me every time I start EMC [emoji41]

Sent from my Galaxy with Tapatalk

You should be able to disable the checks for plugin updates in the configuration menu.

Also I'm running on Server 3.6 and haven't had an issue with EMC version 317. Although I never used any of those legacy options to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to disable the checks for plugin updates in the configuration menu.

Also I'm running on Server 3.6 and haven't had an issue with EMC version 317. Although I never used any of those legacy options to begin with.

Sounds good that you have had no problems with 317, thanks.

Guess I'll make myself a decent backup and upgrade EMC tomorrow and see how it works out for me. Suppose 317 is the latest beta.

I have long time ago unchecked both automatic and silent update and I still get the popup. Wonder if the automatic check only is for EMC itself.

It should be compatible now but some things may not work exactly like they have.  For instance, the legacy browsing option is gone.

If you are staying on 3.5.3 and EMC is working for you, I wouldn't update it.

Sorry, but did I miss something here …

Have installed 317 on my testserver (running 4.0.1.0) and it seems I can still browse in EMC the way I prefer (as far I can see from the forum, I'm saved because my libraries are mixed content). 

But, the same problem with the plugin catalog. Had the impression that it should be OK.

But, the same problem with the plugin catalog. Had the impression that it should be OK.

What problem, exactly?

EMC log?

throgmorton

I think that the plugins are nagging him that they have updates available

I just click on the icons on the Catalog page.

After that EMC just does nothing - being unresponsive and a dimmed.

I can use the upper left WMC control buttons, but I have to restart WMC to make EMC responsive again.

The last lines from the log:

2019-01-31 15:58:38.6397,Debug,,GoToPage: resx://MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/ConfigPage,1,Application
2019-01-31 15:58:38.8997,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.0.208:8096/emby/Localization/ParentalRatings?format=Json,1,Application
2019-01-31 15:58:43.7948,Debug,,Keep alive call,, IsCurretntlyVisible=True,1,Application
2019-01-31 15:58:48.6748,Debug,,GoToPage: resx://MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Resources/PluginCatalog#PluginCatalog,1,Application

It btw also happen if I click on the Chocolate icon on the Plug-ins tab under configuration.

Edited by pju

Hi.  Can you please attach the entire log?

Also, are there any errors or information items in Windows Event viewer?

throgmorton

Well the last couple of lines seem to suggest you went to the config page but I don't see any action showing you clicked on update the plugins...

That is correct - I never get that far.

On the screenshot you can se Ascendancy Theme greyed because I clicked it.

And this is as far as I get.

post-151602-0-42844100-1548949353_thumb.png

Can you please uninstall Square (just move the dll somewhere out of the plugins folder) and then try again?

throgmorton

Yeah maybe the fact that the square theme isn't in the repository is causing it to hang for some reason, you could just temporarily rename it to like square.dll.bck or something and it won't load and hopefully that will stop it from hanging.