Audio metadata display incorrect on Pie

trifleneurotic

trifleneurotic

Hello all!

I just moved from Subsonic (using DSub on Android mobile) to Emby for my music as well as my videos. And for the most part it is doing pretty well now.

However, I noticed that an issue that had been reported for DSub is also currently manifesting itself in the Emby Android app in a very similar manner (with properly tagged and permissioned MP3 files). It has to do with BT metadata. It appears that, in Android 9 Pie, metadata display doesn't work like it used to with previous versions of the OS. Specifically, the song title is duplicated in the album name field now.

I am not sure why this is but I think it may be only affecting those with Pie (I have a stock Google Pixel 2). I apologize in advance if this may have been already reported; I tried to find via the forum search but was unsuccessful. I have the most recent version of the Emby Android app as of this post.

Many thanks!

Edited by landgazr

trifleneurotic

Sorry, was probably using the wrong terminology :(

I was just referring to the MP3 audio metadata sent by the Emby app (ID3 data right?) over Bluetooth (BT) to a media player (in this case my Subaru!) and displayed on my dash (currently that data is displaying incorrectly). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with Bluetooth AVRCP profile...?

FWIW, I am running server version 3.6.0.81-beta. I can grab logs from my phone if necessary but I wasn't sure if that was relevant here.

Edited by landgazr

So you're playing from our android app to another media player? How do you do that exactly?

trifleneurotic

What I probably should have said is that my phone (Google Pixel 2) connects to my car audio system for Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth calling. Then I play music with the Emby app to my car audio system :)

So you're saying the same audio file will display differently depending on if it was played first or second?

trifleneurotic

I tried it again this morning. It looks like DSub does this, but not the Emby Android app. In that case, it does it from the first song. In other words, as soon as I start playing music, the first song and all other songs after that display metadata incorrectly when using the Emby Android app.

Edited by landgazr

trifleneurotic

Photo attached! The album name field has the song title in it instead.

post-169905-0-71319400-1547138357_thumb.jpg

Edited by landgazr

Ok thanks, we'll look into this.

Actually over the next few weeks we'll be rewriting the way the app reports playback to the system and that will possibly end up taking care of this.

It's hard to guarantee though because I know we've already been over this several times in terms of making sure all the fields on the system media session are set correctly. Thanks.

• Like 1

trifleneurotic

No problem. Sorry for the misunderstandings but thank you for your help and assistance!

Just registered here to report this Issue. It's not a problem just with Bluetooth, but generally in PIE apparently. I ran into this while Creating a basic Media Control Widget for Emby and was Confused when my Widget didn't show the Correct Media Data. I already thought my Library messed up

Apparently the Problem is mostly about Audiobooks. With normal Music the Metadata were shown Correctly, but with an Audiobook I tested the Album wasn't shown correctly