Spotta

ET restarts all files after 1-2 minutes if skip to next episode is pressed on remote

thelostjuice

I'm having this issue as well (for the last month or two). It's very inconsistent. If I were to guess, I'd say one out of every 20 times times I start playback, 1-2 minutes in it will randomly start over at the beginning. Don't have any logs (can try to grab next time it happens).

Edited by thelostjuice

Spotta

I'll to do a little more extensive testing, if I get enough time. I should probably use the same mpv build that you are, too. I may grab theater from Git and run it as a portable with none of my tweaks.

I'll be honest, this is a minor inconvenience compared to not being able to watch in-progress recordings while recording and even when they are finished not until up to the next library scan which happens every 12 hours. 

Guest asrequested

I'll be honest, this is a minor inconvenience compared to not being able to watch in-progress recordings while recording and even when they are finished not until up to the next library scan which happens every 12 hours.

Do you have real time monitoring, enabled? My recordings show up straight away. Having said that, I made a library for my tv recordings which monitors the folder where the server records them.

Spotta

Same, and real time monitoring is on, however I'll keep the info to my other thread.

480 .mkv's doing the same

5c1521dc1b025_embyrestart2.jpg

Theater-mpv-log.txt

Deathsquirrel

It looks like I'm getting the same thing on my xbox copy of ET as well.  Need anything tested there?

PrincessClevage

I am also experiencing similar symptoms with ET running on htpc

Luke

Yes, the more info the better would be great as far as what conditions this happens under, and when it does not. Thanks.

Deathsquirrel

@@Luke I'm sending you a server log and media info.  It was How the Grinch Stole Christmas played back to an xbox ET client on the 16th.

daedalus

just stumbled over another 2 minutes thing

if you hit "back" to exit on the spinning circle while auto advancing to the next episode, ET jumps back to the menu, all good so far, but then, magically after exactly 2 minutes, it starts the episode it was trying to play previously

there surely must be some 2 minutes timer anywhere that gets triggered here

Edited by daedalus

Luke

That's what i'm trying to hunt down.

Luke

This shouldn't be related, but just for testing, can you disable the app's screensaver and then see if it still happens? Thanks.

daedalus

i never used the screensaver in ET

PrincessClevage

I had some trouble getting a movie to play and then disabled local trailers the the problem video played fine but restarted after 2mins, could it have anything to do with cinema mode? I still have custom intros enabled

Luke

I had some trouble getting a movie to play and then disabled local trailers the the problem video played fine but restarted after 2mins, could it have anything to do with cinema mode? I still have custom intros enabled

If you disable cinema mode, does the issue occur?

Guest asrequested

For what it's worth, I reproduced it with cinema mode, disabled.

PrincessClevage

For what it's worth, I reproduced it with cinema mode, disabled.

i have only tried two movies so far with cinema mode disabled and the issue has not yet occurred.

Luke

Interesting, thanks.

daedalus

i also have cinema mode disabled

Deathsquirrel

In my test the screensaver was off already so I've now turned off cinema mode on the client.  Looks like I still have the issue.  About two minutes in The Grinch died again.

Poor Grinch.

pmac

@@Luke, is there any more info that may help you hunt down this issue? From what I've noticed, it seems to be every time I use the FF button to skip through the end credits, and the following episode will restart after what seems to be exactly 2 minutes, every time. When I get a chance, I'll update this post to see if it happens to me without skipping the end credits, and letting them play through.

Luke

So you're saying that if you don't press FF then it's fine?

daedalus

this never happened without a button press

pmac

So you're saying that if you don't press FF then it's fine?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Luke

Thanks for the info. I will try and reproduce it.

daedalus

any fruit of months of hard work?