New Statistics plugin

reggi

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, nightknight said:

My library scan takes a few hours.

Out of curiosity, approx. how many items your collection contains? 

nightknight

It would be neat if statistics had a feature so you could expand those media formats and show the locations of the files. 

It could expand to show name then expand  to see seasons etc to get to episode name/location. 

hackthis02
27 minutes ago, nightknight said:

It would be neat if statistics had a feature so you could expand those media formats and show the locations of the files. 

It could expand to show name then expand  to see seasons etc to get to episode name/location. 

Given the size of some people's libraries, I'm not sure I could do that in a way that won't bring the browser to a crawl. But if you're just wanting to know what file is what, or quickly track down a file with invalid data. you can check the log when debugging is enabled. 

2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities Friday 720p
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities-episode 12 oz. Mouse: Hired SD
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieCodecs Friday h264
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieCodecs-episode 12 oz. Mouse: Hired mpeg4

• Like 1

nightknight

I cant say for certain. before the update when i removed the library and re add then it seemed to work. then statistics updated and it still works, i was able to find the files in question causing the error and now everything works. 

Thanks!

Edited by nightknight
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
hackthis02
6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@hackthis02this may affect the plugin hitting the cache instead of the database.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it.

• 3 weeks later...
ChaoOos

Hi, can I also make suggestions on what I would like for the statistics plugin?

1. With the overview of how many films/series you have and in what quality, it would be very good if you could find a link to the number. Then all films/series will be displayed separately. "General statistics -> Media Codecs"
I have a film with VC1 and I have to search for it individually 🙂

2. Is it possible to exclude folders from the statistics in the future? I would like some films/series not to be displayed in the statistics. I can allow folder access for my users. Would it also be possible for the plugin?

• 3 weeks later...
Junglejim

@hackthis02Hi mate, just noticed something strange with TV Show studios/networks..

Screenshot_2023-04-20_20-04-17.png.2f76f7d26b21bb8bde0c7be2a3d21353.png

I don't have 158 studios/networks in my emby tv library not sure where that value comes from or if this bug has been reported before?

This is my emby tv network library..

Screenshot_2023-04-20_20-04-48.thumb.png.90379445337b3d9d4f8ddc20ecf1fa08.png

I'm not to sure about the movie studio value either...

Screenshot_2023-04-20_20-14-04.png.37a090e4c3e4eeebfbfb9d5f2a156b5c.png

This could be right but I thought there would have been more studios than movies?

Not a big deal, I bet nobody even notices. ;)

hackthis02
4 hours ago, Junglejim said:

@hackthis02Hi mate, just noticed something strange with TV Show studios/networks..

I don't have 158 studios/networks in my emby tv library not sure where that value comes from or if this bug has been reported before?

This could be right but I thought there would have been more studios than movies?

Nope this is a new one. I'll look into it. 

Side question, did you have to enable something to get that many options on the top bar? I was just looking and mine only has 5 and networks isn't one of them.

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

Side question, did you have to enable something to get that many options on the top bar? I was just looking and mine only has 5 and networks isn't one of them.

Default is 8, Collection pops up is you actually have item(s) added to collection. Which 5?

hackthis02
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Default is 8, Collection pops up is you actually have item(s) added to collection. Which 5?

Shows Movies Collections Genres Folders

• 1 month later...
Geisti01

Strange behaviour here:
I have one user who is completely missing in statistics.xml ... if i try to see user-based statistics and choose this particular user, nothing is happening...
Already reinstalled the plugin, deleted the xml, but the error is still there...
Plugin-Version 3.0.7.5
Emby Server: 4.7.11.0
Any suggestions?

hackthis02
3 hours ago, Geisti01 said:

Strange behaviour here:
I have one user who is completely missing in statistics.xml ... if i try to see user-based statistics and choose this particular user, nothing is happening...
Already reinstalled the plugin, deleted the xml, but the error is still there...
Plugin-Version 3.0.7.5
Emby Server: 4.7.11.0
Any suggestions?

Do you see anything in the log? Enable Debug logging if you first don't see anything. Also doesn't this user have any odd or special characters in their name that might be causing an issue?

Geisti01

I am really confused... I know it was working for this user. No special letters or anything in the name. And i cannot see anything conspicuous in the log - even debug log..
Or is there any way to enable special log for statistics? I only know how to enable debug for emby-server.

hackthis02
2 hours ago, Geisti01 said:

I am really confused... I know it was working for this user. No special letters or anything in the name. And i cannot see anything conspicuous in the log - even debug log..
Or is there any way to enable special log for statistics? I only know how to enable debug for emby-server.

No, enabling it for the server, enables it for plugins as well.  Can you post the log? I'll take a look at it.

hackthis02
On 4/20/2023 at 5:47 AM, Junglejim said:

You should see the correct number of networks and studios now.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
9 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

You should see the correct number of networks and studios now.

Cheers mate, perfect! 👍

• 2 months later...
ChaoOos
On 3/29/2023 at 2:05 PM, ChaoOos said:

1. With the overview of how many films/series you have and in what quality, it would be very good if you could find a link to the number. Then all films/series will be displayed separately. "General statistics -> Media Codecs"

2. Is it possible to exclude folders from the statistics in the future? I would like some films/series not to be displayed in the statistics. I can allow folder access for my users. Would it also be possible for the plugin?

Hi, is part 2 possible?

hackthis02
On 3/29/2023 at 7:05 AM, ChaoOos said:

For number 1, enable debug logging then let the plugin run. It will print out all the movies and episodes with their codec and resolution. 

3 hours ago, ChaoOos said:

Hi, is part 2 possible?

I don't believe it's built-in to Emby to handle that for plugins. I'll have to do some research. If I have to build the functionality from scratch, it'll be a while if it happens.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
hackthis02

I just published and update for the plugin. There are two main things

1.  Did a rewrite on the UI side to bring it up to code with the plugin standards. @Lukesaid this should fix issues people are seeing in the beta builds. If not, as always, I'll fix them when the stable version is released.
  2. I added least watched shows. Same deal as most watched shows. This should help people that want to remove a series for space. it is a BREAKING CHANGE! You will need to run the scheduled task before the statistics page will load correctly.

I'm sure there will be some bugs/issues with such a big change. Please report them here with a copy of your debug enabled log. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

DarWun
On 1/30/2024 at 11:34 PM, hackthis02 said:
  1.  Did a rewrite on the UI side to bring it up to code with the plugin standards. @Lukesaid this should fix issues people are seeing in the beta builds. If not, as always, I'll fix them when the stable version is released.

Thanks @hackthis02!  It did indeed fix the issues I was seeing with the 4.8 beta builds. I'll report back if I see anything weird.

Edited by DarWun
  • Thanks 1

hd4fun

Thanks for your work on this plugin

Just want to say thanks !

took about 3-4 minutes to run a full stats on my 20k items, after that it takes about 1 minute

had to uninstall and then re-install after upgrading tp 4.80.0.80  - if it helps anyone else