New Statistics plugin

reggi

nightknight
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Do you still have an issuw with plugin update?  Resolves error in my test.

im having same error after plugin update,

2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: First 12
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Awaken
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Adrift
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: You Made This
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Because They Could
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Reveal
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Prime Time Nursery Rhyme
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Here We Come
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Portal to the Doorway
2023-02-20 21:15:57.707 Debug Statistics: Final Beginning
2023-02-20 21:15:57.708 Debug XmlSerializer: Serializing to file C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\Statistics.xml
2023-02-20 21:15:57.712 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=9638e7b5-5a7a-44ca-982f-7b85014f348f&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.21&X-Emby-Language=en-us. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2023-02-20 21:15:57.713 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 127.0.0.1. Time: 1ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=9638e7b5-5a7a-44ca-982f-7b85014f348f&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.21&X-Emby-Language=en-us
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities Friday 720p
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieQualities-episode 12 oz. Mouse: Hired SD
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieCodecs Friday h264
2023-02-20 21:15:57.717 Debug Statistics: CalculateMovieCodecs-episode 12 oz. Mouse: Hired mpeg4
2023-02-20 21:15:57.720 Debug Statistics: CalculateMostWatchedShows 12 oz. Mouse 0
2023-02-20 21:15:57.720 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.0.21
Command line: C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22623
Framework: .NET 6.0.10
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: C:/Users/Laptop/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application path: C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.CalculateMostWatchedShows(UpdateModel tvdbData)
at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.IScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_IndexException()

i use some random media 1 episode/movie

Junglejim
7 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

Fixed the large movie issue. Might look at the formatting later. Don't really want to put that much effort into something no one should really see.

Hi @hackthis02 I'm getting some strange text with what should read "Largest Movie" with the latest update 3.0.6.5.

Also the movie title text doesn't seem to wrap like the other tiles and just gets truncated...

Screenshot_2023-02-21_17-16-22.thumb.png.222143b90de8b017bfdb2ad8bde5a173.png

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by Junglejim

steveblair
9 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Hi @hackthis02 I'm getting some strange text with what should read "Largest Movie" with the latest update 3.0.6.5.

Also the movie title text doesn't seem to wrap like the other tiles and just gets truncated...

Anyone else seeing this?

I can confirm I see the same thing (well, not the same exact text, but definitely not the "Largest Movie" title)

hackthis02
9 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Anyone else seeing this?

41 minutes ago, steveblair said:

I can confirm I see the same thing (well, not the same exact text, but definitely not the "Largest Movie" title)

Ahh yes, that is some debug data that I forgot to remove. I just pushed a fix, sorry. You'll have to run the scheduled task after updating for it to be removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nightknight

statistics version 3.0.6.6 is still failing for me. I re-installed emby and run a scan on an empty library and a collection of stuff but it fails each time instalntly. same error. are there files that emby uninstaller dont remoe from the system? how can i still have an indexing error on an empy library that ==0?

hackthis02
4 minutes ago, nightknight said:

@cayarsBeing tech support and all i would assume read my post. but its evident you didnt

No need to be snippy. We're all here to help each other. Given that I'm unable to reproduce your issue. I've having trouble debugging it. 

The folder locations are:

Windows:

%appdata/Emby

Linux:

/Var/lib/Emby

You can uninstall then clear out those folder and it should be wiped. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

No need to be snippy. We're all here to help each other. Given that I'm unable to reproduce your issue. I've having trouble debugging it. 

The folder locations are:

Windows:

%appdata/Emby

Linux:

/Var/lib/Emby

You can uninstall then clear out those folder and it should be wiped. 

Looking at the exception, it should be easy to fix even without being able to reproduce. Something is trying to access a list element that is outside the bounds of the list. I would probably suggest looking at why it gets to that point to begin with, but if you just want a quick and dirty fix to make the error go away, you can always use the linq method .ElementAtOrDefault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nightknight said:

@cayarsBeing tech support and all i would assume read my post. but its evident you didnt

I mentioned it based on just a couple messages mentioning the error/exception, Index out of range and the message mentioning the empty library which depending on code could easily produce that type of message if the code tries to access the first record without checking to see if any records are present.

I figured it would be worth a simple test like adding one media file to the library. :)

nightknight

I tried reinstalling EMBY figuring it will remove the library files? if this is the case then i dont know why it still fails. Like i said, i tried reinstalling emby/statistics. i tried adding just 1 movie/1 episode and setting it as wateched etc. i just get the same error every time. 

My point is, how can there be an indexing error on an empty library. and what are the chances that every media file i tried to use has some error. There is either some residual EMBY server libaray file that are not removed with an uninstall or there is some unknown compatibility issue with all of my systems. Im running windows 11 latest version.

Edited by nightknight

hackthis02
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Looking at the exception, it should be easy to fix even without being able to reproduce. Something is trying to access a list element that is outside the bounds of the list. I would probably suggest looking at why it gets to that point to begin with, but if you just want a quick and dirty fix to make the error go away, you can always use the linq method .ElementAtOrDefault.

I've already looked into that. I'm not directly accessing any array. The function in question does have a FindIndex() but then checks that it's valid.

hackthis02
4 hours ago, nightknight said:

I tried reinstalling EMBY figuring it will remove the library files? if this is the case then i dont know why it still fails. Like i said, i tried reinstalling emby/statistics. i tried adding just 1 movie/1 episode and setting it as wateched etc. i just get the same error every time. 

My point is, how can there be an indexing error on an empty library. and what are the chances that every media file i tried to use has some error. There is either some residual EMBY server libaray file that are not removed with an uninstall or there is some unknown compatibility issue with all of my systems. Im running windows 11 latest version.

Yes, this is odd. I added checks and routes specifically for zero libraries.

If you haven't tried this, check the list count before using FindIndex to make sure there are items to process.

hackthis02
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you haven't tried this, check the list count before using FindIndex to make sure there are items to process.

Added that check with the last update.

• Like 1

hackthis02
On 2/19/2023 at 7:07 PM, Happy2Play said:

Box size don't revert from View user-based statistics box sizes. Only does it backing out of that stats button (arrow back or go back button)

Example as it affects all boxes on page.

image.png.1ff6ad35dc41afe62144dec47f98da4b.png

Was able to reproduce this. It seems to only happen when returning from the User-based statistics. I'll looking into the differences.

Junglejim

Hi @hackthis02, is there anyway to filter out library's like "Top Picks"?

Screenshot_2023-02-25_17-45-09.png.2c677d443163ab6d41a2761d73ec13c1.png

Res not Available & Unknown are both from "Top Picks" strm files, plus the total movie count is +9 as a result.

I know what's going on but some peeps could get confused. Not sure if it's doable, just a thought I'd ask. :)

hackthis02
On 2/25/2023 at 1:24 AM, Junglejim said:

Hi @hackthis02, is there anyway to filter out library's like "Top Picks"?

Screenshot_2023-02-25_17-45-09.png.2c677d443163ab6d41a2761d73ec13c1.png

Res not Available & Unknown are both from "Top Picks" strm files, plus the total movie count is +9 as a result.

I know what's going on but some peeps could get confused. Not sure if it's doable, just a thought I'd ask. :)

So, I don't want to filter that list, but I've added tooltips to each section to instruct the users how to find the entries responsible, so they can fix them if wanted.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
On 28/02/2023 at 03:18, hackthis02 said:

So, I don't want to filter that list, but I've added tooltips to each section to instruct the users how to find the entries responsible, so they can fix them if wanted.

Yea no probs mate, all good. The tool tip is enough and lets people know how to track them down.

Nice work on the latest update! Fixing the glitch with the cards when returning from "User-based statistics".👍

nightknight

My statistics plugin wont work it fails on empty library. it fails in every scenario you and i have tried. ive reinstalled emby etc. Apart from your "magical fix" version you sent me some time back i cant get statistics to work at all. but i guess if your not having an issue it must not be a problem. ive been complaing about this issue for a long time now.. At what point should i stop aking for help because no one seems to want to. 

Edited by nightknight

nightknight

I feel like being nice so ill lyk how i fixed it. Even after reinstalling emby and all the packages required to run it, it had no effect of my error. The only way i could get statistics to work is if i add some media files, then let the scan fail instantly, then remove the recently added library and rescan. 

IDK where this "index" is but it || statistics is not completel in the emby server folder or there is some residual files that need cleaned up during an uninstall that the uninstaller does not remove

hackthis02
1 hour ago, nightknight said:

I feel like being nice so ill lyk how i fixed it. Even after reinstalling emby and all the packages required to run it, it had no effect of my error. The only way i could get statistics to work is if i add some media files, then let the scan fail instantly, then remove the recently added library and rescan. 

IDK where this "index" is but it || statistics is not completel in the emby server folder or there is some residual files that need cleaned up during an uninstall that the uninstaller does not remove

I'm sorry, I got sidetracked. I was re-reviewing your log and I think I found your issue. It didn't know how to handle If you had less then 3 shows. I just pushed an update. Tell me if it fixes your issue.

nightknight

Do i need to wait for emby to finish scanning the media library before i run statistics scan? Im adding in librarys 1 at a time untill i get to the problem one. Ever since i got it to work the first time its been working in my test enviroment and even after the update. On my main server its still failing after 30 minutes at 84%.

This could indicate an actual error with my library. finding the error could go alot faster if i dont have to wait for emby to scan everything in. is it critical i wait for emby library scan to finish before running statistics scan?

I dont want to have to delete my whole library as i spent alot of time manually specifying movie names etc. hopefully i dont have to do that

Edited by nightknight

hackthis02
7 minutes ago, nightknight said:

Do i need to wait for emby to finish scanning the media library before i run statistics scan? Im adding in librarys 1 at a time untill i get to the problem one. Ever since i got it to work the first time its been working in my test enviroment and even after the update. On my main server its still failing after 30 minutes at 84%.

This could indicate an actual error with my library. finding the error could go alot faster if i dont have to wait for emby to scan everything in. is it critical i wait for emby library scan to finish before running statistics scan?

I dont want to have to delete my whole library as i spent alot of time manually specifying movie names etc. hopefully i dont have to do that

You don't have to wait for the library scan to finish, statistics will only run the numbers for the part you scanned.

Are you saying the library scan takes over 30 minutes or the statistics task?

nightknight
2 minutes ago, hackthis02 said:

You don't have to wait for the library scan to finish, statistics will only run the numbers for the part you scanned.

Are you saying the library scan takes over 30 minutes or the statistics task?

My library scan takes a few hours. statistics takes about 30ish minutes.