#21 jlr19 OFFLINE  

jlr19

Sr Noob

• Members
  • 1064 posts
  • Local time: 04:44 PM
  • LocationLower Canada

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Case in point, this search should only yields 2 results, here they appear as 10th and 11th . . .

5bba192da51a8_Capture.png

• topbanana likes this

#22 topbanana OFFLINE  

topbanana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Local time: 05:44 AM

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

I am really interested by this added feature, how will I get it eventually?

Happy2Play has queued it up in github, so it should be in the beta channel soon i gather, then stable soon after that?
Just install the Reports plugin and the path column will eventually be there after an update.

I've been able to just scan down the list in emby, without having to resort to exporting it to excel... I just zoomed into the page in chrome to make the text massive, and shifted the window to the left to obscure the common part of the path, that's the same for all my films, such that only the film's filename is visible.  Then it's quite manageable to check the filename against the title/year for each.
I have 4,600 movies now, so that confidence of there being zero errors is non existent... and the history of finding errors, some repeatedly after rebuilds, the same errors each time, and the new ones that were seemingly correct before, but now get IDed wrong...  

Future...
Obviously, this is a great step.  This functionality enables us to practically find the errors.  It takes time to check each item, but it's possible...  Just do a letter or two a day, otherwise you go cross-eyed! :-D
To streamline this task tho, sometime in the future, it would be awesome to add some tools, tricks, to help with this.
The obvious trick, that would work for most files, for most people, possibly... would be to remove, or dim, the movies where the filename 'title (year).mkv', perhaps excluding any bracketed tags, perfectly matches the 'title' and 'year' emby IDed.  This i guess is fairly possible?  This should remove the majority of items, leaving only the movies with foreign names included or variations in the title regionally... and of course the errors...  So it would cut the time down to a small fraction.
Other tricks will help others with different structures, and 
I think if/when some others try this simple error check out, they'll realise how many errors are in their libraries, and they'll join us in requesting better tools to help fine them.

And I salute @topbanana's persistence and well presented case and arguments.

No worries.  We knew it was an obvious feature that was needed.  And i land up rebuilding emby's libraries more often that most probbo... (OS clean installs... and forgetting to backup emby! lol)
As above.  To recognise the need for a fix, you have to know that their's a problem to begin with...  and i'd guess most emby users don't realise how many errors there are in their libraries, how many errors the movie databases return to emby when it searches them, as you point out...  Most just stumble across the odd one or two... and that's not enough to trigger them to head to the forums to rant about it...

We can't avoid these errors, so emby now has a tool/method to find them...  So emby is even better now!

#23 TylerV76 OFFLINE  

TylerV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

I am glad you have no errors/misidentified, and yes, sorting your library by descending date added is useful to catch recent stuff, but not so much on larger collections.

As far as your statement file (and path) are properly tagged warrants no issues, I disagree. I am constantly searching movies on themoviedb and tv show on tvdb.com and I am always astonished by the numbers of search results I am getting (some so far off it's almost funny) from an otherwise PERFECTLY named search. What I really don't get is sometime you find a perfect match, but only scrolling down to the 5th results for instance. How can anyone expect Emby to always grab the right data when the website it depends upon is so "loose".

My movie folder shows 1534 items, all correctly identified. I get that some people may have issues as none of our file lists are the same. My point simply being, not everyone has this issue. I couldnt tell you the last time I needed to correct a file, with the exception of the TV series reboot issue. 

This is after multiple reinstalls on different systems while trying to find what server worked best. 

Im not doing anything special so Im not quite sure why I don't have any problems but Im glad to see the OP got what was needed to correct their issue.

#24 jlr19 OFFLINE  

jlr19

Sr Noob

• Members
  • 1064 posts
  • LocationLower Canada

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

jlr19, on 07 Oct 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:snapback.png

I am really interested by this added feature, how will I get it eventually?

Happy2Play has queued it up in github, so it should be in the beta channel soon i gather, then stable soon after that?
Just install the Reports plugin and the path column will eventually be there after an update.

I've heard that little wonder is available in beta, but where and how do I find it?

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140343 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

It depends on emby server 3.6, so you won't get the updated plugin until you have the next release of emby server.

#26 jlr19 OFFLINE  

jlr19

Sr Noob

• Members
  • 1064 posts
  • LocationLower Canada

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:07 PM

I posted a manual update here as v1.0.24 is updated for beta server.

I believe this is a more accurate answer.

But thank you for allowing it...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: errors, filename, title, tool, reports, year, path, misidentified, identification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users