Emby Classic For WMC Causes Emby Server Crash

bling26

Just bring up that movie in the web app and look at the actors.  Are there any with foreign characters in their name?

Just bring up that movie in the web app and look at the actors.  Are there any with foreign characters in their name?

Oh yeah, lol good idea... and no, nothing odd.

post-13718-0-75230400-1539884401_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have been using Emby Theater for a while now and it is nice HOWEVER I really miss my EMC! I Completely uninstalled my Emby Server and wiped all settings. I attempted to downgrade the server however that turned out to be more difficult than I expected. Lost interest and just reinstalled the newest release version and restored from emby backup. Confirmed all is back the way I left it HOWEVER, it seems that my EMC is working again!!!! I SO HAPPY! I am not sure what changed but it is fixed. I swear I already tried the uninstall/reinstall of the server but maybe I didn't. Regardless, all is well and I am happy, this issue can be considered resolved :)

• 1 month later...

Well dang, my Emby Server has started to "crash" again like before however now it is also doing it with Emby Theater. It is clearly some sort of image issue cause right before it "crashes" it fails to display images. A quick force quit of the Emby Server and restart of it and the issue goes away until the next time. The next time can sometimes be in a minute or days. It is all so weird. I have used this software since Media Browser 2.x and never had any issues but it seems to be getting worse :(  I feel like the more platforms that are supported and more features that are integrated is causing the core program to suffer and that makes me sad. I am still eager for Server 3.6.

• 1 month later...

Well, I have the new server and it is working great however I still sometimes have the same issue where my Emby server still goes "offline" and it does seem to be related to retrieving images. Its almost like there is some sort of permission issue. My primary HTPC running Emby Theater and Classic has read access to all images and metadata. The odd thing is my buddy has the same issue with his system. We both have similar setups including Emby server running on Server 2016 using Drive Bender as a HDD pooling software. His primary end user device is Nvidia Shield. Although this issue seems to be happening less and less for me, it still happens at times and you can understand it is very frustrating. I always have to RDP to my Server 2016 box and manually restart the Emby Server program.

@@bling26 we have a couple confirmations of this being improved in the beta channel and we'll have a new stable any day now with those changes. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
bling26

I really liked Emby Classic however Windows has made it way too difficult to keep Media Center alive. I have moved on and abandoned Emby Classic. I now use Emby Theater which works great however I still would prefer the look and feel of Classic. Since I have moved on, this thread can be closed. Thanks everyone for the great help and input!

• Like 1