56 replies to this topic

#41 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Yes, it seems that it local connection with the NFS share. 

Any idea, on all the things I have posted?

#42 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137741 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 PM

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

This is highly specific to your setup so unfortunately not at this point.

I think @mastrmind11 is seasoned with NFS and might have some ideas. Thanks.

#43 mastrmind11 OFFLINE  

mastrmind11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2770 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

What does iperf look like between your server and your NAS?  Set iperf to a bitrate that matches one of the movies your trying to play.  It's very clearly a network issue, but I doubt it's driver related as both CIFS and specifically NFS were designed for moving data over a network.  They do come w/ an overhead so if your NFS server is terribly underpowered, that might cause issues.  What is the filesystem of your NAS?  What does your fstab look like?  What version of NFS are you using? etc etc etc

Edited by mastrmind11, 12 September 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#44 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

This is highly specific to your setup so unfortunately not at this point.

I think @mastrmind11 is seasoned with NFS and might have some ideas. Thanks.

Hello,

I can not understand how can it be my setup if I am able to reach 1gbps between my server and my device, finding that on internet explorer and my mobile phone, I am being able to watch every movie/serie, but that on chrome, firefox and chromecast I am not able. Also pasted the images in where you can see that emby is using different network speeds when trying to display the same movie on different devices.

May I am wrong but if it would be a network issue, don't you think that on all devices I will be having errors?.

Also I have found now that some movies are having its photograph missing in chrome also, but not in explorer:

kECVBNTvTWq1dapi-LL21w.png

Is that also a problem of my setup?

What does iperf look like between your server and your NAS?  Set iperf to a bitrate that matches one of the movies your trying to play.  It's very clearly a network issue, but I doubt it's driver related as both CIFS and specifically NFS were designed for moving data over a network.  They do come w/ an overhead so if your NFS server is terribly underpowered, that might cause issues.  What is the filesystem of your NAS?  What does your fstab look like?  What version of NFS are you using? etc etc etc

Hello,

I will try iperf tomorrow, I have never use it before, so I will need to see how it goes. About the filesystem and how it is mounted, I am currently using freenas with ZFS. Here is my dataset config:

Dt6bfdruRUebOd647nRTOw.png

Here my NFS server config:

pSxQH-yWTs2Eq4gF9pTlZw.png

And here my fstab:

192.168.1.202:/mnt/Volumen1/media /mnt/media  nfs rw,async,hard,intr,noexec 0 0

And as I was telling I am able to reach the 1gbps between the NFS server, the hosts with emby, and the device that needs to play the movie/serie.

Please let me know if you might think something is wrong on my config and I will be testing it. I also changed the dataset to run async and the NFS with UDP but it didn't solve the problem

#45 mastrmind11 OFFLINE  

mastrmind11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2770 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

Hello,

I can not understand how can it be my setup if I am able to reach 1gbps between my server and my device, finding that on internet explorer and my mobile phone, I am being able to watch every movie/serie, but that on chrome, firefox and chromecast I am not able. Also pasted the images in where you can see that emby is using different network speeds when trying to display the same movie on different devices.
May I am wrong but if it would be a network issue, don't you think that on all devices I will be having errors?.
Also I have found now that some movies are having its photograph missing in chrome also, but not in explorer:

kECVBNTvTWq1dapi-LL21w.png

Is that also a problem of my setup?

Hello,

I will try iperf tomorrow, I have never use it before, so I will need to see how it goes. About the filesystem and how it is mounted, I am currently using freenas with ZFS. Here is my dataset config:
Dt6bfdruRUebOd647nRTOw.png

Here my NFS server config:

pSxQH-yWTs2Eq4gF9pTlZw.png

And here my fstab:

192.168.1.202:/mnt/Volumen1/media /mnt/media nfs rw,async,hard,intr,noexec 0 0

And as I was telling I am able to reach the 1gbps between the NFS server, the hosts with emby, and the device that needs to play the movie/serie.

Please let me know if you might think something is wrong on my config and I will be testing it. I also changed the dataset to run async and the NFS with UDP but it didn't solve the problem

I dunno man, sounds very user specific. I have several zfs nfs shares on a little Celeron NAS and I have zero issues. Odd that ie would work but no other broswers, since they'd all be transcoding. Without sitting in your house, I'd have no way to diagnose this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#46 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15667 posts
  • Local time: 08:17 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:52 PM

Missing images in browser is a browser cache issue.  I am seeing it more often now in Chrome 69.  Clear the cache and all images appear, at least for me they do.

#47 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Sending here my iperf results:

Lgn1DneTRbOEkfw-kMtdwQ.png

#48 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

Missing images in browser is a browser cache issue.  I am seeing it more often now in Chrome 69.  Clear the cache and all images appear, at least for me they do.

Really weird

#49 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

I dunno man, sounds very user specific. I have several zfs nfs shares on a little Celeron NAS and I have zero issues. Odd that ie would work but no other broswers, since they'd all be transcoding. Without sitting in your house, I'd have no way to diagnose this.

Yes, I see, the worst thing is that finally I won't be able to use emby :(

I didn't want to go with plex, but at this point....

Edited by el_pedriyo, 12 September 2018 - 07:13 PM.

#50 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

Yes, it seems it was the cache

#51 mastrmind11 OFFLINE  

mastrmind11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2770 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

Sending here my iperf results:

Lgn1DneTRbOEkfw-kMtdwQ.png

Paste the results in text format, I can't read that screenshot.
edit: nevermind, I see, internally you're good.  So, I dunno.

Edited by mastrmind11, 12 September 2018 - 09:18 PM.

#52 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:28 AM

Like I was telling, it seems like it is a bug in emby

#53 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

Ok, its a pity, but finally it seems I will need to go with plex as it seems this is not going to get fixed :(

#54 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137741 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

I think you just need to lower the in app quality setting.

#55 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

Are you meanning this setting?: 

PXwYNZoKS_KQeS89hJ9mzQ.png

In the playback setting

Edited by el_pedriyo, 13 September 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#56 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

I already tried that but seems like the issue continued, even if it was that, I do not think that is a solution, if I have films in 1080 and a gigabit connection between my devices is not fair to lower the quality to be able to watch it, what is going to happen then when I try to watch a 4k video?. As I previously told you before plex, vlc (in my computer), internet explorer, or mobile emby app is not giving any type of problem. Are you completely sure it is not a timeout event inside the core of emby, or any other buggy thing?

If you want to investigate further I can even give you acces to my emby so that you can investigate yourself. But this is really disapointing me :(

Kind regards

#57 el_pedriyo OFFLINE  

el_pedriyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

OK, changing to plex as I see no aim from the author to fix it even when I did my best to troubleshoot it and wasted my time on it. Just kick this back when you decide to fix it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, chrome, player, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users