Shield ATV HDR

mamoel

FrostByte

This is almost the same thing Xbox users are going through right now.  The problem with no HDR and that app has been known for well over a year and has been talked to to death on the Xbox forums.  Microsoft did fix HDR and Xbox streaming apps for Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc, but they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to fix it for the little guys.  I wouldn't hold my breath too long waiting for this one to be fixed either.   

If no one is actively working with Google/Nvidia, then it's probably not reached a high level of importance with them yet because they would be in contact with someone if they were working it.  Just saying they are aware won't fix it.  MS is aware HDR doesn't work for Emby, Plex, etc also, but they obviously don't care.

jonboyuk

I have to say Nvidia have been good at helping me with a very isolated issue I was having with my Shield - to the point where it was fixed in a f/w update..although it took a year of nagging! I guess at least get some threads going mean they might look into it. After all it is supposed to be *the* media device to own!

Spaceboy

I do not agree, every time there are more users complaining about this problem, in different posts, many more than ten.

ah well. Well have to agree to disagree. Doesn’t help your cause though

TylerV76

I see Nvidia finally replied and are supposedly looking into why its not working.

Hopefully they really are and it takes less time to figure it out than it did for them to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Being a newer user of 4k video as my main screen is still my Panny VT60 Plasma what to look for here on my other two 4k HDTV's which probably don't have HDR anyhow. The specs are wrong as this says 60Hz but it switches to 24Hz so who knows what else is wrong..

I picked up two of these while back on Shell Shocker for $225 OTD and my utility gives a $150 rebate on Energy Star TV's so it was a no brainer to replace older 40" LCD's in the Master Bedroom and Bonus Room..

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16889651012/specs

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

jonboyuk

I see Nvidia finally replied and are supposedly looking into why its not working.

Hopefully they really are and it takes less time to figure it out than it did for them to reply.

That's great, do you have a hyperlink for it?

FrostByte

LOL, ya it only took 3+ months to even read the message.  I'll start getting excited when they actually acknowledge the problem exists

• Like 1

lukeholderness

Weird - updated to the latest beta server (4.1.0.10) and when I play a movie with HDR, it detects it. If I stop it then and play it again (or another HDR one) it doesn't detect HDR.

TylerV76

Weird - updated to the latest beta server (4.1.0.10) and when I play a movie with HDR, it detects it. If I stop it then and play it again (or another HDR one) it doesn't detect HDR.

This is with cropped HDR files? 

TylerV76

Yes

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the file information from the web app? Would be interested in comparing to some of my own. 

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

Wow, took him over 3 months to reply the first time, then another 2+ weeks to reply again after that and the guy didn't even bother to read the thread to see that the issue was with Exoplayer.  At this rate it's going to take them at least a year just to confirm there is an issue at all.

• Like 2

Before anyone get's too excited - I have confirmed that this issue is NOT addressed by the recent Nvidia 7.2.3 update.

• Like 2

Guest asrequested

Oh I'm not expecting it to be corrected anytime, soon. Nvidia aren't known for their haste.

I'm still powering ahead with my HTPC :)

• Like 2

TylerV76

Before anyone get's too excited - I have confirmed that this issue is NOT addressed by the recent Nvidia 7.2.3 update.

I don't see any mention of the pausing we have been seeing since the 7.2.2 update in the release notes either so Im guessing they didn't fix that as well. 

Sammy

What's the photos and videos app? Does it not play lossless audio codecs?

Sammy

What is the pausing issue that you are mentioning? I don't think I've experienced that.