Photo

Client reporting freezing and stutter's even with full transcode

Freezing Stuttering Playback Server Client Transcode General

Best Answer ButtoxDany , 06 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Me and my client were able to watch two movies without any freezing or stuttering whatsoever. The only difference being that i ran the server behind a VPN this time.So i guess for the time being the issue is resolved. Guessing it had something to do with my ISP throttling me. Which is weird, because with the VPN my speeds were cut in half (still plenty for streaming) but in the end it ran just fine.

Edit: Thank's to everyone who gave me suggestions and way's to test what was going on. Thank's Doofus for help setting up the VPN! 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 13395 posts
  • Local time: 11:23 PM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Here's the guide

https://emby.media/c...pn/?hl=torguard

I'd suggest just playing around with their app/client, first. See which server gives you best bandwidth, then follow the guide.

#62 ButtoxDany OFFLINE  

ButtoxDany

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 01:23 AM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:10 PM   Best Answer

Me and my client were able to watch two movies without any freezing or stuttering whatsoever. The only difference being that i ran the server behind a VPN this time.So i guess for the time being the issue is resolved. Guessing it had something to do with my ISP throttling me. Which is weird, because with the VPN my speeds were cut in half (still plenty for streaming) but in the end it ran just fine.

Edit: Thank's to everyone who gave me suggestions and way's to test what was going on. Thank's Doofus for help setting up the VPN! 

Edited by ButtoxDany, 06 June 2018 - 09:18 PM.

• ebr and Doofus like this

#63 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146597 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 AM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

That's interesting, thanks for the feedback!

#64 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 13395 posts
  • Local time: 11:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Glad you got it working :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Freezing, Stuttering, Playback, Server, Client, Transcode, General

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users